Offensive Line Coach

Yes it is Manny’s fault. His choices were all downgrades expect Hickson for Browncwhich is a wash.
Dugans for Stubbs downgrade.
Hartley vs Fields downgrade.
Searles vs Barry downgrade.

If you are going to fire coaches be sure to have a better option in line.

Searles had to be fired. He really sucked. Not sure he was any better than Butch Barry, TBH. Both were clear downgrades to Art Kehoe, who sucked, but not as bad as Searles and Barry do.

I agree that Dugans should have been retained, and Brown should have been retained as RB coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I strongly suspect nobody except for Enos is getting fired. If they were getting fired, they’d have already been fired.

Who are you going to be able to get as a replacement at this point? It’s kind of late to make staff changes now.

It's almost signing day.... Don't you think Lashlee will retain and add who he wants AFTER that? Most schools don't fire staff like that before NSD

And I strongly suspect even more that Lashlee has to conduct interviews for those on the staff to determine who he wants to retain, and who should kick rocks. I seriously doubt he took the job to be handcuffed to the last OC's choices.

Because that worked out so well with the prior OC hire?

In modern college football the OC doesn’t always choose his position coaches.

Look at the playoff programs. Do you think Esminger/Brady, Sarkisian, etc chose all their position coaches?

Part of the reason why our staff is so bad in the first place is probably because Manny had to fill out the staff late with Richt’s late retirement.

That’s not really Manny’s fault, but it is his fault for keeping the staff almost entirely intact after year 1.

That and the lack of his coaching network, lack of money to spend outside of DC or OC and never being a coach before

Advertisement
lol at this being the defend the GA thread.

Anyone got a real name being considered for Oline Coach because this team has some catching up to do in this dept and recruitingwise.

I guess those GAs of the year and the next Dabo and Belicheck will be sharing the O line coaching duties? Lol

Because that worked out so well with the prior OC hire?

In modern college football the OC doesn’t always choose his position coaches.

Look at the playoff programs. Do you think Esminger/Brady, Sarkisian, etc chose all their position coaches?
So you're telling me OCs, especially those in HIGH DEMAND, that are being brought in to fix massive messes aren't going to have input on who stays or goes in order to run things the way they want? I can see Diaz telling Blake Baker that some of his guys needed to stay. The D didn't need a complete overhaul. The O needs a complete overhaul. It needs men that are very familiar with what Lashlee wants to run. Am I to believe it would be in his best interest to keep men that didn't do so well with the last OC, in a different system, just because Diaz wants them around? No. Diaz wants Lashlee to save his job, and when a man is hired to save your ***, you let him do what he needs to do in order to do so.

Advertisement
So you're telling me OCs, especially those in HIGH DEMAND, that are being brought in to fix massive messes aren't going to have input on who stays or goes in order to run things the way they want? I can see Diaz telling Blake Baker that some of his guys needed to stay. The D didn't need a complete overhaul. The O needs a complete overhaul. It needs men that are very familiar with what Lashlee wants to run. Am I to believe it would be in his best interest to keep men that didn't do so well with the last OC, in a different system, just because Diaz wants them around? No. Diaz wants Lashlee to save his job, and when a man is hired to save your ***, you let him do what he needs to do in order to do so.

Really? Do you have real life examples of this or will your *** continue to be the place that you pull this nonsense from.

Name me a successful program that did this?

I’m sure countless great coaches started out as GAs but yea let’s bring up Patke because being the negative fan is such a funny and original shtick.

OR......Statistics is a real science just as likelihood and probability are components of it.

Advertisement
1578425145447.png

Really? Do you have real life examples of this or will your *** continue to be the place that you pull this nonsense from.

Name me a successful program that did this?
Manny Diaz is a defensive minded head coach. Do you really think he's going to put his career on the line by hiring men that might not work well with his OC?

If Manny was an offensive coach, I could see him hiring everyone on the O side of the ball, because they would be running HIS O. Lashlee is running Lashlee's O, and **** sure should have a strong say in who works under him, implementing HIS O.

Advertisement
Just stooping down to your level of football knowledge so that you can understand.

I know enough not to make a stupid statement like you did.It's funny most agree that it was an idiotic post but I guess that's what you's expect from a third grader..

I know enough not to make a stupid statement like you did.It's funny most agree that it was an idiotic post but I guess that's what you's expect from a third grader..

They scrubs ninja. Just marry one of them since you feel such a need to defend their message board integrity.

Advertisement
Back