Offensive line and Corner back depth

I think that Gibbons loss was bigger than people thought. Always thought he was the best LT prospect we had committed.

Not for depth purposes this year he wasn't. I agree for the future though...kid could've been the best tackle we had. I don't believe he would've impacted us this year at all though.

Advertisement
Am I the only person worried about the offensive line and corner back depth...Outside of Tracy Howard what corner you trust to go man to man coverage with..Offensive line looks average now plus kehoe will have a lot of work recruiting this year..

IMO Antonio Crawford is the our best pure cover corner
Burns is going to be great as well

Am I the only person worried about the offensive line and corner back depth...Outside of Tracy Howard what corner you trust to go man to man coverage with..Offensive line looks average now plus kehoe will have a lot of work recruiting this year..

u smoking?.

Gunter is better than him imo, Crawford actually was picked on alot last yr. He's solid, but dont get carried away. Guys like Dortch, Hope are nipping at hi sminutes Right now...and as far as "pure coverage"...that young boy Corn Elder imo is better.

Advertisement
If there is an injury at Tackle Feliciano can move out and we can have Gall/Isidora at Guard.

u smoking?.

Gunter is better than him imo, Crawford actually was picked on alot last yr. He's solid, but dont get carried away. Guys like Dortch, Hope are nipping at hi sminutes Right now...and as far as "pure coverage"...that young boy Corn Elder imo is better.

Corn, Artie, Gunter and Tracy are way better cover guys then Crawford but on this team he's very solid depth

Depth has been a HUGE issue for us at nearly all positions. The depth situation should be much better this year, but it's nowhere near where it needs to be. If I had to pick one position group on each side of the ball, I would say QB--all we'll have entering next season is a bunch of question marks and an injured starter, who was himself a bit of a question mark--and LB.

There is a big drop off from Perryman. Kriby will be better, Grace is getting there. Fig's shoulder might fall off at any moment. That's 4 players for 3 spots. Beyond those guys, who do we have left? Blue; Armbrister? They've have to play Armbrister inside a lot. That scares me. Blue is untested. Owens (who I am obsessed with--I've maintained that he will be the best defender in the class [we'll see about that]) and Young are true freshmen; their ceiling will be low this year. Smith and McCray aren't even on campus yet.

**Intentionally not counting McCord in my point--moving him to LB full time will just hurt DL depth**

Hope (Rd-Jr)
Dortch (Rd-Jr)
Burns (Jr)
Elder (Jr)
Mayes (So)

I may be wrong but I have Elder as a so. And Mayes as an RS. Fr.

Advertisement
Depth has been a HUGE issue for us at nearly all positions. The depth situation should be much better this year, but it's nowhere near where it needs to be. If I had to pick one position group on each side of the ball, I would say QB--all we'll have entering next season is a bunch of question marks and an injured starter, who was himself a bit of a question mark--and LB.

There is a big drop off from Perryman. Kriby will be better, Grace is getting there. Fig's shoulder might fall off at any moment. That's 4 players for 3 spots. Beyond those guys, who do we have left? Blue; Armbrister? They've have to play Armbrister inside a lot. That scares me. Blue is untested. Owens (who I am obsessed with--I've maintained that he will be the best defender in the class [we'll see about that]) and Young are true freshmen; their ceiling will be low this year. Smith and McCray aren't even on campus yet.

**Intentionally not counting McCord in my point--moving him to LB full time will just hurt DL depth**

They wont move Armbrister inside....that would be a disservice....He barely takes on blocks outside..dont wanna see him inside.

I think they would let Blue and Young go at it for back up ilb depth.....Blue didnt look too bad inside from what i saw, and from a physicality standpoint Young is their.

Ummm..i dont think they will be able to keep Owens off the field for long...i saw him run down a play backside at spring game that reminded me of when DJ Williams use to just chase stuff down backside for tfl's.
I honestly think Mccord can step outside at SAM if need be....if injury bug hits..

u smoking?.

Crawford was definitely picked on but ****, he made a lot more plays than he gets credit for. He was (like all of our CBs actually) a witch in run support. He is physical as **** and for a kid that barely played the position, I think he has a lot of room to get better. He is a tremendous athlete.

Gunter might be our best though. Good old nobody 2 star special. He probably should be a safety with how ruthless he is, but it's the best position overall on the team maybe other than WR.

They wont move Armbrister inside....that would be a disservice....He barely takes on blocks outside..dont wanna see him inside.

I think they would let Blue and Young go at it for back up ilb depth.....Blue didnt look too bad inside from what i saw, and from a physicality standpoint Young is their.

Ummm..i dont think they will be able to keep Owens off the field for long...i saw him run down a play backside at spring game that reminded me of when DJ Williams use to just chase stuff down backside for tfl's.
I honestly think Mccord can step outside at SAM if need be....if injury bug hits..

Good points. I meant to say that they're already using Armbrister inside a lot. Pretty sure I saw him playing inside during the spring game. Could be wrong.

OL depth is always a concern. Not just for this season, and not just for this team. You can always get hit with an injury bug. That can plague your unit, and then your forced to scoot out guys, that can cause concern for your QB's.

I think we are solid at CB. Plenty of talent their if a guy goes down.

QB is fine atm. 4 QB with a ship going into the season. Unless something drastic happens. It should stay that way. Only real threat is lack of exp.

Advertisement
OL depth is always a concern. Not just for this season, and not just for this team. You can always get hit with an injury bug. That can plague your unit, and then your forced to scoot out guys, that can cause concern for your QB's.

I think we are solid at CB. Plenty of talent their if a guy goes down.

QB is fine atm. 4 QB with a ship going into the season. Unless something drastic happens. It should stay that way. Only real threat is lack of exp.

Not just injuries but OL is just so tough to predict with guys growing into the position. Its nice when you can load up on can't miss prospects but that's rare. We've done a good job IMO mixing in big prospects and some under the radar guys but how they pan out is always a concern.

Advertisement
Back