Offensive Coordinators

Will he recruit another TVD?

Some similarity between Briles at FSU and Enos at UM. Briles offense had horrible numbers at FSU , but it gets hand waved away because he had no talent to work with. Enos got stuck with Jarren Williams, who had no interest in learning the offense and a horrendous OL (Richts recruiting was devastatingly bad). At Maryland, their offense jumped 20+ spots in Enos first year. There are other reasons wasn't a good fit (seems he clashed with other coaches), but fair is fair. If fans are giving Briles a pass, then Enos should get one too.

Again, you guys are looking at things way too much from a micro point of view. Briles has put much more on tape than his year at FSU. Enough of the year at FSU. He's been a full-time OC for 7 years now (maybe more?), and he's put up big numbers almost every single one of them. Enough FSU. Briles has a much better track record of spitting out high-performing offenses than Dan Enos has.

Enos really had 3 years of calling plays at this level before he came to Miami. Arkansas, 2015-2017. In 2015 they were 17th in YPP. 2016, plummeted to 57th. 2017, cratered at 70th.

Briles does the EXACT OPPOSITE at every stop. The offense immediately improves when he arrives, and continues to do so. And every time he leaves, it nosedives.

Is Briles the best possible person we could find on the planet to run the offense? Probably not. But is he a very good OC who would absolutely wreck this division with the talent advantage he'd have? Absolutely.

Advertisement
lmao, the same ppl asking if he'll recruit another TVD are the same ones saying "it's okay that brady doesn't know how to recruit, the offense will recruit itself"

lmao, the same ppl asking if he'll recruit another TVD are the same ones saying "it's okay that brady doesn't know how to recruit, the offense will recruit itself"

Seems you are trying to call me out. You misunderstood my question. It was in regards to one of the posters comments that we deserve Enox if fans dare to criticize Briles. I was indicating I'd take Enox as OC again if it guaranteed we'd get another QB like TVD.

Id be happy with Briles, but that doesn't mean I have to drink the Kool Aid and pretend he is the most perfect OC ever created.

For the people who want briles, why do yall focus more on the Arkansas offense more than the fsu offense, when what he ran at fsu is probably more similar to what he'd run here.

Im not high on him as most, but from a play design and route concept stand point his offense at Arkansas wouldn't fit here with TVD and jake at all imo but the offense at fsu is a better insight to what he'd do here scheme wise, of course we got better talent than hoeles i mean noles lol

For the people who want briles, why do yall focus more on the Arkansas offense more than the fsu offense, when what he ran at fsu is probably more similar to what he'd run here.

Im not high on him as most, but from a play design and route concept stand point his offense at Arkansas wouldn't fit here with TVD and jake at all imo but the offense at fsu is a better insight to what he'd do here scheme wise, of course we got better talent than hoeles i mean noles lol
Why wouldn’t you focus on a two year breakdown vs a one year breakdown? But hey what do I know

Advertisement

I mean 1) the increase year of year at FSU is impressive and 2) don't leave out houston, FAU, Baylor as well. He's been successful everywhere he's called plays

I mean 1) the increase year of year at FSU is impressive and 2) don't leave out houston, FAU, Baylor as well. He's been successful everywhere he's called plays
Thats kinda my point, i see people bringing up Arkansas but saying ignore fsu but what he ran there with less talent at basically every position is what kinda made me ok with the hire after watching some Arkansas games

The offenses he ran at Baylor in 2015, the offense he ran at FAU in 2017 & Houston in 2018 are all more of what we would see from Briles.

Kendal is a versatile play caller & OC, when he has a running QB he incorporates the Zone read meshes & has a dual threat rushing/passing attack, when he has a pocket passer he reverts back to his Baylor days with Art when they had Nick Florence & Bryce Petty both as 4,000+ yard passers & has a more conventional Run & Shoot style passing attack.

He’s at his best with a mobile QB, but he can operate perfectly fine with a pocket passer as well.

People pay closer attention to FSU because Miami fans usually have a very small scope from which they view things, so in most of their minds they think Briles has only ever coached at FSU & because FSU didn’t go undefeated & win a championship that means Briles sucks lol.

Here’s the reality, Briles will not just use one offensive set from a tenure of a team he’s been at, he’ll used a complied amalgam of experiences from his career as a Coach & play caller, from Baylor, to FAU, to Houston, FSU & Arkansas, and in each instance they’ve all had good offenses with varied results.

In terms of OC’s available Briles is among the best in the business for a number of different reasons & as controversial as this may sound, but I’m gonna say it anyway, he’s a 100x better of an OC than Dorsey & Joe Brady for that matter.

Briles isn’t even my top OC, but without doubt were we to land him we’d be favorites to win the Coastal for the 22 season.

Advertisement

Not a super fan of the hire… but we have way more talent now than he had at FSU that year…

Plus a good reason to compare is similar situation that the HC is former Top Oline coach…

The offenses he ran at Baylor in 2015, the offense he ran at FAU in 2017 & Houston in 2018 are all more of what we would see from Briles.

Kendal is a versatile play caller & OC, when he has a running QB he incorporates the Zone read meshes & has a dual threat rushing/passing attack, when he has a pocket passer he reverts back to his Baylor days with Art when they had Nick Florence & Bryce Petty both as 4,000+ yard passers & has a more conventional Run & Shoot style passing attack.

He’s at his best with a mobile QB, but he can operate perfectly fine with a pocket passer as well.

People pay closer attention to FSU because Miami fans usually have a very small scope from which they view things, so in most of their minds they think Briles has only ever coached at FSU & because FSU didn’t go undefeated & win a championship that means Briles sucks lol.

Here’s the reality, Briles will not just use one offensive set from a tenure of a team he’s been at, he’ll used a complied amalgam of experiences from his career as a Coach & play caller, from Baylor, to FAU, to Houston, FSU & Arkansas, and in each instance they’ve all had good offenses with varied results.

In terms of OC’s available Briles is among the best in the business for a number of different reasons & as controversial as this may sound, but I’m gonna say it anyway, he’s a 100x better of an OC than Dorsey & Joe Brady for that matter.

Briles isn’t even my top OC, but without doubt were we to land him we’d be favorites to win the Coastal for the 22 season.
If you had to rank your top 3 OCs for Miami’s personnel. Who would they be? Would Briles be in that three?

We can classify the three as kill it here, murder it here and lastly this ***** would be Armageddon lol

Some similarity between Briles at FSU and Enos at UM. Briles offense had horrible numbers at FSU , but it gets hand waved away because he had no talent to work with. Enos got stuck with Jarren Williams, who had no interest in learning the offense and a horrendous OL (Richts recruiting was devastatingly bad). At Maryland, their offense jumped 20+ spots in Enos first year. There are other reasons wasn't a good fit (seems he clashed with other coaches), but fair is fair. If fans are giving Briles a pass, then Enos should get one too.

1639509269293.gif

Enod was the worst 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Advertisement

Didnt even think about that, but very fair/valid observation.

The playcall sheet in the rain tho….lol

Advertisement
Precisely why I want someone like him over Joe Brady. Gimme some experience.

Advertisement
Back