Offensive Coordinators

Advertisement
I think we need to put our money where our mouth is
We claim we’re gonna spend money
So let’s actually spend and go after someone like Doug Peterson
It’s time to make big boy moves

The way you connect the dots always fascinates and amazes me El. I find it really interesting how a few very good coaches have so many branches on their coaching tree.

Who do you believe we have a realistic shot at getting?

Advertisement
The more i think about it, the more i want Briles. He was pass heavy at FSU, run heavy at Arkansas, and the offense has dramatically improved everywhere he's gone.

He'll tailor the offense around TVD but can create packages for Jacurri and the skill players. He recruited Jake and Jacurri heavily already so he can probably keep them at Miami as well.

Briles should not be an option
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Graham Harrell.....he’s the guy.....good QB coach and playcaller with recruiting ties in Texas and California. QB recruiting wouldn’t be a problem with Harrell.
He’d be my top choice after Joe Brady.

Hopefully no Chud… seems like that would be a step back to the outdated “pro style” offense that NFL offenses don’t even run anymore.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can’t fix stupid. These people deserve Dan Enox.

Will he recruit another TVD?

Some similarity between Briles at FSU and Enos at UM. Briles offense had horrible numbers at FSU , but it gets hand waved away because he had no talent to work with. Enos got stuck with Jarren Williams, who had no interest in learning the offense and a horrendous OL (Richts recruiting was devastatingly bad). At Maryland, their offense jumped 20+ spots in Enos first year. There are other reasons wasn't a good fit (seems he clashed with other coaches), but fair is fair. If fans are giving Briles a pass, then Enos should get one too.

Some similarity between Briles at FSU and Enos at UM. Briles offense had horrible numbers at FSU , but it gets hand waved away because he had no talent to work with. Enos got stuck with Jarren Williams, who had no interest in learning the offense and a horrendous OL (Richts recruiting was devastatingly bad). At Maryland, their offense jumped 20+ spots in Enos first year. There are other reasons wasn't a good fit (seems he clashed with other coaches), but fair is fair. If fans are giving Briles a pass, then Enos should get one too.
did you even look up the stats? FSU's offense jumped drastically in plenty of key metrics in the 1 year briles was there. Was it an awesome offense? no but it was a substantial YOY increase over 2018 before him and it's safe to assume would have kept climbing, like it has at every other stop he's been at

Miami was 81 in F+ offense

FSU was 97

Miami was 84

FSU was 61

FSU handed Briles nothing and he improved it significantly.

Even if you want to believe Miami handed Enos nothing, Enos actually took it backwards.

Briles’ worshippers such as myself don’t need to give him a pass at FSU. What he did at FSU was a miracle.

Advertisement
Back