Offensive Coordinator.

DC1986

ALL lives matter. Back the Blue!
Banned
Who did Richt hire as a offensive coordinator this week because the offense looked **** good to me. Richt couldn't have called those plays because the game has passed him by,his offense is outdated, and he is a corch according to some keyboard " experts" here. lol

Advertisement
2-3 in ACC games and he stays calling RPOs with a pocket QB.

Richt is a coRch.

There were still a ton of maddening short yardage calls, but overall it's an improvement.

Let's see how he finishes out the year.

Advertisement
He still needs an OC, because it would make his job much easier...

But, he did do a good job today exploiting Pitt's god awful Pass Defense.

Advertisement
Richt had them prepared today! This type of performance allows me to see coach is Willi g to adjust to his personnel...... definitely a good sign!

This game only has me more confused. It makes it even more unacceptable that we struggled the previous weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see him consistently attack that putrid pass defense. He wasn't trying too hard to be balanced, which was nice.

Richt had them prepared today! This type of performance allows me to see coach is Willi g to adjust to his personnel...... definitely a good sign!

Looked like he had Kaaya on a 3 second clock and it definitely worked. Hope it continues. Looked like the offense played with confidence and execution was very good.

Advertisement
I don't care what defense we go against. Put Kaaya in the mother ******* shotgun formation.

Who did Richt hire as a offensive coordinator this week because the offense looked **** good to me. Richt couldn't have called those plays because the game has passed him by,his offense is outdated, and he is a corch according to some keyboard " experts" here. lol

I don't think it was ever fair to say it was all on Richt or all on Kaaya.

This game actually works against your general point. Throughout the past 4 weeks, Coach Richt has clearly and continuously moved his offense to a more open, downfield attack. In different spurts against VT and ND. No longer is he setting up the pass with the run. He's doing the opposite and using the pass to convert 3rd downs.

Today is a really good example for those who said it's a combination of problems everywhere: Coach, QB, OL, RB, execution. It varies with each game, naturally, but if you can't see Richt's playcalling and vertical routes inside that weren't there against FSU, we're watching different games. Today, Richt attacked the opponent's weakness: a horrendous pass defense. That's all some were asking from missed opportunities against FSU and UNC.

I wouldn't say our offense is expected to be incredible now, either, though. Would still like to see how Coach Richt and Kaaya react in a big game against a good defense. Do we still take aggressive shots and pass first or do we play things a little tighter again?

Last edited:

Took him 5 weeks to adjust, yeah, incredible job by coach.

Advertisement
its funny how the same play calling looks "different" when the QB is actually executing like he is suppose to albeit against inferior competition to bad it took this long for it to finally sink in Brad Kaayas head how to play the QB position the right way.

2-3 in ACC games and he stays calling RPOs with a pocket QB.

Richt is a coRch.

Pocket passing QB has nothing to do with RPO. Y'all think the run/pass option, read option, and triple option the same thing just because it's an option.

The run option is a handoff to the RB, the pass option is whatever route you designed for the play. Typically a quick hitter like a slant. The read option is when the QB can keep, which isn't what we're doing.

It's simply a numbers game, pre snap read on the safety and OLB, if you make the correct pre snap read, your OL executes, and you hold onto the ball or complete the pass its gonna pick up yards every time. The problem has been OL execution

I don't think it was ever fair to say it was all on Richt or all on Kaaya.

This game actually works against your general point. Throughout the past 4 weeks, Coach Richt has clearly and continuously moved his offense to a more open, downfield attack. In different spurts against VT and ND. No longer is he setting up the pass with the run. He's doing the opposite and using the pass to convert 3rd downs.

Today is a really good example for those who said it's a combination of problems everywhere: Coach, QB, OL, RB, execution. It varies with each game, naturally, but if you can't see Richt's playcalling and vertical routes inside that weren't there against FSU, we're watching different games. Today, Richt attacked the opponent's weakness: a horrendous pass defense. That's all some were asking from missed opportunities against FSU and UNC.

I wouldn't say our offense is expected to be incredible now, either, though. Would still like to see how Coach Richt and Kaaya react in a big game against a good defense. Do we still take aggressive shots and pass first or do we play things a little tighter again?

Richt play calls were better but Kaaya was decisive with his reads. For the first time this year, he looked comfortable.

its funny how the same play calling looks "different" when the QB is actually executing like he is suppose to albeit against inferior competition

This is really a response for everyone else, since I know the trajectory of any "discussion" with someone obsessed with faulting the QB.

It doesn't "look" different. Sometimes, playcalls are different. It's a shame people either have no idea what they're looking at or just don't want to open their eyes because of a conclusion they've already made about who to fault.

We ran inside vertical routes over the past few weeks that didn't happen Oct. 8th or Oct. 15th. Go back and check to see if Richards was ever sent vertically out of the slot during those games. He was today. He beat his guy off the line immediately and one time it went for a large chunk play. Go check to see if Njoku ever threatened the field down the seam against FSU. Today, Kaaya was afforded those looks out of quick drops and they opened up immediately. Because many of these plays take minimal OL protection and it's our most talented guys inside against mismatched defenders, execution looks different from the QB to WR/TE outcome.

Advertisement
Back