Offenses?

fraggle

Senile Senior
Seems to me trying to classify offenses is rather lame. When push comes to shove every team looks the same. They all run the ball, they all throw the ball, and they all try to take advantage of whatever the defensive weakness will be. The most significant piece has become the QB, he seems to be who wins or loses games. If TVD didn't throw INT's we'd have won more games. All teams look alike and when Roman breaks down a game his terminology is the same for which ever team he is schooling us on, not this is a run and shoot offense and an RPO is uniform to all offenses.
Personally I think it is time to be different and I think Michigan showed what is more balanced and consistent when they beat the crap out of Washington. We have and had the tools to win without being so QB centric. Michigan offensive line simply over powered Washington's defense and their RB bullied the defense. The team that Butch built had a plethora of RB's and athletic OL, something we have now. When you are bigger, quicker, stronger then your opponent, BEAT HIM UP! I fear that Cam Ward addition will make us like every other team where his performance will be the key to winning or losing yet we have the tools to dominate physically most of the teams on our schedule.
Time to be different, play tough hard nosed Hurricane football ala a Vince Lombardi type offense where you simply dominate your opponent. Think of it this way, how in the world did we lose to MTSU or FIU when we could've squashed them with talent. MTSU was TVD int's and he dug so deep a hole we quit and Butch just out coached us with his inferior talent. We should've had 300 yards on the ground against both. I fear our fans are so enthralled with deep bombs and exploiting teams with our "speed" that we forget every team has speed now and defenses are built to cover passes, not the run!

Advertisement
IMG_2652.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seems to me trying to classify offenses is rather lame. When push comes to shove every team looks the same. They all run the ball, they all throw the ball, and they all try to take advantage of whatever the defensive weakness will be. The most significant piece has become the QB, he seems to be who wins or loses games. If TVD didn't throw INT's we'd have won more games. All teams look alike and when Roman breaks down a game his terminology is the same for which ever team he is schooling us on, not this is a run and shoot offense and an RPO is uniform to all offenses.
Personally I think it is time to be different and I think Michigan showed what is more balanced and consistent when they beat the crap out of Washington. We have and had the tools to win without being so QB centric. Michigan offensive line simply over powered Washington's defense and their RB bullied the defense. The team that Butch built had a plethora of RB's and athletic OL, something we have now. When you are bigger, quicker, stronger then your opponent, BEAT HIM UP! I fear that Cam Ward addition will make us like every other team where his performance will be the key to winning or losing yet we have the tools to dominate physically most of the teams on our schedule.
Time to be different, play tough hard nosed Hurricane football ala a Vince Lombardi type offense where you simply dominate your opponent. Think of it this way, how in the world did we lose to MTSU or FIU when we could've squashed them with talent. MTSU was TVD int's and he dug so deep a hole we quit and Butch just out coached us with his inferior talent. We should've had 300 yards on the ground against both. I fear our fans are so enthralled with deep bombs and exploiting teams with our "speed" that we forget every team has speed now and defenses are built to cover passes, not the run!
:u5pyxda:

I have laughed.at a lot of Fraggle's posts in the past, but he isn't entirely wrong here. Didn't we all just watch Michigan manhandle Alabaga and the Huskies on both sides of the LOS? Yes, J.J. McCarthy was competent when needed, but that's not what won games and a NC for them. He just didn't lose them any. Brad Kayak wins 10 or 11 games for the Canes last year.

Advertisement
@fraggle I don't think anyone is anticipating Cam Ward/Dawson just airing it out. We will run and look to dominate the LS, but it would be nice if our qb does take shots and can spread the ball around increasing the area of field to defend, keep opposing teams guessing. oh and NOT toss those TO's of course.

Advertisement
Man I couldn't click fast enough when I saw a new post from Fraggle, GOAT of goats, and this one did not disappoint.
I would like to start up a collection to get Fraggle his own Michigan Wolverine leather helmet to wear whenever he and Mario co-author a porst about offenses in the future. If we don't collect enough money, Fraggle will have to settle for an old brown leather helmet and I just don't want to do the GOAT like that.

1708535958210.png

JFC 🙄 I read the first 2 sentences and half the 3rd sentence and came to the conclusion that I just couldn't fuxkin do it😅

Advertisement
Back