Offense

Most fans that have seen all of the legendary Canes teams (like I have) know what the genuine article looks like. We are far from reaching the National Championship level of excellence that we used to have.

Struggling to pull away from Toledo late in the game does not in any way, shape or form resemble a “dominant” win.

Alabaga went into Ole Miss’s home turf and completely annihilated them. As much as I can’t stand Little Nicky and the Tide, I gotta call it like it is. They are a finely tuned machine. When we’re back to kicking *** like we used to and dominating teams like we used to, then you’ll see fans happy.

Until then, you can dress up a **** and it’s still a ****. Our O-line and QB are serviceable at best. Our D-line is way more talented than the O-line, but our DC is not an elite coach. Way too many yards and points given up today to a freshman QB and a team that lost a ton of starters.

There’s no way to sugar coat this. It is what it is. Will we beat FSU? We should with ease. VT and BC will probably eat our lunch this year and I see our ceiling as 9-3 after watching the team’s performance so far this season.

If we get a few fortunate bounces here and there we might win 10 games, but as of now the jury is definitely still out on this team and definitely on the coaching staff.

when did ole miss become some juggernaut?. They would be ina dog fight with toledo

Advertisement
when did ole miss become some juggernaut?. They would be ina dog fight with toledo

That’s a fair point. But ‘Bama put a serious beat down on a team that they were clearly more talented than. They took Ole Miss to the woodshed to the tune of 49-7 at halftime. After allowing the Rebs to score on their first drive, they responded by destroying them and totally dominating them on the road.

We, on the other hand, struggled to get a firm grasp on this game until the 4th quarter. We had a 7 point lead heading into the 4th quarter against a much inferior team (talent wise) on the road. Same symptoms as last season and the 2016 season.

At some point if you want respect you gotta earn it by going out there and demolishing other teams on the reg.

We have not shown the ability to do this yet. I think that we have the young talent that may be able to dominate in the near future, but as of now the coaches play whoever they think won’t mess up.

I rather play the more talented dudes, even if they mess up some. They’ll have growing pains, but they’ll also give you the opportunity for way more big plays.

At this point Robert Knowles has been given many chances to make a play and he is yet to do so. He seems lost most of the time. It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to see that if they keep on putting him out there he is a major liability on the back end of our D.

The starting offensive line is soft and unathletic. As former Dolphins offensive coordinator Gary Stevens once said when asked about the woes of his offensive line when it came to running the ball, “you can’t make chicken salad out of chicken ****.”

Malik is a good kid and tough, but just isn’t a gifted enough passer to lead us to the promised land. At this level of football you need more than a game manager to compete annually for the natty. Only team that can get away with not having had a dominant QB the last 10 years is Baga, and that’s because they are loaded at every other position and have the best coaching in all of CFB. Now it looks like they finally may have a great QB. That spells big trouble for the rest of college football.

Our coaching staff has lots of holes. Dugans and Brown are excellent coaches. The rest of the guys are meh, in my opinion. Simpson will do a great job as time passes and he gets acclimated. I see him as a good hire.

The rest of the staff is still trying to figure things out in year 3. Not a good look.

Advertisement
Back