Offense is filling out

Dude

Senior
*** QB 6'6" 210 J. Anderson (GA)
**** RB 5'11" 195 K. Riley (AL)
*** RB 6'0" 175 C. Wheatley-Humphrey (FL)
***** WR 6'1" 190 J. Trader (FL)
**** WR 6'1" 190 C. Robinson (FL)
**** TE 6'2" 220 E. Lofton (NV)
*** OL 6'5" 289 D. Plazz (FL)
*** OL 6'6" 335 J. Minaya (NJ)

this is an interesting group. Judd is gonna be on bump watch all season, as well as CWH & Plazz imo. I'd like to see a couple more OL, or at least 1 more blue chip guy. Also, I wouldnt say no if a burner WR wants in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
With the talent not being as good on the OL this year if you get Ahfua I think you did well.
That will be a battle and you can’t feel that great about landing him especially with his connections to the staff at Utah. Never count out Mario for an OL but just seems they have the higher ground here.

That will be a battle and you can’t feel that great about landing him especially with his connections to the staff at Utah. Never count out Mario for an OL but just seems they have the higher ground here.
I agree I’m just saying we need one of that type of guy for the OL to be a success in this class.

Advertisement
Landing a premier QB1 is the biggest priority that remains. With how this WR class is now shaping up, hopefully that will get the attention of some premier QB's who've been hesitant to consider us. We've got potential bookend OT's and just landed a composite 5* WR in Trader, which has to be appealing from a pass protection and dynamic weapons standpoint.

Pair that talent foundation with an exciting offensive turnaround during the season and maybe we can start turning some heads with top QB's.

Landing a premier QB1 is the biggest priority that remains. With how this WR class is now shaping up, hopefully that will get the attention of some premier QB's who've been hesitant to consider us. We've got potential bookend OT's and just landed a composite 5* WR in Trader.

Pair that talent foundation with an exciting offensive turnaround during the season and maybe we can start turning some heads with top QB's.
Think we are rolling with Judd unless something big time happens. At this point we need the guys on the roster to step up so we can attract a sure fire starter from the portal. I believe that the QB market in the portal will be a blood bath… expensive and major suitors will to shank the opposition to get one.

Landing a premier QB1 is the biggest priority that remains. With how this WR class is now shaping up, hopefully that will get the attention of some premier QB's who've been hesitant to consider us. We've got potential bookend OT's and just landed a composite 5* WR in Trader.

The portal doesn’t make this as much of a priority as it’s traditionally been. Wait till you see how much better Notre Dame is on offense this year now that they have a real dude running the show.

You can’t ignore QB recruiting, of course. But if you identify your guy, take him and if you can’t get anyone else, go shopping after the season. If we look good on offense, it will be easier than you think.

Advertisement
Think we are rolling with Judd unless something big time happens. At this point we need the guys on the roster to step up so we can attract a sure fire starter from the portal. I believe that the QB market in the portal will be a blood bath… expensive and major suitors will to shank the opposition to get one.

Completely agree that the QB market will be intensely competitive and filled with aggressive spenders. Programs will also try to spend to prevent their QB's from entering the portal, so I'm curious to see which potential big timers actually end up transferring.

The portal market was very weak at QB this past year, so hopefully the pendulum swings the other way after this season when we'll be looking for a premier talent.

The portal doesn’t make this as much of a priority as it’s traditionally been. Wait till you see how much better Notre Dame is on offense this year now that they have a real dude running the show.

You can’t ignore QB recruiting, of course. But if you identify your guy, take him and if you can’t get anyone else, go shopping after the season. If we look good on offense, it will be easier than you think.

I think all of that is more than fair, even though I'm still a big proponent of prioritizing HS QB recruiting and consider it a very worthwhile investment if you have a chance at a premier talent. We reportedly came in second for Nico Iamaleava last year, for example, and I thought it was smart that we pushed that hard for him knowing full well the level of NIL allocation that was required to have a place at the table in a recruitment that highly contested.

If we have to turn to the portal out of necessity, then I sure as **** hope it works out for us in the end. Timing matters immensely for programs that end up needing a transfer QB. UF is stuck with Graham Mertz this year largely because this past year's portal QB group was extremely weak aside from Leary and Hartman. Hopefully there will be higher level options when we turn to the portal after this season.

If TVD bounces back this year and then we hit big on a portal QB or Jacurri develops into a star, then the negative recruiting pitch other programs are hammering us with about QB's completely dies.

Advertisement
2 elite players and a couple of role players isn't going to cut it. Need to add at least 2 more starter quality or better players.

*** QB 6'6" 210 J. Anderson (GA) Big project
**** RB 5'11" 195 K. Riley (AL) Elite
*** RB 6'0" 175 C. Wheatley-Humphrey (FL) Good role player but not a #1 option
***** WR 6'1" 190 J. Trader (FL) Elite
**** WR 6'1" 190 C. Robinson (FL) Starter Quality
**** TE 6'2" 220 E. Lofton (NV) Good role player but not a #1 option
*** OL 6'5" 289 D. Plazz (FL) Hope you can develop and get 2 good years out of him
*** OL 6'6" 335 J. Minaya (NJ) Hope you can develop and get 2 good years out of him

Landing a premier QB1 is the biggest priority that remains. With how this WR class is now shaping up, hopefully that will get the attention of some premier QB's who've been hesitant to consider us. We've got potential bookend OT's and just landed a composite 5* WR in Trader, which has to be appealing from a pass protection and dynamic weapons standpoint.

I think that QB is gonna come from the portal.

2 elite players and a couple of role players isn't going to cut it. Need to add at least 2 more starter quality or better players.

*** QB 6'6" 210 J. Anderson (GA) Big project
**** RB 5'11" 195 K. Riley (AL) Elite
*** RB 6'0" 175 C. Wheatley-Humphrey (FL) Good role player but not a #1 option
***** WR 6'1" 190 J. Trader (FL) Elite
**** WR 6'1" 190 C. Robinson (FL) Starter Quality
**** TE 6'2" 220 E. Lofton (NV) Good role player but not a #1 option
*** OL 6'5" 289 D. Plazz (FL) Hope you can develop and get 2 good years out of him
*** OL 6'6" 335 J. Minaya (NJ) Hope you can develop and get 2 good years out of him
Agree we need more! But, most of that is opinion based! They haven't even played there senior year!!!👀

It's never easy for QB.

Advertisement
Back