Offense averaged 5.6 points in second half of our losses....

canesman

Junior
This was taken from TOS.....

Besides Nebraska where we were trading points until the costly Duke fumble returned for a TD...

And you can't count the Delephana blocked punt vs. VA with no time left...

You are looking at 34 2h points in those 6 losses.

It's mind boggling to me how people put the defense so much more at fault than the offense for this past season. Don't get me wrong, I think Kayaa is a nice starting point and will improve. But BIG improvement is needed 34 points in 6 of those losses people!! If you give Louisville game a pass because of Kayaa ok still...And a couple of those defenses were terrible too, and even the better ones (Va., FSU, GT) were just adequate and not exactly a murderer's row!

The good news is that 25 of those points came against the last two, Pitt and SoCar, as Kayaa finally started to learn a little bit how to play from behind...But the bad news is everyone lit up those 2 defenses and the first Pitt drive was out of the locker room after half and came with 2 15 yard defensive penalties on Pitt. And our 44 combined points for the game against these 2 weak defenses is ugly.

In those 6 losses, I'm counting about 10 drives worth a **** after the half...Not exaggerating. And one of those was the lost Dobard fumble against FSU.

We were about a 1.5 quarter team on offense this season. The first 20-25 minutes of the game we were dynamite...Then disappeared, especially if the other team didn't crumble.

Kayaa will improve, let's hope J. Coley does too

Advertisement
All of our issues point directly to coaching. Not talent.........coaching. No adjustments to favor our team; in fact, any adjustments made were to go conservative in the 2nd half and this played right into the hands of our opponents. Hate to beat a dead horse but this staff is atrociously bad.

Maybe that's why Al always points the finger at the offense and not his top 15 defense

Like Al says, it all starts with him, this year we found a new way to lose games. That is the only thing he has been good at since he has been here.

If you needed any more proof aside from OP and our record that we have an awful coaching staff that can't make adjustments, check this out -- on the year we ranked

88th in 2nd Half Scoring Defense and
106th in 4th Quarter Scoring Defense.

...that's how you get your *** out-coached at the half. That's how you go 6-7.

Pathetic.

Advertisement
Al Golden's 2 coordinators are probably the least experienced, least qualified pair of coordinators in Miami history.

Patrick Nix was as bad as it gets.

Coley is a cool dude and can script the opening few series, but when adjustments are made he folds like a cheap suit.

Our offense is slow and predictable. It also requires NFL arm strength and impeccable timing. Just like on defense, we over complicate things and it shows on the field.

Can someone give me an example of a time Coley had our team execute a 2 minute offense properly?

Advertisement
Al Golden's 2 coordinators are probably the least experienced, least qualified pair of coordinators in Miami history.

Not to mention Coley has no help on his offensive coaching staff.

His head coach is not an offensive guy. I have to imagine Art Kehoe and Larry Scott provide no valuable input. Brandan Caroll is a good tweeter but he has no business coaching WR's at any level, let along Miami. Ice Harris is a high school coach brought in to recruit.

Look at Oregon with Helfrich, Frost and Lubick.

Look at FSU with Fisher, Sanders, Brewster and Dawsey.

Look at Ohio State with Meyer and Herman.

Not to mention Coley has no help on his offensive coaching staff.

His head coach is not an offensive guy. I have to imagine Art Kehoe and Larry Scott provide no valuable input. Brandan Caroll is a good tweeter but he has no business coaching WR's at any level, let along Miami. Ice Harris is a high school coach brought in to recruit.

Look at Oregon with Helfrich, Frost and Lubick.

Look at FSU with Fisher, Sanders, Brewster and Dawsey.

Look at Ohio State with Meyer and Herman.

Oh poor Coley he needs help. The guy was not allowed to call plays when he was at his alma mater with his mentor. He is an abysmal coach, and without Jimbo/boosters his recruiting has done nothing to shut down So Fla. He's as bad as Golden, Dorito, and the rest. This staff, in its entirety is garbage.

Second half adjustments aren't their strength guys , come on. Neither are X's and O's .

Give Al a break , he's at least a great st 's coordinator

Coley deserves to be shown the door as much as the rest of the bums on the staff

Advertisement
The offense was very inconsistent all year. Had the offense been a little better, the defense would have looked even better. Miami saw more plays than almost anyone on defense and still fielded a top 15 defense. If the offense would have been better, then the defense would have been a top 10 defense and Al Golden would have even more to talk about.

I don't even know what my point is. Fire Al Golden.

The O went conservative in the second half. That's what happened. My guess is that it was Al that typically called off the dogs in the second half. Played it safe.

Against FSU, if we had continued to be aggressive in the second half I think we would have won.

Advertisement
Coley deserves to be shown the door as much as the rest of the bums on the staff

I don't understand the Coley love on here or anywhere else.

Jimbo wouldn't even let him call plays. He's basically a position coach overseer, who runs the entire Miami offense, poorly.

And some people seriously talk about him as Goldens replacement.

I don't understand the Coley love on here or anywhere else.

Jimbo wouldn't even let him call plays. He's basically a position coach overseer, who runs the entire Miami offense, poorly.

And some people seriously talk about him as Goldens replacement.

He's bad. He's probably calling a less aggressive game than he'd prefer, though. I don't know if he'd be AS bad if Golden would let him release the hounds. I'm certainly not going to squawk if he's part of a staff-wide purge. I just don't think it would be fair if he were singled out, as if firing him is what separates the team from greatness.

All of our issues point directly to coaching. Not talent.........coaching. No adjustments to favor our team; in fact, any adjustments made were to go conservative in the 2nd half and this played right into the hands of our opponents. Hate to beat a dead horse but this staff is atrociously bad.
QFT.

Whole staff from top to bottom should be let go. Absolute worst staff in the country.

Advertisement
Back