Off Topic / UM History

Wow! Doing some research before starting the 81 season in film (whatever is available). Team was 9-2 that year.

Played a crazy schedule starting with UF. First game I can watch. The schedule this year is crazy. Notre Dame, Vatech, FSU, Penn State, Miss St, Vanderbilt, Texas, Houston, and lowly East Carolina.

That would be insane today.

Does anybody have a list or names of 1980 recruits? I compared the rosters and on the 1981 official roster they only list 10 freshmen.

Willie Broughton
Ken Calhoun
Dallas Cameron
Rick Cochran
Robin Graham
Tony Griffin
Ron Harris
Greg Jones
Alvin Ward
Dave Ditthardt
 
Some guy on YouTube has highlight films of almost every team in the 80s. I'll have to look up what his name is, but I think he starts at 80 or 81.
 
Now think of the 25" tube TV you were watching it on.
1790958833563.png
 
There is a guy on YouTube, Steelbuck6 who has whole games broken down to 40 minutes. You just get the actual plays. No time in between plays, timeouts, replays, etc. He doesn't just have Miami, he has tons for teams and games but if you search for Miami you get games from 1979.
 
The TV intro to Wide Right II (1992) is incredible.
How about the 2000 fsu game at the OB- Shockey’s coming out party!
I remember I’d taped it- rewatched and after Miami pulled ahead- the OB was rocking like crazy—

CBS televised and Vern Lundquist (one of the greats) with Danielson called that game

Post shockey TD- Vern going to commercial says (paraphrasing) “Miami takes the lead with 1:39 left— come right back- I think you will”
 
Wow! Doing some research before starting the 81 season in film (whatever is available). Team was 9-2 that year.

Played a crazy schedule starting with UF. First game I can watch. The schedule this year is crazy. Notre Dame, Vatech, FSU, Penn State, Miss St, Vanderbilt, Texas, Houston, and lowly East Carolina.

That would be insane today.

Does anybody have a list or names of 1980 recruits? I compared the rosters and on the 1981 official roster they only list 10 freshmen.

Willie Broughton
Ken Calhoun
Dallas Cameron
Rick Cochran
Robin Graham
Tony Griffin
Ron Harris
Greg Jones
Alvin Ward
Dave Ditthardt
That was the first great team we had for the 80's, with a top rate schedule
 
How about the 2000 fsu game at the OB- Shockey’s coming out party!
I remember I’d taped it- rewatched and after Miami pulled ahead- the OB was rocking like crazy—

CBS televised and Vern Lundquist (one of the greats) with Danielson called that game

Post shockey TD- Vern going to commercial says (paraphrasing) “Miami takes the lead with 1:39 left— come right back- I think you will”
For sure. Sometimes I remember the game like it was a week ago. Other times, it feels as distant as the years show.

Your username is hilarious, but I do not want to make light of the vagabond lifestyle.
 
Back
Top