OFF TOPIC: anybody getting this pop-up (f.txt.js)

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

All-ACC (#1 most reproted porster on CIS)
@Andrew

Keep getting a pop-up asking me to download the following file: F.txt.js

Obviously, I’m not going to download as it has an executable JavaScript extension.

Reason I started this thread is because it seems to only come up when I’m on your site, but I also realize it may have nothing to do with that. It just so happens that it only keeps popping up on the CIS site.

Just wondering if we have any IT type guys that might be aware of this as malware or something. It’s only happening on my iOS device - not on my work computer, which is windows (and I don’t use for this site anyway)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Have you tried turning it on and off again?
the it crowd chris odowd GIF

Advertisement
Seriously though, clean your history and cookies out, turn on pop-ups blocker in your Safari preferences. I never get pop-ups. Then of course, I have Malwarebytes and a VPN that blocks any snot-laden source of attempts from anywhere.

Advertisement
Yea I don’t... it’s some kind of adware/malware

Although the ID is different every time, $('#akgfriqo15').hide() is an example snippet of code that can be ran in your browser console. All this does is prove it can be hidden with some good logic. These popups are dynamic in ID's, but a well put together plugin can make life easy.

I imagine there is a google/safari browser plugin that can do this on page load, but @Andrew might not like that.

This is from the link in the OP - obviously not CIS, but the pop up is the same

71245060-c642-42be-9a1e-720439573254.jpg

Advertisement
Although the ID is different every time, $('#akgfriqo15').hide() is an example snippet of code that can be ran in your browser console. All this does is prove it can be hidden with some good logic. These popups are dynamic in ID's, but a well put together plugin can make life easy.

I imagine there is a google/safari browser plugin that can do this on page load, but @Andrew might not like that.

You in IT?

best scam going since the billboard gofundme

I have no problem with the $25, that’s nothing, I don’t mind it all. I just need a way to pay it without revealing my identity. I wish there was an anonymous way to pay on the internet

Advertisement
Back