Off - Season Coaching Moves

Advertisement

Texas hires a new CB Coach & WR Coach.

The WR coach Andre Coleman is a K State alum & former player, spent the last 6 seasons at KState (was there with Coach Hickson in 2018) before he went to Texas as an analyst & was just elevated to full time WR's coach.

Their CB Coach is Jay Valai, who played CB at Wisconsin when Chris Ash was DB's coach there. He was a CB's coach at Rutgers under Chris Ash as well, was a QC with the Chiefs & started out as an analyst at UGA.

The sad things Liberty is I watched Jay Valai play at Wisky back in the day. **** I’m getting old. He was a good CB for the Badgers.

I take it your point is that while Manny is blaming all the cultural issues and losses on the QB room, Herman and others were out um, doing evaluations on staff and adding nice pieces to their coaching puzzle? 🤦

Advertisement
The sad things Liberty is I watched Jay Valai play at Wisky back in the day. **** I’m getting old. He was a good CB for the Badgers.

I take it your point is that while Manny is blaming all the cultural issues and losses on the QB room, Herman and others were out um, doing evaluations on staff and adding nice pieces to their coaching puzzle? 🤦
That's true, we could've upgraded quite a bit this offseason if we had a more aggressive approach to coaching.

But nah, no ulterior motive behind the posts, just like posting & updating on Coaching hires over the season because I keep up with all the different moves teams are making. If yall have ever wondered how I know so much about all these random coaches it's because I pay attention to it every year lol.

I was going to start a separate thread, but decided not to because this one was already made.

I mean...why we sweating a coach from FAU is beyond me..KP has a good rep tho..stroud has been fine..idk how to keep up with how cis decides to divi out credit but since stroud had been here, he’s recruited fine and produced a good dline..how much is that on him and how much is on us just having “dudes” up front I’ll let y’all figure out

Advertisement

Lincoln Riley's younger brother gets hired as Lashlee's replacement.

He played at TTech under Leach, then transferred to Stephen F Austin, then coached HS ball down in TX, then was a GA/offensive assistant at ECU with Lincoln & Ruffin McNeill, then got hired at Kansas as an Analyst & eventually elevated to QB's coach under Dave Beaty, then was RB's coach at App St under Eli Drinkwitz.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Sterlin Gilbert linking back up with Dino Babers.

Babers hired Gilbert straight out of coaching High School in Texas when he was at Eastern Illinois & brought him with him to Bowling Green as well. Then Gilbert his hired by Charlie Strong at USF & Texas as their OC.

Gilbert also got hired as the HC at McNeese St & after going 7-5 in one season was fired, why exactly Idk but it seems he got a raw deal there. McNesse St hired Frank Wilson today as their new HC, I'm guessing they wanted him all along due to his Louisiana connections.

Either way Sterlin Gilbert is very well respected OC, he'll do great at Cuse.

That's true, we could've upgraded quite a bit this offseason if we had a more aggressive approach to coaching.

But nah, no ulterior motive behind the posts, just like posting & updating on Coaching hires over the season because I keep up with all the different moves teams are making. If yall have ever wondered how I know so much about all these random coaches it's because I pay attention to it every year lol.

I was going to start a separate thread, but decided not to because this one was already made.

By looking at some of your latest posts me and you both keep up with football news year round through some of the same outlets. I also listen to several podcasts daily for football information In general, along with Cane specific content.

Advertisement
Back