Odell Beckham

Advertisement

How do you guys think Odell would've turned out had he came here.

Out of Louisiana, Miami could have had:
Marshal Faulk
Ed Reed
Reggie Wayne
Odell Beckham Jr.

We got 2 HOFers, but IMAGINE a Miami recruiter walking into a Louisiana home and saying,
"Look what leaving The Boot and coming to The U did with these 4 guys."
That'd be a helluva sales pitch.
Imagine that pipeline.

A fan can dream.
:xvfmlqq:

Advertisement
The data which shows our players have been significantly undervalued in the draft is plenty sufficient, both by their production and the value of their second contracts.

Secondly our leading receiver that same year, Allen Hurns, had 1100 yards (identical to Beckham) and went undrafted entirely.

We had two real players drafted that year, Linder (3rd) and Henderson (7th). I'm ignoring our 6th round punter.

Linder went on to sign a $50mm contract with nearly $20mm guaranteed. By that measurement, he outperformed most lineman drafted ahead of him.

It is also perhaps the most lightly attended Pro-days UM had ever had. In fact, it truly marked the beginning of the end for Golden.

The likelihood that any player on um roster with first-round talent may have fallen is significantly real.

So I'm sure he would have had the opportunity to showcase himself well in our strong bowl game showing against Louisville (we lost by 33 points, FYI).

So questionable? maybe, But "wrong"? No.

This entire response is as incorrect as your original post.

Advertisement
Out of Louisiana, Miami could have had:
Marshal Faulk
Ed Reed
Reggie Wayne
Odell Beckham Jr.

We got 2 HOFers, but IMAGINE a Miami recruiter walking into a Louisiana home and saying,
"Look what leaving The Boot and coming to The U did with these 4 guys."
That'd be a helluva sales pitch.
Imagine that pipeline.

A fan can dream.
:xvfmlqq:
I think we wanted Faulk for DB.

Advertisement
Back