Odell Beckham

Advertisement
First year he would have averaged 17 yards a catch but we would have gone entire games not throwing him the ball. We would have all started calling him the best receiver in the country.

Second year he would have tweaked a hammy in spring ball and then the receivers coach would have passive aggressively called him weak in a press conference for not blocking well enough. 17 catches for 236 yards. Half the board starts calling him a bust, the sane half says he was hurt and it is too early to judge.

Third year he would have overcome an early season case of the dropsies to ball out against FSU in a losing effort. Half the board says he got robbed from All America status because there is an Anti-Miami bias.

Shady agent would have convinced him he was a first round pick right now though. Drafted in the 5th round, makes All Rookie team. Interviewed in mini-camp and it comes out our coach was trying to get him to put on 15 pounds.

LSU wasted some serious offensive talent. Sounds familiar. Although we didn’t have two pro bowl receivers with a solid nfl backup at QB. Jeremy hill was good too

Advertisement

The data which shows our players have been significantly undervalued in the draft is plenty sufficient, both by their production and the value of their second contracts.

Secondly our leading receiver that same year, Allen Hurns, had 1100 yards (identical to Beckham) and went undrafted entirely.

We had two real players drafted that year, Linder (3rd) and Henderson (7th). I'm ignoring our 6th round punter.

Linder went on to sign a $50mm contract with nearly $20mm guaranteed. By that measurement, he outperformed most lineman drafted ahead of him.

It is also perhaps the most lightly attended Pro-days UM had ever had. In fact, it truly marked the beginning of the end for Golden.

The likelihood that any player on um roster with first-round talent may have fallen is significantly real.

So I'm sure he would have had the opportunity to showcase himself well in our strong bowl game showing against Louisville (we lost by 33 points, FYI).

So questionable? maybe, But "wrong"? No.

Advertisement
The data which shows our players have been significantly undervalued in the draft is plenty sufficient, both by their production and the value of their second contracts.

Secondly our leading receiver that same year, Allen Hurns, had 1100 yards (identical to Beckham) and went undrafted entirely.

We had two real players drafted that year, Linder (3rd) and Henderson (7th). I'm ignoring our 6th round punter.

Linder went on to sign a $50mm contract with nearly $20mm guaranteed. By that measurement, he outperformed most lineman drafted ahead of him.

It is also perhaps the most lightly attended Pro-days UM had ever had. In fact, it truly marked the beginning of the end for Golden.

The likelihood that any player on um roster with first-round talent may have fallen is significantly real.

So I'm sure he would have had the opportunity to showcase himself well in our strong bowl game showing against Louisville (we lost by 33 points, FYI).

So questionable? maybe, But "wrong"? No.

Wrong

Advertisement
He would be in the NFL if he went to Alaskan Goat College for the Hearing Impaired.
So, I was in Alaska back in college. Played a two game set up there against UAA, which has nothing on the AGC, and the goats up there are insane. They friggin’ stand on sheer cliffs and bounce around, eat and frolic. The mountains shoot straight up out of fiords and the goats live on the side of them.

LSU wasted some serious offensive talent. Sounds familiar. Although we didn’t have two pro bowl receivers with a solid nfl backup at QB. Jeremy hill was good too
Hopefully you don’t really think we’ve had the same talent as LSU on a yearly basis since 04...on either side of the ball

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back