Odds that Darion Owens starts over Pinckney

Trescerocinco

Retired staff
Premium
What are the chances that DO stays running with the first team over MP at the start of the season

Advertisement
It doesn't really matter who is listed as the starter.. If you're asking what are his chances of playing more snaps than Pinckney, I'd put it at around 0%, withstanding injury. Depth is a good thing though.

DO will start the first game (Pinckney suspended 1st half).

Last edited:
I don't know about odds, but the re-emergence of Darien Owens is huge for our LB rotation. He was having a great spring and fall camp prior to his injury 2 years ago. I am happy for the young man!

Advertisement
It doesn't really matter who is listed as the starter.. If you're asking what are his chances of playing more snaps than Pinckney, I'd put it at around 0%, withstanding injury. Depth is a good thing though.

Completely forgot about this. Owens getting snaps is preparing him for that first game and being used highly within the LB Rotation

100% at the start of the season considering Pinckney is suspended for the 1st half of the Bethune-Cookman game due to his targeting against WVU in the bowl game...

The fact we have real competition at LB is one of the best things that can happen to this team. I hope Owens gets back to true form and he and Pinckney battle it out all season. Will make them both better.

i should have worded this thread better i meant through out the season who see's more playing time i feel like pinckney is the headier more instinctive player but DO is physically more gifted.

Advertisement
No chance, but the fact that DO is progressing and playing well is extremely encouraging. We were lucky last year that our 3 lb's were able to stay mostly healthy the whole year, but, unfortunately, that's not likely to happen again. Seems like Smith and DO can play and if Gordinier heals to 100 percent, we have 3 competent backups.

I wouldn't doubt it at all considering Pickney didn't take the off season serious. He looks out of shape. DO is a stud in his own right

I wouldn't doubt it at all considering Pickney didn't take the off season serious. He looks out of shape. DO is a stud in his own right

Did he miss workouts......what didn't he take serious. He's a big talent. It'd be horrible if he doesn't take the offseason more seriously.

We'll have issues if DO startin....he's not the talent he was potentially gona be. Watch him close in a game and youll end up throwing ur remote a few times after he completely whiffs a tackle due to poor angle/pursuit.

Advertisement

oh yeah you right from the bowl game,targeting

The odds r a hundred percent cuz Pinckney got targeting in the Second half of the bowl game. He can't play in the first half of the first game

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back