OC question

Advertisement
Absolutely not.
Richt wanted to take that on.
It’s what Richt wants to do.
He wants to be the OC

Last edited:
Advertisement
We're saving money to pay Searels and Richt Jr?

The OL and QBs could coach themselves ad we'd look about the same.

**** that response hurts. You make it sound like our players live in a tree house sharing bread with the birds. Smh.

Save money by making Jon our QB coach. ... Then will somebody please give Richt a refund for that IPF donation so he can hire ANYBODY else who can also call 21st century plays.

Last edited:
Do we not have one as to save money to pay the other coaches? Are we being that cheap?

Sorry. UM is JUST that cheap.

They've always been cheap.

They just got lucky after Schnellenberg with Jimmy - who left UM for more money and less BS, got lucky with Erickson who got fired, really got lucky with Butch Davis who likewise left because they got cheap on his contract - took the cheap and easy way out with Clappy - then really got cheap-cheap with Radar, then Golden, and then lazy by hiring a fired coach.

Yeah, they're cheap. And lazy. And don't really give a ****, from what I can see.

Advertisement
Save money by making Jon our QB coach. ... Then will somebody please give Richt a refund for that IPF donation so he can hire ANYBODY else who can also call 21st century plays.

He won’t give up play calling. Which is why he needs another football brain in the room. Preferably one with nfl experience coaching QBs and is living across town and would likely jump on a QB-OC coach gig like Coley had at FSU as we debate this.

He won’t give up play calling. Which is why he needs another football brain in the room. Preferably one with nfl experience coaching QBs and is living across town and would likely jump on a QB-OC coach gig like Coley had at FSU as we debate this.

100% agree. I just can't believe there is even a sliver of the smallest chance in **** he'd actually move Jon to an off field position. And because we're at our on field coach limit, somebody would have to go. Jon makes the most sense. I hope Richt proves me wrong because that's really the only way we're going to get an OC.

He won’t give up play calling. Which is why he needs another football brain in the room.

Unfortunately, it isn't enough. He needs to distance himself from the offense. He needs to stop playing OC, fire his dipchit offspring and bring in a real competent OC. Let that OC pick his staff, especially the QB coach.

Advertisement
We have an OC and he's being paid like one. He just doesn't call the plays.
RB coach is "OC, game day O planner" according to the teams official info. I know Richt wants to be the play caller and I'm okay with that if he brought someone in who could come up with the game day plan he just has to call it. Like hire a real QB coach and give him that responsibility. Like Dorsey game day planner and QB coach?

RB coach is "OC, game day O planner" according to the teams official info. I know Richt wants to be the play caller and I'm okay with that if he brought someone in who could come up with the game day plan he just has to call it. Like hire a real QB coach and give him that responsibility. Like Dorsey game day planner and QB coach?

That's the problem. The only guys you're going to get to fill the role that Brown has are guys like Brown. No one with a proven track record of calling plays is coming here to gameplan and coach QBs and let Richt call the shots on Saturday. So it's either Richt's show, or he will totally step aside. Ken Dorsey coached QBs in the NFL for 5 seasons. I seriously, seriously doubt he's coming to Miami to gameplan for Richt. That's not the normal career progression.

And what I said above wasn't a shot at Brown...I think he's a fine all-around coach. It's just that's the resume you're getting to fill that spot...a guy who has never called plays before. No one who has at any significant program/team is going to come here to watch Richt do it on Saturday.

Advertisement

Exactly what I have been calling for and even tweeting Richt about even though he will never read the tweets or laugh at them.

We knew from day one that this staff was woefully lacking in offensive experience. This team is functioning w/o a legitimate OC. Nothing is going to change until that is addressed. There was a reason UGA pushed Richt out. We all see what that reason was. Despite all that I gave the hire a chance. Do not expect anything more than 9-10 wins with this guy.

Just because a Person has been doing something their entire life and make a good living doesn’t mean they’re good at it. I thought cmr was a great hire.
I’ve always trusted someone with experience in something I know nothing about but this has changed my way of thinking.
I’ve always said that never underestimate the ability of a genius to make a completely irrational decision and for a complete moron to come up with a brilliantly simple solution to a complex problem.
And all of the morons on hear had it right.
The simple solution was to never let golden see the 2015 season and take time evaluating the top talent. Instead we wait till the last minute at the worst possible time to hire cause nsd was around the corner and we needed a big name to salvage it.
I would’ve expected cmr to be above all the bs and pride. I still have a sliver of hope that their maybe something to the OC situation that we may not know yet like money or someone that the school doesn’t want to buy out yet. It’s actually the more logical answer than to say cmr forgot football.
Don’t know what “conditions” cmr had when he was hired or if he parlayed his salary into “don’t worry I can save you money cause I can call plays”.
I actually wonder how many on the schools board actually watch football or care about the program.
But we’ve seen other teams spiral out of control for similar situations.
So forget play calling for now. This is where the 4 mill or whatever it is will be earned. Can cmr steer out if this **** storm that we think the team is in because we read some cryptic tweets. Or can he prevent one from happening at all and win out.

Advertisement
Back