OC Jedd Fisch rumored to NFL

CANE

The Champ
Miami offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch could return to the NFL ranks next season according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

"Sources say the Bears are targeting a passing-game coach, and are considering two of Cutler's favorite coaches from his days in Denver, Jedd Fisch and Jeremy Bates."

Good news for us is that Bates, who is the assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach at usc, was the OC while cutler was at denver and may give him the lead over Fisch.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would think Fisch would want an NFL OC job or stay here. Also depend on the money, but on the surface, I think he stays.

It would be nice for a little continuity. Jacory had nix, whipple, and jedster. It'd be nice if stevie wonder morris didn't hit the trifecta next year

Advertisement
First off, the Bears are ******* stupid for a having a passing game OC. How about just a well rounded ******* offensive coordinator? ******* idiots always half-assing things. But I digress.

/angry Bears fan

I don't see Fisch leaving this job after only one year. Too much to prove to get him the NFL OC job that I'm sure he's looking for. I say he stays for at least two more years.

First off, the Bears are ******* stupid for a having a passing game OC. How about just a well rounded ******* offensive coordinator? ******* idiots always half-assing things. But I digress.

/angry Bears fan

I don't see Fisch leaving this job after only one year. Too much to prove to get him the NFL OC job that I'm sure he's looking for. I say he stays for at least two more years.

LOL @ Passing game coordinator. Who gets the final call? Will his job simply be play design? That sounds like something a government entity would do to solve a problem.

NFL teams being interested in him is far different than him being rumored to be interested in the NFL, which has not been reported yet. Also, I agree with the others in that it seems like it would be almost a step back if he were to take a lower-level assistant job in the NFL when he could potentially get a gig as an OC in a few years with success here.

Advertisement
Bears fan here too...Bears still don't have a GM, this whole staff may not be long for Chi-town if a new GM comes in and wants to clean house.

/angry Bears fan

NFL teams being interested in him is far different than him being rumored to be interested in the NFL, which has not been reported yet. Also, I agree with the others in that it seems like it would be almost a step back if he were to take a lower-level assistant job in the NFL when he could potentially get a gig as an OC in a few years with success here.

Mike Martz is gone so maybe the OC position is up for grabs. That's a big enticement IMO

Mike Tice was just named OC and run game CO, they are looking for an assistant to be passing game CO

Mike Martz is gone so maybe the OC position is up for grabs. That's a big enticement IMO

Mike Tice was just named OC and run game CO, they are looking for an assistant to be passing game CO

Oh..I did not know that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back