OC Candidates

Appreciate it.

And yeah there's lots of names that have been floated out that make me wince...

Pretty much anybody who's not a Spread guy (like Matt Canada or Whipple or some sh*t lol) & Major fckin Applewhite.

Applesauce is a horrendous play caller & is one of the dumbest OC's in the business, yes he's a Spread guy, but he's a total moron. Anybody mentioning Applewhite has no idea what they'd be in for if we fcked up & hired him.

Also, Tim Beck is a name I would hesitate to bring in, he got canned at Texas under Tom Herman for having too basic of a Spread offense. Their offense was good, that's not why they went 7-5 this year, but he's a very simplistic play caller, no creativity at all, just bland & conservative, even for a Spread guy.
No more fired guys. At least grab a guy on the rise who is fielding top 10 offenses at whatever level he’s at.

Advertisement
I thought Enos was an uninspiring OC choice. I thought Diaz went for the splash hire of getting someone from the Bama tree, but he didn’t match any of the adjectives Diaz used in hyping the hire.

I don’t trust Diaz to cast a wide enough net to make a good OC hire. I’m also not sure of his budget, if they’re still paying Enos.

I think Applewhite will check the boxes of being a former HC, being spread, and being someone who needs an upgrade to their current position. I also don’t think Applewhite will be very expensive.

just trying to manage expectations.
Applesauce would be tragic, he's literally one of the worst play callers in the business.

There's a reason why Kendal Briles still gets higher profile jobs as an OC over him, within the the coaching industry it's well known that Applewhite just road Herman & Briles coattail.

Yes we want/need a Spread guy, but not just any Spread coach, there are some Spread OC's who are absolutely terrible & Applesauce is at the top of that list.

Going to be near impossible to convince any guy in demand to come here under a coach who could be fired next year. We’re probably relegated to a group of very green coordinators and has-beens.

Advertisement
Applesauce would be tragic, he's literally one of the worst play callers in the business.

There's a reason why Kendal Briles still gets higher profile jobs as an OC over him, within the the coaching industry it's well known that Applewhite just road Herman & Briles coattail.

Yes we want/need a Spread guy, but not just any Spread coach, there are some Spread OC's who are absolutely terrible & Applesauce is at the top of that list.

That does it. Manny is hiring Applesauce. Prepare yourself

Advertisement
Really. So, what reputable OC would want to inherit the lame-duck coaches we currently have on our offensive staff?
Oh, I'm not saying we should keep anyone from the current offensive staff, just saying that letting the OC entirely pick his own staff can lead to trouble. Enos picked his buddies (just like Diaz on defense!), rather than trying to find the best coaches possible.

2 other names to keep an eye on: Rob Sale at Louisiana and Ken Dorsey
Rob Sale I like a lot, Dorsey... I hope not.

Sale has done a phenomenal job with Cajuns offense & I like the fact he was a McNeese St, a lot of people don't know about them but they've had some really good offensive minds come through that program as coaches. Their current HC is Sterling Gilbert who was an innovative HS Texas coach that discovered & brought to Houston by Art Briles, then Dino Babers hired him at Eastern Illinois & brought him with him to Bowling Green, he was also Charlie Strong's OC at Texas & USF, real good Offensive coach.

Dorsey I love him, True Cane, but when you hire guys like him on the coaching staff it becomes impossible to ever be objective about their performance because too many people just remember them as players & give'em too much leeway. The problem with hiring former Cane legends as a Coaches is you can never fire them if they don't get the job done, you just have to hope they get a better opportunity elsewhere lol.

He's done a great job during his stints at Carolina & Buffalo, but I'm just skeptical how he would do as a College OC, nothing against him personally though. But I would expect him to be a top candidate if Highsmith does get brought in to oversee football or as the AD.

Advertisement
Just bring in art briles. Simple fix
"Hid
Klint Kubiak is good up coming coach, I think he has NFL OC aspirations, I don't see him coming to college, but he's a smart young guy who's basically gonna he be the second version of Kyle Shanahan.

The Shanahan/Kubiak West Coast Offense is perfect for the NFL if you have a stout OL & great run game, I think it would work in college at places like Bama, LSU, UGA, Utah, Wisconsin etc where they have great NFL caliber OLineman, but at Miami it would be potential disaster with our personnel lol.

But ****, the one NFL guy I would love to hire here if he was interested is James Urban with my Ravens. He's a long time Andy Reid disciple & the current QB's coach for Lamar Jackson & was QB's coach for Michael Vick in that 2010 season when he lit the league on fire.
I'd kind of like to keep the Ravens as is thank you very much. Miami has ****ed itself up plenty, if they dip into my football safe space and negatively impact the Ravens too, I think I might just snap.

Bleymaier is genius. I can’t believe you just threw that name out there. Make a run at him. I think he would jump at the chance to call plays. Eventually he’s gonna have to come out from behind the curtain if he wants to make it big. The worst thing he can do is tell you no.
Facts! People don't know about Bleymaier, but he's the true architect behind that Chiefs lethal Passsing Offense.

I would definitely offer him $1.5- 2mill if he was interested in coming down here, but he's basically Andy Reid's OC in waiting for when Eric Bieniemy gets a HC job.

Advertisement
Facts! People don't know about Bleymaier, but he's the true architect behind that Chiefs lethal Passsing Offense.

I would definitely offer him $1.5- 2mill if he was interested in coming down here, but he's basically Andy Reid's OC in waiting for when Eric Bieniemy gets a HC job.

Bieniemy will get a shot soon. That’s the reason I believe he would come here. And I’m sure Andy would love for him to get experience as a play caller, before hiring him back as OC. Email Manny 😂

"Hid

I'd kind of like to keep the Ravens as is thank you very much. Miami has ****ed itself up plenty, if they dip into my football safe space and negatively impact the Ravens too, I think I might just snap.
Lol! Same here... But you know the league is about to raid our coaching staff with this magical season Harbaugh & crew has put together. Everybody's gonna be after Greg Roman.

Another guy who's going to get some looks as a DC is our LB's coach Mike MacDonald, who's actually from Georgia & got his first coaching job as a GA for Richt at UGA lol.

Rob Sale I like a lot, Dorsey... I hope not.

Sale has done a phenomenal job with Cajuns offense & I like the fact he was a McNeese St, a lot of people don't know about them but they've had some really good offensive minds come through that program as coaches. Their current HC is Sterling Gilbert who was an innovative HS Texas coach that discovered & brought to Houston by Art Briles, then Dino Babers hired him at Eastern Illinois & brought him with him to Bowling Green, he was also Charlie Strong's OC at Texas & USF, real good Offensive coach.

Dorsey I love him, True Cane, but when you hire guys like him on the coaching staff it becomes impossible to ever be objective about their performance because too many people just remember them as players & give'em too much leeway. The problem with hiring former Cane legends as a Coaches is you can never fire them if they don't get the job done, you just have to hope they get a better opportunity elsewhere lol.

He's done a great job during his stints at Carolina & Buffalo, but I'm just skeptical how he would do as a College OC, nothing against him personally though. But I would expect him to be a top candidate if Highsmith does get brought in to oversee football or as the AD.
I get what you're saying about Dorsey, but look at his much better the QB has played under his coaching as to when he wasnt around. Sale would be my guy if we arent able to lure brady and then I'd put yost between 3-5

We should offer bienemy that shot as a HC

Advertisement
Back