OC Candidates

Advertisement
This job is going to be a tough sell. We have a head coach and AD on the hot seat, a QB room full of guys who just quit on the previous OC, and receivers who apparently can’t learn a playbook. It is going to take someone very sure of themselves, or is desperate.

This job is going to be a tough sell. We have a head coach and AD on the hot seat, a QB room full of guys who just quit on the previous OC, and receivers who apparently can’t learn a playbook. It is going to take someone very sure of themselves, or is desperate.
You wave big checks at a G5 guy making $150K, and the sell will be incredibly easy.

Advertisement

This hire will most likely make or break Manny's job and possibly Blake's. If Blake were smart, and looking for self preservation, he would hire AH to take over the football side of things. Having AH would probably lure a quality OC, and a quality OC, will probably save Manny's job for time being. Blake will look like a savior, give his boy a lifeline, and if things don't work he can always deflect responsibility.

Only this move will tame the rabid fan base, take heat off Blake, renew interest in ticket sales, and take a significant step to bring program to respectability. It just makes too much sense.

Lmao @ their fan base reaction to Gleeson leaving.

Reminds me of when people outside of Miami wondered why they’d let a big recruiter like Coley walk.

Advertisement

Right up his alley

He is used to dealing with children, he can offer our QB'S when they act up.

Go Canes

Last edited:
How do you like the hire? I think his offense is a little too simplistic and that could be a double edge sword. It will allow our athletes to play faster but that may catch up to us when we play teams with similar talent like FSU and VT.
He was among my top 2 OC's in the OP on page 1.

I think he'll do good here, we'll be running an uptempo offense of Air Raid passing concepts with Spread rushing attack.

Everybody will harp on his time at Auburn but he didn't call plays at Auburn, the offense he'll be running here is what he ran at SMU last year that lead them to their first 10 win season since 1984.

We're finally going to run a Modern Spread offense for the first time & I'm excited to see what he can do with our talent.

Advertisement

I think he'll do good here, we'll be running an uptempo offense of Air Raid passing concepts with Spread rushing attack.

Everybody will harp on his time at Auburn but he didn't call plays at Auburn, the offense he'll be running here is what he ran at SMU last year that lead them to their first 10 win season since 1984.

We're finally going to run a Modern Spread offense for the first time & I'm excited to see what he can do with our talent.

Where did he learn the Air Raid from? Gus at Auburn is not an Air Raid OC, he's more option/spread. SMU put up huge passing #'s tho....

Wow. The lone reasonable voice under the South Florida sun. Now that's fresh. When a lot of Cane fans are suspect of the hire. Go figure.

I think Pope, if hes here, is gonna explode next year.

Martell might also surprise people too. Might even start we'll see. Thanks for the input.

Advertisement
I think Pope, if hes here, is gonna explode next year.

Martell might also surprise people too. Might even start we'll see. Thanks for the input.

Your boy Tate is highly OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing more, nothing less. AGAIN! Tater's had the ENTIRE year of 2019 to win the starting job, but ended up THIRD-STRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you dig that!

Advertisement
Back