OC Candidates

Advertisement
Mark helfrich let go as the bears oc(he didn’t call plays so we can go off what he did at oregon). We 100% should go after him and he did visit the staff when richt was here for a practice in the spring time before too. I would 100% be on board with him bringing that Oregon tempo he had

UNC fans. Apparently he is a terrible recruiter and hates recruiting.

Let’s be real... my experience in the business... nobody LIKES recruiting. But it’s part of winning. Either you’re motivated to do your job the best and be the best or you’re not.

If you choose not to recruit or don’t care about recruiting and you’re not able to fake it and bring guys in... you’re not committed to winning a championship. Shouldn’t be in consideration for a job if you can commit yourself to doing everything the job entails. Recruiting well makes your REAL job (the job some guys think is their only job in cfb) easier on Saturdays.

Give me Mark Helfrich. Oregon averaged 45 pts/gm in his 4 years as OC. They scored 40 or more points in 39 of 53 games (73.5%), 50 or more 18 times and 60 or more 7 times.

Edit: Although technically, Chip Kelly called the plays on game day.

Last edited:
Give me Mark Helfrich. Oregon averaged 45 pts/gm in his 4 years as OC. They scored 40 or more points in 39 of 53 games (73.5%), 50 or more 18 times and 60 or more 7 times.

Edit: Although technically, Chip Kelly called the plays on game day.

Give me Hiestand too the fired OL coach from Chicago. Formerly of ND

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
As far as resume goes, he’s at the top of the feasible guys imo. I’d like him if he’s surrounded by assistants like a Trooper. Not necessarily him but guys known for recruiting.

Last edited:
Is this necessarily true? Our defence has been stellar over the last 3 years and that hasn’t really related to top recruits flocking to us.:.
Just look at how bad our offense was this year, yet we still managed to sign two 4-star RB's one being top 5 in the nation, two 4-star WR's & a 4-star QB.

In the 2018 class we signed a 5-star RB, a 4-star RB, a 5-star TE, a 4-star TE, four 4-star WR's & a 4-star QB.

Now obviously, most of those kids haven't worked out & at least 3-4 of them have transferred, but recruiting offensive talent hasn't been an issue for Miami, in fact the large part of why we had a 51% Blue chip ratio coming into this season was because of all the talent we had on Offense.

Our issue offensively isn't accumulation of talent, it's scheme & development. Find an OC that actually knows what to do with all these players & things would look drastically different on offense, which would increase recruiting because kids would have something to believe in.

Advertisement
Have to at least kick the tires on joe Brady, shoot your shot

I have zero confidence in us having people competent enough to make that deal....but if they don't at least make him say no they are even more incompetent than originally anticipated.

Advertisement
Back