Observations from Under Armour Camp 2024 (Miami)

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
For me, the 2025 cycle truly begins during camp season. It’s the best opportunity to stack up the local players physically and get a feel for their competitive demeanor. With everyone in one place, it’s easy to spot which position groups are loaded and which are lacking. This year, the DBs are strong but the region is thin elsewhere. South Florida is in a bit of a rut. Luckily, there are some standouts firmly on Miami’s radar and some more who will be emerging soon.

- Nobody opened more...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Advertisement
CB Gregory “Zae” Thomas (American Heritage) is as big as any CB I’ve ever seen at this level. He is tall and heavy. While he’s not the bendiest mover, he does a nice job finishing the play with strong hands. Several times he got beat initially but ended up snatching the ball away from the receiver.

@DMoney Do you think he stays at CB or eventually makes a move to S at the next level?

Advertisement
Want hanks in this class badly, probably more than any db other than dj

CB Gregory “Zae” Thomas (American Heritage) is as big as any CB I’ve ever seen at this level. He is tall and heavy. While he’s not the bendiest mover, he does a nice job finishing the play with strong hands. Several times he got beat initially but ended up snatching the ball away from the receiver.

@DMoney Do you think he stays at CB or eventually makes a move to S at the next level?
Was talking about this with David Lake. Not sure. He may have enough polish and IQ to hang at corner in college.

Was talking about this with David Lake. Not sure. He may have enough polish and IQ to hang at corner in college.
Sounds like he's best suited to be a S that can double as a corner when needed. We need to keep him away from FSU.

Advertisement
Perfect South Florida class for Mario to have his hooks in for 3 years now. I kid. It Does stink that this is the South Florida crop that Mario has built relationships with. Weak at QB, RB, WR, TE, OL, DE, maybe ok at DT, LB, really only strength is DB. One of those is a Gator legacy and other is a FSU lean.

The good thing is Mario is a national recruiter.

If Boucard was playing hockey at a high level in HS, he definitely learned lateral burst and quickness early. Best sport by far IMO to train that into a kid. Hope he stays fit. He's up to 300 already, was

There's another pretty good writeup by the PBP. @DMoney , Simeon not at a Miami level? I know his 40 time looks slow but he was running away from kids on his HUDL and I loved the fact he wasn't afraid to crash inside when he saw a hole. What do you think of Watkins and Boggs?

If Boucard was playing hockey at a high level in HS, he definitely learned lateral burst and quickness early. Best sport by far IMO to train that into a kid. Hope he stays fit. He's up to 300 already, was

There's another pretty good writeup by the PBP. @DMoney , Simeon not at a Miami level? I know his 40 time looks slow but he was running away from kids on his HUDL and I loved the fact he wasn't afraid to crash inside when he saw a hole. What do you think of Watkins and Boggs?

This was him 50lbs lighter last year at 250lbs.

Go Canes

For me, the 2025 cycle truly begins during camp season. It’s the best opportunity to stack up the local players physically and get a feel for their competitive demeanor. With everyone in one place, it’s easy to spot which position groups are loaded and which are lacking. This year, the DBs are strong but the region is thin elsewhere. South Florida is in a bit of a rut. Luckily, there are some standouts firmly on Miami’s radar and some more who will be emerging soon.

- Nobody opened more eyes than DT Floyd Boucard (Miami Central). We started tweeting about him when he was just running through movement drills, and he went on to dominate one-on-ones and win MVP. He won every rep with lateral quicks and has a stout frame. Originally an ice hockey player from Canada, he played the last couple years in Mobile, AL and just transferred to Central. He was by far the quickest and best DT on the day.

- Cortez Mills (Homestead) was the best WR out there and is a blue-chipper in any class. He looked like a legit 6’1 and uses his oversized hands to easily pluck the ball. His route-running was smooth and he showed the ability to highpoint over defenders in the rare event when he didn’t have separation. He's a big-time Miami target.

- WR Josh Moore (West Broward) wasn’t far behind Mills. He doesn’t separate as easily, but his catch radius is even larger and he has a strong body. One time, he beat the DB on an in-breaking route, ran through the end zone and effortlessly hurdled a nearby fence. Miami likes him more than the recruiting sites and I can see why.

- CB Ben Hanks (Booker T) was the top cover corner to my eyes. He’s very skinny, but long, patient and always in phase. There were several times where he reached out and plucked the ball as if he were running the route for the WR. He's a priority at CB.

- DT Randy Adirika (Central) has a pretty simple moveset but won his reps with his length and strength. I like his serious demeanor. DT Myron Charles (Port Charlotte) is more of a gamer than a tester. His body type and athleticism looked average in drills, but he had no problem beating his man. On the flip side, nobody looks better on the hoof than identical twin EDGEs Mandrell and Darryll Desir (Norland). I thought Mandrell was the more impressive of the two. Both should be easy P5 players despite some tightness issues.

- The DB group was the most impressive of the day. CB Chris Ewald (Chaminade) is bigger than I thought and carries more weight than Hanks. His length causes problems at the catch point. CB Gregory “Zae” Thomas (American Heritage) is as big as any CB I’ve ever seen at this level. He is tall and heavy. While he’s not the bendiest mover, he does a nice job finishing the play with strong hands. Several times he got beat initially but ended up snatching the ball away from the receiver. S Amari Wallace (Central) lined up in the nickel and moved like a corner. He puts up Kam Kinchens-type ball production in high school but has added value in man coverage. S Bryce Fitzgerald oozes athleticism even in a setting that doesn’t favor his game. CB Tae Harris (Cedartown, GA) has a well put-together frame and ripped off a 4.38 40.

- The offensive line group looked pretty average. One name that jumped out with his athleticism- Monarch OT Bryan Auguste. His movement skills popped in person, and when I went home and watched his HUDL it looked even better. Kentucky has offered.

- The 2026 LB group impressed me with their length and acceleration. Miami commit Jordan Campbell (Carol City), Demetris Mincey, Jr. (Dillard) and group MVP Adam Alogouin-Al (Benjamin) all had impressive moments, even if they were occasionally raw in coverage. Ezekiel Marcelin (Central) is the top 2025 kid. He started slow but began to find his timing late and broke up several passes. His pure LB game is more suited for Friday nights.

- Some 2026 kids that caught our attention with their physical traits- Chaminade RB/ATH Derek Cooper and Northwestern WR Calvin Russell. My favorite QB was 2026 prospect Dia Bell (American Heritage), son of longtime NBA player Raja Bell. He makes everything look smooth and easy and the ball jumped off his hands during one-on-ones.

We have a ton of interviews and recruiting scoop from the camp on the way, so stay locked on CanesInSight.
How do you feel about 2025 ath Jahmari Smith he was wearing number 4 played both wr and db

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back