Observations from a non-insider game attendee

Seems like Miami is a perfect fit for Coley IMO.

He has always been a different type of kid. Like you mentioned, just kinda on his own, doing his own thing. Part of the reason his recruitment has been such a mystery is he really didn't care too much about it for a while.

A smaller school with a strong support system seems like a perfect spot for him.

Great post though, thanks for sharing.

I read the kid doesnt even have a twitter. Hes the opposite of laqueefa bryant, no sunshine n a str8 balla.

Advertisement

He has always been a different type of kid. Like you mentioned, just kinda on his own, doing his own thing. Part of the reason his recruitment has been such a mystery is he really didn't care too much about it for a while.

A smaller school with a strong support system seems like a perfect spot for him.

Great points.

I'm lso not that worried about Coach D not being that involved with recruits. He needs to be in the lab with a pen and a pad fixing his defense.

Great points.

I'm lso not that worried about Coach D not being that involved with recruits. He needs to be in the lab with a pen and a pad fixing his defense.

Dont think thats his strong point either. At the moment look like he is just an extension of Golden, a form of nepotism if you will. sigh

Great points.

Coach D was at the airport to see Carter off wasn't he?

I think Golden might feel the same way we do.

Advertisement
I totally agree with all your observations from last nights game.

All of the coaches were doing work last night...Golden was constantly moving around.

Also, you're right about Coach D. He just stayed in the tunnel the entire game with his kids. It might not mean anything, but it just seemed strange when compared to how Golden and Cristobal and the rest were all over the place.

Chick has looked like he's ready to bust some heads for awhile now. Just need him to actually start doing it.

Advertisement
sounds like you stalked the **** outta those kids! and i love it!

Lol they're on "recruiting visits"... They're there to be shown some love.

Yesterday when I would walk by Duke, Chickillo, etc. I wouldn't say a word. But if I saw a recruit I was all about the "We need you here, stay home" etc.

People overstated the "clique" stuff with the Northwestern guys. The problem with them wasn't that they were a clique. The problem was that due to their status in recruiting, they were visible and essentially were pseudo-leaders when they stepped on campus. By the time they were Juniors, there were freshmen looking at them as leaders, and they wasn't doing nothing that showed leadership. Ben Jones and Marcus Forston were fat and out of shape. Aldarius Johnson didn't give a **** about football. Jacory was more interested in being a comedian and the others didn't/hadn't panned out.

The difference with the most recent infusion of talent, that is "clique'd" up. is that they are NOTORIOUS for their work ethic, and for being outstanding leaders. Bush, Tracy, Malcolm, Duke, Herb, and the like, are all guys who all have one focus, which is to become better football players. I'm almost positive that without them even saying much, it rubs off on other players. Guys gotta know that doing what Bush and Duke did as freshmen wasn't no accident. Them dudes put the time in and reap the rewards. There's no better portrait of what Al Golden is preaching to these guys than that clique and when their years as upperclassmen come, the young guys will follow that.

Advertisement
Back