Observations from a non-insider game attendee

caneaddict

Senior
IMG_0298.jpgIMG_0304.jpg

Sat in sec 113 next to where recruits and team were sitting:

- First and foremost as mentioned already, Alex Collins is a wrap. Saw him hanging with Duke and his GF(??) and having a great time. Saw him grab Terry Richardson in the hallway and pick him up playing. Saw him meet Edge and look like my 3 year old seeing santa. Good kid, deserves all the success he has coming.

- Stacy Coley was there with Donnell Bennett. Introverted kid, had a wind breaker with hood on at first, then Brennan Carroll sat with him for a while, he was between Coley and Grace. Then Al Golden came to the section with #6 and an entourage of people including Hurley Brown, Matthew Thomas, Mal Lewis' dad and I believe #6 family. Golden sat next to Coley and pulled the hood off his head, lol, and started getting Coley to open up and get comfortable. FYI, Donnell Bennett likes to eat since leaving the U. Cristobal was hanging with him for a long while.

- I noticed that Coley doesnt seem to have much of a relationship with any existing players, kind of a loner or just doesnt have one. Grace also was kind of on his own. Collins looked like he's already on the team

- Matthew Thomas is an impressive kid, He will play asap whereever he goes. Just a big athletic kid, I dont think his weight is an issue. Also not a limelight kid, so it may come across as disintetrest or that he's not feeling it, but I think this kids all bizness and that makes him hard to read, and eventually will lead to tremendous success for him.

- Duke Johnson is a just a special individual. His people skills matches his talent on the field. All that needs to be said.

- Phillip Dorsett looks like he's 12

- Chick looks ready to bust some heads this year, big kid.

- Denzell and Kirby were hanging together. Both look in great shape and Denzell is gonna kill someone this year,

- There seems to be 2 factions on the team between the upperclassmen and the young pups. Dont know if this is standard in most programs (and didnt come across as necessarily a bad thing) but they were sitting separate, and after the game in the hallway all together hanging were: Duke, Tracy, Malcolm, Dobard, Matthew Thomas, Alex Collins, Dallas Crawford, Dorsett, Waters etc... The future is bright and unified.

- D'Onofrio came by with his kids. Seemed like the coach least engaged in the recruiting dynamic of what was going on in that section, the other coaches were working it much harder. Im not one of these fire D'O guys, just an observation.

- Hurley Browns working it. Looks like he's doing good things

- I really think we may have turned Coley last night or solidified whatever. The only thing I cant tell is if he has better relationships with players on other programs or if he just stays to himself.

- Finally, what an incredible environment, and what a basketball team!!!! Jimmy L's squad is big time,very athletic, nice rotation, and possibly one of the best guard tandems in the country (which is what wins in March and early April)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Appreciate the news. Got to fix the links though.

Surprising to most is that with over 100 players, most teams break up into clicks, its just natural. Sometimes by unit, or positions, class or whatever, happens.

Advertisement
Appreciate the news. Got to fix the links though.

Surprising to most is that with over 100 players, most teams break up into clicks, its just natural. Sometimes by unit, or positions, class or whatever, happens.

This is correct. Thats how it broke down. You cant see the pix?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yo we gettin them all, if we steal J Coley from fsu its pretty much fap day on NSD. This site will prob crash

Seems like Miami is a perfect fit for Coley IMO.

He has always been a different type of kid. Like you mentioned, just kinda on his own, doing his own thing. Part of the reason his recruitment has been such a mystery is he really didn't care too much about it for a while.

A smaller school with a strong support system seems like a perfect spot for him.

Great post though, thanks for sharing.

Advertisement
Back