Observations about Clemson

He's a tough kid too who like to take on tacklers, so that might not bode too well for him if Carter gets a chance to line him up.

if there is ever a game where Carter is going to be ejected for just blasting a guy and altering his mindset, busting him up, this is it.

Like what Bernard Pollard did in that one AFC title game versus NE that one year, which really swung that games momentum

No matter how much football has changed, this is still a violent, physical game. Carter is a throwback to a savage era, and I think it's still VERY useful

Advertisement
Both their cornerbacks are the best players on their defense right now and it is not even close. I'd split our wideouts and keep their corners on an island. I don't think they have an athlete that can cover Rooster or Cam on swing passes nor do they have a linebacker who can spy King. If Arstrong had 88 yards on 22 carries, then King is going to have a huge game with his feet.
That was the biggest takeaway I got from the game. Clemson struggled containing QB runs. Given that King is a more dynamic runner than Armstrong, Clemson will either have to key even more on King as a runner, or get burned. If they do key on King as a runner, that should open up some more room for King in the short and intermediate passing game, where he's more accurate than Armstrong.

Ive watched Clemson's big games and the game from this year. What im seeing is on defense for them last year in those big games Simmons either had a game changing int or sack which they dont have no more. They don't have that on this team this year, the guy to make a game changing play from what i see. After watching some of their interviews for this game i really think their concern with our offense. Saturday needs to hurry up!

1602105733488.png

Man I wish Rousseau was playing... I promise I would bet the house on a win.. but I believe this will be our #15’s best game Saturday

Advertisement
Virginia had a gameplan to let their qb, who is slower than rich eisen running in mud, run the ball 22 times with many being designed qb runs... let that sink in and he still ran for 89 yards. They shot themselves in the foot numerous times including multiple terrible interceptions one being an underthrown ball to a 7 foot tall receiver. Idk but I sure didnt come away from that game thinking clemson is better than us but Saturday gonna be here soon for us to find out
I spoke about these things in my we are underrated post. Clemson had 2 picks at home v UVA, and won by 18. I dont find that mighty impressive in relation to what I have seen them do for years. Talented no doubt, but I believe so are we. But the thing they could rely on for years was getting pressure with 4 players, then do all kinda coverages behind it. I watched them against WF and UVA and when they rush only 4, those pockets were clean for those teams and that has not been the case for years. That's gonna be the biggest difference tomorrow night imo.

Advertisement
Back