Oakleaf prospects

Why would the #1 MLB in the country need to camp in order to get an offer especially if he "loves" us? Am I reading that correctly?

Shaq Quarterman 2016 MLB. Ranked the number 1 middle linebacker on 247. He has offers from Georgia, UF, Michigan, MSU, Tenn, Auburn, OSU, and South Carolina. No miami offer. This kid loves miami and for him to drive down to camp at Miami to get an offer even with multiple elite offers shows his sincere interest.

Deandre steelman 2016 OLB/SS. Plays the same position Owens did last year

Nelson Santiago 2015 OL

All coming to the camp tomorrow. Oakleaf is the school darrion Owens went to.

A prospect I would like to see Miami offer from that school is Chris Westry. 2015 DB who just moved from corner to strong safety. He measured 6'4" and 3/4 and 184lbs. Broad jumped 10'5", vert 37, and ran a 4.41 twice at UF. He made a prior commitment to the Fiu camp up in Jax so he is not coming down. This kid is going to blow up I hope we offer now and try to get an uov

Advertisement
212.gif

Does our staff think they know something others don't by not offering an elite MLB with elite offers or what?
And before people **** I know he's 2016, but with how much kids care about early offers we need to be more on top of it.
This staff makes me shake my head sometimes.
Not offering Shaq Quarterman is laughable, I hate this staff man
SMH this exactly what im taking about. how do you find one prospect form a school and not happen to notice the other one who is the best LB in country smh.
They offered that linebacker from jersey but now quarterman? Lol
I think we all agree there seems to be absent mindedness about our recruiting process or they just slow recognizing talent and offering. Either way it's not positive. It's almost like they want to prove NJ guys just as good as players from FL or the south in general. The guy who PSU choose over him, is out recruiting him and locking down the northeast, something Al and staff haven't come close to doing in 4 recruiting cycles in SoFl. When somebody states a fact we can't call them negative because facts speak for themselves.

212.gif

Does our staff think they know something others don't by not offering an elite MLB with elite offers or what?
And before people **** I know he's 2016, but with how much kids care about early offers we need to be more on top of it.
SMH this exactly what im taking about. how do you find one prospect form a school and not happen to notice the other one who is the best LB in country smh.
I think we all agree there seems to be absent mindedness about our recruiting process or they just slow recognizing talent and offering. Either way it's not positive. It's almost like they want to prove NJ guys just as good as players from FL or the south in general. The guy who PSU choose over him, is out recruiting him and locking down the northeast, something Al and staff haven't come close to doing in 4 recruiting cycles in SoFl. When somebody states a fact we can't call them negative because facts speak for themselves.

LMAO well fvckin played!!!

Advertisement
One thing to realize is when Penn St is doing well, they have no competition in the Northeast. Recruiting kids in Nj is totally different then recruiting in South Florida. Most of these kids in NJ care about academics and they have no "handlers" like Florida. You have to recruit the kids parents, handlers and coaches in Florida and that don't exist in NJ. Al can forget about NJ now because Franklin has taken over

One thing to realize is when Penn St is doing well, they have no competition in the Northeast. Recruiting kids in Nj is totally different then recruiting in South Florida. Most of these kids in NJ care about academics and they have no "handlers" like Florida. You have to recruit the kids parents, handlers and coaches in Florida and that don't exist in NJ. Al can forget about NJ now because Franklin has taken over
agreed. Franklin running that **** now. and Al knows it. he going to fight though.

agreed. Franklin running that **** now. and Al knows it. he going to fight though.

PedState always has and always will get most of the elite kids in the NE, but we've always done well there and likely always will. It helps that AG has ties to the area, but what helps the most is winter.

PedState always has and always will get most of the elite kids in the NE, but we've always done well there and likely always will. It helps that AG has ties to the area, but what helps the most is winter.

You are correct but most these kids want to stay close if they can so their parents can come see them play. Penn St is a car drive away for NJ parents.

Advertisement
212.gif

251.gif

Advertisement
212.gif

I'm glad I was wrong in this and that it worked out for us, but there's still plenty of instances where it's gone the other way for us.

Advertisement
A prospect I would like to see Miami offer from that school is Chris Westry. 2015 DB who just moved from corner to strong safety. He measured 6'4" and 3/4 and 184lbs. Broad jumped 10'5", vert 37, and ran a 4.41 twice at UF. He made a prior commitment to the Fiu camp up in Jax so he is not coming down. This kid is going to blow up I hope we offer now and try to get an uov

Westry earned an Auburn offer after a strong camp performance over the weekend.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Auburn-offers-2015-cornerback-29731477

U think Miami is intereseted in Westry?

U think Miami is intereseted in Westry?

I doubt but he is a very Big corner at 6'4. from your view how does he play?

Advertisement
Back