O-lineman Max Howell looking good boys!!!!

This is why scouting linemen can be so difficult for even the most experienced recruiters. You almost have to ignore the results and just focus on movements. technique and quickness. It can be really hard to gauge whether a guy is dominant because he's really good or if he's just dominating a bunch of terrible players.

Advertisement
I could flick one of those dudes like they’re a booger and send them back 2 yards...

He manhandled some big boys as well. If you can’t see this kids potential something is wrong with you. Darnell is also speaking up for his teammate so he could maybe be a packaged deal.

He will probably commit to Marshall soon.

Has a Pitt and UVA but Marshall is his Childhood dream school.

I would love to see a stat that proves that attention seekers end up performing worse then similar ranked kids who did not seek attention during recruiting. This seems very anecdotal. Think about how many non attention seeking kids turn out to be busts, but we don't think of them because we just forget about them. We remember the Byrds because they spurned us, but we forget about the kids like Bar Milo who have quiet recruitments and then end up as scrubs. However, even if Lucas ends up being a bust he still would be better then this Max kid who I highly doubt will ever even be able to play a single down at a P5 school.

I don't even think this kid is on our radar, so I'm sure you're right.

I was just speaking to your comment on Lucas. Yes, it's all anecdotal. But lots of anecdotes, going back to Willie Williams. Recent examples include the "Killer Bees" DTs of Bain, Bostwick and Keeff Bryant. Or how about Valentine? All those guys who went to UF and were kicked off for credit card fraud? Maybe CJ Henderson does something to prove me wrong there, but what a team-killer ... tbh, I tend to forget their names because I know they'll be failures and then I can't google search them because they're already forgotten, their 15 minutes of fame used up.

Advertisement
I don't even think this kid is on our radar, so I'm sure you're right.

I was just speaking to your comment on Lucas. Yes, it's all anecdotal. But lots of anecdotes, going back to Willie Williams. Recent examples include the "Killer Bees" DTs of Bain, Bostwick and Keeff Bryant. Or how about Valentine? All those guys who went to UF and were kicked off for credit card fraud? Maybe CJ Henderson does something to prove me wrong there, but what a team-killer ... tbh, I tend to forget their names because I know they'll be failures and then I can't google search them because they're already forgotten, their 15 minutes of fame used up.

I can name even more guys who had very quiet recruitments and ended up being busts. That is my point. I am not saying you are wrong, but rattling off a few guys doesn't support your point. There are a lot more guys who end up performing as expected after acting like a diva through the recruitment process.

I know that many don’t want this kid because he doesn’t play top competition but many top kids get boosted by highlights against inferior competition and most are flabbergasted/impressed by it. Here’s a few scrimmage highlights(though not against top talent) that still make me believe this kid could be a great Guard.
Johnson Central High School

I would love to see a stat that proves that attention seekers end up performing worse then similar ranked kids who did not seek attention during recruiting. This seems very anecdotal. Think about how many non attention seeking kids turn out to be busts, but we don't think of them because we just forget about them. We remember the Byrds because they spurned us, but we forget about the kids like Bar Milo who have quiet recruitments and then end up as scrubs. However, even if Lucas ends up being a bust he still would be better then this Max kid who I highly doubt will ever even be able to play a single down at a P5 school.
Facts

Bar Milo went to the same school as Brad Kaaya and they both have the same traits... S.O.F.T. A.S. D.O.G. S.H.I.T. So let that be a lesson learned fellas... stay away from whatever high school they went to and whatever area they're from smh

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bar Milo went to the same school as Brad Kaaya and they both have the same traits... S.O.F.T. A.S. D.O.G. S.H.I.T. So let that be a lesson learned fellas... stay away from whatever high school they went to and whatever area they're from smh
Some dog sh:****:t can be a bit tough:hunt-dog-lol:

Advertisement
Seems to struggle against players his same size. He does play to the whistle though.

He needs better Coaching. I spoke to him recently to Congratulate him for being selected to Preseason All-State Team and to play in The Blue and Grey All-American game and I adviced him that he needs to work on that first punch to stop Linemen in there tracks and on his lateral movement to be able to stay in front of the bigger, faster & better talent. He’s a better fit at Guard than at Center or tackle imo. Thank you for your input P.

Last edited:
Max Howell is your typical WV lineman that goes to Marshall and is a 3 yr starter and makes an ALL-CUSA team.

I understand what you’re saying but he manhandled some big guys in the video as well. Kid has the size 6’4 285 is talented and is aggressive. I’d take this kid over Knocked knees Lucas any day. He reminds me of Joaquin Gonzalez 6’5 292 when he played for the Canes.
Don't want knock-kneed. Look at that DL from Georgia who spurned us at last minute. Diaz knew. Now maybe knock-kneed works in the Willie Taggert system.They already do funny dances so who knows. Maybe they needed him to fill out their dance line. You never know.

Like I said. Diaz knew and it was a blessing in disguise.

Advertisement
Used to be it seemed southern California kids were generally soft.

Advertisement
Back