O-lineman Max Howell looking good boys!!!!

Advertisement
He looks like a cream puff all American to me. He’s just bullying inferior talent due to an inequity in size not making pancakes due to superior effort or technique. Tackles and guards at the next level are athletes who happen to be very large, this dudes just eaten more bdubs and has a 6’5 dad.

He looks like a cream puff all American to me. He’s just bullying inferior talent due to an inequity in size not making pancakes due to superior effort or technique. Tackles and guards at the next level are athletes who happen to be very large, this dudes just eaten more bdubs and has a 6’5 dad.

apparently it isn't affecting Darnell Wright's ranking lol

Advertisement
SMH That Corner of WV has been putting out successful OL lineman to Marshall and WVU for decades. Even UL and UK has snuck in and got some No Star lineman who end up starting for years.

Thing about dudes from WV is they shut the **** up, play hard, play with a chip, nasty, and do the right thing.

He manhandled some big boys as well. If you can’t see this kids potential something is wrong with you. Darnell is also speaking up for his teammate so he could maybe be a packaged deal.

Look at the size of the guys he is competing against. The DTs look like they would be safetys in south Florida.
I understand what you’re saying but he manhandled some big guys in the video as well. Kid has the size 6’4 285 is talented and is aggressive. I’d take this kid over Knocked knees Lucas any day. He reminds me of Joaquin Gonzalez 6’5 292 when he played for the Canes.

Advertisement
I understand what you’re saying but he manhandled some big guys in the video as well. Kid has the size 6’4 285 is talented and is aggressive. I’d take this kid over Knocked knees Lucas any day. He reminds me of Joaquin Gonzalez 6’5 292 when he played for the Canes.

No chance would I take him over Lucas. He handled like 2 big kids and we have no idea who those big kids where. They could be big uncoordinated weak oafs for all we know. Also, those big kids where not even THAT big. They where big boys, but not D1 offer big boys.

No chance would I take him over Lucas. He handled like 2 big kids and we have no idea who those big kids where. They could be big uncoordinated weak oafs for all we know. Also, those big kids where not even THAT big. They where big boys, but not D1 offer big boys.

Lucas is a clown. The success ratio on kids who enjoy being the center of attention as much he does is near zero. I don't see him putting in the work to become great like some of these grinders. And I'm not just talking the usual suspects like the Felicianos, Isadoras, or Linders of the world (or Gauthier, if you want someone on the team now). Look at how a naturally elite kid like Donaldson is working his tail off with Felder and in the film room to become a great tackle. Recruits who need to be the center of attention don't have the mental toughness to be like that.

Lucas is a clown. The success ratio on kids who enjoy being the center of attention as much he does is near zero. I don't see him putting in the work to become great like some of these grinders. And I'm not just talking the usual suspects like the Felicianos, Isadoras, or Linders of the world (or Gauthier, if you want someone on the team now). Look at how a naturally elite kid like Donaldson is working his tail off with Felder and in the film room to become a great tackle. Recruits who need to be the center of attention don't have the mental toughness to be like that.

I would love to see a stat that proves that attention seekers end up performing worse then similar ranked kids who did not seek attention during recruiting. This seems very anecdotal. Think about how many non attention seeking kids turn out to be busts, but we don't think of them because we just forget about them. We remember the Byrds because they spurned us, but we forget about the kids like Bar Milo who have quiet recruitments and then end up as scrubs. However, even if Lucas ends up being a bust he still would be better then this Max kid who I highly doubt will ever even be able to play a single down at a P5 school.

Advertisement
There are other kids I’d rather have idk how we got to the comparison of dontae Lucas that kid is a head case I don’t want him .. but @OriginalGatorHater is right man he’s literally just bullying the smallest kids Ive seen and probably worse competiton then what dj Johnson played against at sacarmento .. granted it’s not the kids fault the competition he’s playing but if you just compare him to Wright, Wright is just on another astral plane in aggressiveness and fluidity for being 6’ 6” and dominates recruiting circuits as well... and the more I watch his film he should be obliterating the kids he’s going against especially in pass protection he’s just too busy trying to get these hip toss pancakes and just looks ugly doing it .. his run blocking pancakes come from down blocking these dline men taking awful slants ... dont get me wrong he’s not a bad linemen but is absolutely not Miami caliber

There are other kids I’d rather have idk how we got to the comparison of dontae Lucas that kid is a head case I don’t want him .. but @OriginalGatorHater is right man he’s literally just bullying the smallest kids Ive seen and probably worse competiton then what dj Johnson played against at sacarmento .. granted it’s not the kids fault the competition he’s playing but if you just compare him to Wright, Wright is just on another astral plane in aggressiveness and fluidity for being 6’ 6” and dominates recruiting circuits as well... and the more I watch his film he should be obliterating the kids he’s going against especially in pass protection he’s just too busy trying to get these hip toss pancakes and just looks ugly doing it .. his run blocking pancakes come from down blocking these dline men taking awful slants ... dont get me wrong he’s not a bad linemen but is absolutely not Miami caliber

Exactly. I noticed the same thing about the blocks. Lets see him in a camp setting before we start to say we would rather take him over Lucas. If he somehow actually stops some elite DLs at the camp then I will be all for giving him a scholly. I don't see that happening though.

Edit: Also, I am not saying I want Lucas either, but I still think he is better then Max.

Exactly. I noticed the same thing about the blocks. Lets see him in a camp setting before we start to say we would rather take him over Lucas. If he somehow actually stops some elite DLs at the camp then I will be all for giving him a scholly. I don't see that happening though.

Edit: Also, I am not saying I want Lucas either, but I still think he is better then Max.
Oh absolutely you put Lucas and against that competiton and he’ll look like kardell Thomas ... honestly the only way I see that kid getting any type of d1 scholly is going camps and showing if he can hang with other d1 talent .. who knows with line men he can probably go d2 or something get proper coaching (which is what most linemen lack in high school both offensive and defensive side) and he could probably be drafted for all we know like that guy on the bucs ... but Judging on that film nothing screams major d1 caliber

Advertisement
If he came in a packaged deal with Darnell Wright would you want him then? The kid is raw but the potential is there. He has great size and aggressiveness I want to see what he does this season.

Oh absolutely you put Lucas and against that competiton and he’ll look like kardell Thomas ... honestly the only way I see that kid getting any type of d1 scholly is going camps and showing if he can hang with other d1 talent .. who knows with line men he can probably go d2 or something get proper coaching (which is what most linemen lack in high school both offensive and defensive side) and he could probably be drafted for all we know like that guy on the bucs ... but Judging on that film nothing screams major d1 caliber

LOL I agree 100%. Anyone could look like an all star when you are playing against a bunch of miniature linemen. We have a ton of possible kids we could offer who I believe are better then this kid. Unless this kid really proves something at the camps he will end up at D2 or maybe(big maybe) end up at an FCS school based off his size alone as some sort of project. I am all for taking a few projects per class, but this kid is way to much of a project for any D1 school to take. This is a D2 project. I noticed that as well about HS lineman coaching(especially in states that don't generally pump out talent like WV).

If he came in a packaged deal with Darnell Wright would you want him then? The kid is raw but the potential is there. He has great size and aggressiveness I want to see what he does this season.
Package deal as a pwo yes ... I’ve posted strongly how I feel about taking package deals since we always get shanked and makes us look like we bend our knee to recruits as a program ... my personal opinion though that’s how you fill the program with jags as well example (bar milo and Kayaa) ... but definitely worth monitoring though

LOL I agree 100%. Anyone could look like an all star when you are playing against a bunch of miniature linemen. We have a ton of possible kids we could offer who I believe are better then this kid. Unless this kid really proves something at the camps he will end up at D2 or maybe(big maybe) end up at an FCS school based off his size alone as some sort of project. I am all for taking a few projects per class, but this kid is way to much of a project for any D1 school to take. This is a D2 project. I noticed that as well about HS lineman coaching(especially in states that don't generally pump out talent like WV).
The poor coaching of linemen in highschool is kinda everywhere but the further bfe you go the more obscure it is ... that’s why it’s hard to follow stars rating especially with linemen ..but yea this kid looks like he belongs at the d2 level

Advertisement
Back