O Line was garbage tonight...garbage!!!

Advertisement
No they weren't garbage. UNC didn't really start getting pressure until we were down 3 scores and forced to throw every down. It wasn't a great performance by any means though.

our RBs do our OL no favors.
Yep least of our issues, the Lee snap was a blemish ...

We are too slow and small at WR. We are too slow and small at CB. We are undersized and not athletic enough at DT and we don’t have any elite DE’s and zero depth there. Our LB’s are slow and average.

Our RB’s are average to slightly above average but they fumble too much. Our QB locks in on one receiver. Our offense is basically run the ball and throw it to the slot receiver, we don’t spread it out and use space which is what I thought Dawson was about?

Most of this comes down to recruiting. Yall *****ed at me for complaining during the summer about our recruiting misses and portal misses, well here is your result. We lost this game 6 months ago when we failed to address roster issues.

UNC was the more talented and athletic team, period, and that was clear. The better team won.

Advertisement
Everyone was surprised the line started the season so well, but we’re not surprised when they have an off day? Francis did not have the best of games, but it’s only the sixth game of his career.

Two problems contributed to what looks like offensive line issues. One, TVD does not have much pocket awareness when he sent his pressure. Two, we don’t have an explosive running back. I know we think we have a great RB room, but we don’t. Maybe that will change once Fletcher returns and if we can ever get Chris Johnson involved.

Henry Parrish is consistent, which we like, but he’s not a threat to make a big play. Neither is Chaney.

Just my opinion. I might be wrong.

Last edited:
The O-line is average. Lol at us having a great RB room. Our RBs are also very average. There’s not one position group that is stellar…maybe our kicker

OL is good, they have talent on the defensive line they always do. Our OL is not a run grading unit, they excel in moving in space and we forgot how to pull

If you thought our DL was any good and going to dominate their OL or any OL for that matter that was on you. They haven’t been good at all

Advertisement
We are too slow and small at WR. We are too slow and small at CB. We are undersized and not athletic enough at DT and we don’t have any elite DE’s and zero depth there. Our LB’s are slow and average.

Our RB’s are average to slightly above average but they fumble too much. Our QB locks in on one receiver. Our offense is basically run the ball and throw it to the slot receiver, we don’t spread it out and use space which is what I thought Dawson was about?

Most of this comes down to recruiting. Yall *****ed at me for complaining during the summer about our recruiting misses and portal misses, well here is your result. We lost this game 6 months ago when we failed to address roster issues.

UNC was the more talented and athletic team, period, and that was clear. The better team won.
Overall Mario’s work in the portal has been mediocre.

Ima be honest.. it’s really hard for me to give a lot blame to the OL, which still gave plenty of time during game.. and to Dawson.

As long as TVD is starting.. it isn’t fair to criticize Dawson offense fully.

Mr. Read One literally locks on his guys.. and whether or not the man is open.. sad face still throws the dam ball.

It WR running wide *** open all game.. he has no clue of.

Dude play like a true freshman.. but he’s been here for 4 years and still doesn’t know how to read defenses, nor scan the field.

You know who can? Emory Williams..

When he’s out there, he looks like a leader. Commands the offense. Scans the field like he’s Peyton Manning or some ****.

TVD is horrible.. if it ain’t a deep ball he’s lost.. I would literally bench him and move on after tonight.

Advertisement
@OP:
Not really. At the half Canes D had 4 sacks and UNC had zero. Second half Canes D got 1 sack and UNC with 3. It's called adjustments which UNC made and Canes did not..

The OL is the least of our concerns. That’s the one unit I have confidence in going forward. It’s the only thing Mario knows how to build. There was plenty of lanes for the RBs to run. Lee had a bad snap, it is what it is. Our OL outplayed theres but their DL is much better than ours. Our recruiting on the DL and secondary is killing this team.

Parrish celebrating on the GL and then fumbling the next was on the OL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back