O-Line Sucks

smoke_4

Recruit
We won’t get BACK to being Miami or beating any of the major teams unless the o-line plays better and has the mindset to play physical and mentally tough no matter the opponent until then the struggles won’t stop and they’ll continue to get whooped up front

Advertisement
244.jpg

We won’t get BACK to being Miami or beating any of the major teams unless the o-line plays better and has the mindset to play physical and mentally tough no matter the opponent until then the struggles won’t stop and they’ll continue to get whooped up front
They would be better with a better designed offense. The offensive design makes it extremely easy for defenses to attack the line by bringing more people than they can block.

This will be a problem until coaching changes and recruiting in that area.

I just want them to stick to one unit. Last night they shuffled constantly and put in St. Louis-Jones-gauthier-Mahoney-ND in the 4th. That unit has easily been our worst unit they trotted them out in a critical time. Mind boggling

Advertisement
I just want them to stick to one unit. Last night they shuffled constantly and put in St. Louis-Jones-gauthier-Mahoney-ND in the 4th. That unit has easily been our worst unit they trotted them out in a critical time. Mind boggling

I’m not surprised that they didn’t put Scaife in. He was making too many mistakes. We shocked me was our DT getting that unsportsmanlike penalty when we needed the ball back.

I’m not surprised that they didn’t put Scaife in. He was making too many mistakes. We shocked me was our DT getting that unsportsmanlike penalty when we needed the ball back.

I was at the game so I did not have the benefit of watching on a tv but outside of the false start, I don’t recall many egregious problems with scaife? Others had tougher time and as soon as scaife came out, ND gave up a sack

I was at the game so I did not have the benefit of watching on a tv but outside of the false start, I don’t recall many egregious problems with scaife? Others had tougher time and as soon as scaife came out, ND gave up a sack
The O line is our biggest problem because we can't run the ball well enough to end up with 3rd and short. And when we do we get stuffed.

I believe he had a holding call as well but if he starts the last few weeks as he should have, he looks like a different player last night.

Advertisement
We just need an identity in offense! Who are we: pro set, RPO, smash mouth running with FB? We are recruiting dual threat QBs and very skill WRs. However, we are recruiting big slow OL that is struggling to stretch and pass block. From my observation over the past couple of years, on short yardage the OL doesn’t fire out low and drive their feet. Basically, talent with no technique will lose games to average players with great technique! Thanks Diaz for having an identity in def: fast, violence, and turnovers

I believe he had a holding call as well but if he starts the last few weeks as he should have, he looks like a different player last night.

I think you’re right but that’s hardly a benchable offense. After all, Mahoney had a bad drive killer of a hold early on.

QB, OLine, and the entire special teams all need to be corrected! We keep subbing different players on all 3 units 6 games into the season tells me this staff doesn’t know what the f*** they are doing! Richt is lucky they play more games on the road than home for the rest of the season bcuz Hard Rock would boo the shut out of him! Blame Perry all you want but he was unprepared just as Rosier was unprepared he even stated on 247 that he hadn’t practiced with 1st team since the FIU game! That OLine is a atrocious they can’t even fu*c*ing move the line of scrimmage 2 yds! Let not act like the talent isn’t there either it’s just not being devoloped! If Perry indeed suck why are we wasting time going back to Rosier we know what he gives us and that’s ****! Play Williams let him learn this season so that if he should be our QB next year he doesn’t look like Perry did a freaking deer in headlights!

Advertisement
We just need an identity in offense! Who are we: pro set, RPO, smash mouth running with FB? We are recruiting dual threat QBs and very skill WRs. However, we are recruiting big slow OL that is struggling to stretch and pass block. From my observation over the past couple of years, on short yardage the OL doesn’t fire out low and drive their feet. Basically, talent with no technique will lose games to average players with great technique! Thanks Diaz for having an identity in def: fast, violence, and turnovers
Exactly!!!! We're recruiting big offensive lineman and asking them to zone block instead of firing off the line and creating movement. If we're going to be a zone blocking team recruit smaller more athletic lineman. If we're gonna recruit these massive olineman then let's get low, fire off the ball and create some movement.

To trot out #55 and put him at OT during that drive was insane.. I swear Richt places bets against the canes. No way any coach worth his salt would ever do something like that. I the said part is we are stuck in mediocrity for the next 4 years at least. I'm not going to Blackburg. I already know this time is middle of the pack.

There are teams with way worse olines than ours that get it done. It's the scheme we are asking them to do instead of changing to best suite what they would be better at to mask the deficiencies. It all starts up top I can only blame the players so much. But when they are set up for failure from the rip I can't say anything

Advertisement
Stacy needs to go but playcalling is the #1 issue. You can work with a terrible line if you have good playcalling but Rich said it himself, he's been running the same plays for 30 years. Guy is so stubborn and stuck in the past that you have to question if he's all there in the head.

Its harder for the OL to open up holes when the defense knows what play is coming just by what formation we come out in. Huge disadvantage.

OL has been garbage the whole time richt has been here

It ain't gonna change !

Advertisement
Back