O-Line Sucks

He had ok lines at Georgia and still managed to blow a few games a year.

Advertisement
This excuse is getting old.

If Richt has a poor OL then stop asking them to block for three seconds so Perry can throw to all his WRs 20 yards away.

It is simple for all you that think it is the OL...Stop asking them to do what they cannot do and change the offensive.

Richt should not need Bama's OL to beat UVA...this excuse is just poor.

There are teams with way worse olines than ours that get it done. It's the scheme we are asking them to do instead of changing to best suite what they would be better at to mask the deficiencies. It all starts up top I can only blame the players so much. But when they are set up for failure from the rip I can't say anything
Bingo ! Wondered how far I would get till somebody got it. Ricks play calling leaves little chance for success, he will hit one here and there, we out athlete here and there. Just watch any decent college offense, how they scheme and keep the D off balance. Ricks lets em dig in good then runs right at em, that's Damm hard to over come fellas, dude is as predictable as the days of the week

Advertisement
There are teams with way worse olines than ours that get it done. It's the scheme we are asking them to do instead of changing to best suite what they would be better at to mask the deficiencies. It all starts up top I can only blame the players so much. But when they are set up for failure from the rip I can't say anything

This. Stop with the oline excuse. Our offense is performing way worse than the talent we have. 3 years in a row. 3 different QBs. Different olines. Tons of skill position talent. One constant... Mark Richt.

They would be better with a better designed offense. The offensive design makes it extremely easy for defenses to attack the line by bringing more people than they can block.

But they don't. All offseason people kept saying how everyone stacked the box against us and it's just not true. Last night Virginia had 6 guys in the box most of the night.

But they don't. All offseason people kept saying how everyone stacked the box against us and it's just not true. Last night Virginia had 6 guys in the box most of the night.
Rick is just terrible at accessing his talent and using it to its best advantages, we have studs, he don't get em the ball, he ignores our strong points and calls his game

Poor excuses every time doesn’t cut it no more those guys just have to want it more then the opponent perfect example our D-Line mindset is whoop they *** they can’t compete with us dominate period point blank

Advertisement
I just want them to stick to one unit. Last night they shuffled constantly and put in St. Louis-Jones-gauthier-Mahoney-ND in the 4th. That unit has easily been our worst unit they trotted them out in a critical time. Mind boggling
This is the most painful thing right here. Playing your 5 worst at the same time

This. Stop with the oline excuse. Our offense is performing way worse than the talent we have. 3 years in a row. 3 different QBs. Different olines. Tons of skill position talent. One constant... Mark Richt.
Literally exactly what I was hinting at... See the word scheme?

This is one of the most frustrating arguments around. Whether or not we're good (we're not), we're still more talented than other teams who produce better than we do against a common opponent. Want some evidence?

Nick Linder is the starting center for the University of Indiana, as just one example. This is a guy who was slated to be outside of our starting lineup and transferred.

Against UVA:
Indiana had 5.9 yards/play and 5.4 yards/rush for a total of 387 yards and 237 yards rushing. They were 8/15 on 3rd downs with 21 total first downs.
Miami had 5.8 yards/play and 5.1 yards/rush for a total of 339 yards and 149 yards rushing. They were 4/12 on 3rd downs with 16 total first downs.
Go ahead and look at Indiana's OL depth chart.
Feel free to compare the skill position talent between Indiana and Miami.

Are we great? No way. Do we have more talent than some other teams who get better results? I think so. Blaming OL for everything is ridiculous - especially without proper context. Yesterday, Scaife got the blame on a 4th down failure because a DL across from him essentially slanted directly into the play. The play? The exact same play we'd run about 3493x before in similar short yardage scenarios. Is that all Scaife's fault? Anyone who's played any sport knows it's pretty tough to be optimal when the guy in front of you starts with an advantage.

This is one of the most frustrating arguments around. Whether or not we're good (we're not), we're still more talented than other teams who produce better than we do against a common opponent. Want some evidence?

Nick Linder is the starting center for the University of Indiana, as just one example. This is a guy who was slated to be outside of our starting lineup and transferred.

Against UVA:
Indiana had 5.9 yards/play and 5.4 yards/rush for a total of 387 yards and 237 yards rushing. They were 8/15 on 3rd downs with 21 total first downs.
Miami had 5.8 yards/play and 5.1 yards/rush for a total of 339 yards and 149 yards rushing. They were 4/12 on 3rd downs with 16 total first downs.
Go ahead and look at Indiana's OL depth chart.
Feel free to compare the skill position talent between Indiana and Miami.

Are we great? No way. Do we have more talent than some other teams who get better results? I think so. Blaming OL for everything is ridiculous - especially without proper context. Yesterday, Scaife got the blame on a 4th down failure because a DL across from him essentially slanted directly into the play. The play? The exact same play we'd run about 3493x before in similar short yardage scenarios. Is that all Scaife's fault? Anyone who's played any sport knows it's pretty tough to be optimal when the guy in front of you starts with an advantage.

Who decides timing and personnel behind OL rotation? Is that Searles 100% or is it a combo of coaches?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back