O-Line coach?

jmiller

Redshirt Freshman
I know everyone has been anxious about who the OC is going to be but I'm more concerned with who the O-line coach will be. We could hire Lincoln Riley but if our line play stinks again we're still going to suck again. It's the only spot I havent seen any names being talked about yet from the insiders.

Advertisement
I know everyone has been anxious about who the OC is going to be but I'm more concerned with who the O-line coach will be. We could hire Lincoln Riley but if our line play stinks again we're still going to suck again. It's the only spot I havent seen any names being talked about yet from the insiders.
We certainly need a good hire to run the OL as UM has had some of the worst Oline coaches in college football over the last 25 years.

One guy I like is Charlie ****ey who was the OL coach for Bill Snyder at KState and wasn't retained.
It does appear he is following NCState on twitter, and that program just lost their OL coach to AppyState
so who knows.

if I could have any oline coach id look at 2 places iowa and Wisconsin but odds are we aren't getting those guys. iowa seems to churn out oline to nfl that they develop from 7on 7 ball and Wisconsin seems to have oline in nfl every year now

if I could have any oline coach id look at 2 places iowa and Wisconsin but odds are we aren't getting those guys. iowa seems to churn out oline to nfl that they develop from 7on 7 ball and Wisconsin seems to have oline in nfl every year now

Good example of correlation over causation.

Advertisement

Been saying this a bunch. Can't wait to hear this one...CRUCIAL hire.

No disrespect intended but I'm so **** sick of that same tired cliche about OL from the Midwest being the most regurgitated fanboy mantra on the internet. "We need to get them big corn fed country boys". SMDH

key_2_small.png
images

Advertisement
I don’t think Briles brought his online coach from Houston with him to FSU. Clements

It’s definitely critical

Yes our line was awful but there is some decent young talent on the roster that badly needs to be developed properly

I don't believe Miami has a single OL on roster that could start on a Top 5 squad with any amount of coaching.

For years this has been a huge issue, and will take years to fix.

Advertisement
We need an OL coach that has experience with spread offenses, a guy from Wisky or Iowa aren’t what we would want imo

Advertisement
I don't believe Miami has a single OL on roster that could start on a Top 5 squad with any amount of coaching.

For years this has been a huge issue, and will take years to fix.
I don’t disagree really just saying we are going to have to salvage the guys that are here until we can somehow fix the recruiting

Advertisement
Back