O Butch! Butch! Wherefore art thou Butch?

C A G has started to turn the draft issues around. If it's all about draft picks, C A G is your man. 2 first rounders this year and 7 picks overall. That's as good as anything Mr. Davis did at UNC.

Compare apples to apples. UNC won like two games the year before Butch got there, and UNC is not exactly a destination team if you're a good player. Oh. And now that all of Butch's players are gone - they don't have anything.

Kind of like what happened at the U when all of Butch's players graduated out. We have sukked ever since.

Until this last draft, Butch put more of his recruits in the NFL than Saban in the same period of time.

How many of Butch's recruits went into the NFL? How many were probowlers?

The only reason ******* had players drafted was that 1) they were coming to the U anyway, and 2) they succeeded in spite of Golden's stupidity.

SOMEBODY SEND FRENK "THE U, PART 2!"

That UNC team that Mr. Davis took over from John Bunting was better than UM. Step out of the 80s, good friend. UM and UNC are pretty much the same program over the last 10 years.

You're FOS.

The year before Butch got to UNC, they went 3-9.

Advertisement
C A G has started to turn the draft issues around. If it's all about draft picks, C A G is your man. 2 first rounders this year and 7 picks overall. That's as good as anything Mr. Davis did at UNC.

Compare apples to apples. UNC won like two games the year before Butch got there, and UNC is not exactly a destination team if you're a good player. Oh. And now that all of Butch's players are gone - they don't have anything.

Kind of like what happened at the U when all of Butch's players graduated out. We have sukked ever since.

Until this last draft, Butch put more of his recruits in the NFL than Saban in the same period of time.

The only reason ******* had players drafted was that 1) they were coming to the U anyway, and 2) they succeeded in spite of Golden's stupidity.

That UNC team that Mr. Davis took over from John Bunting was better than UM. Step out of the 80s, good friend. UM and UNC are pretty much the same program over the last 10 years.

You're FOS.

before butch got there, they were lucky to win 5 games

You're FOS.

Is FOS short for Fozzy Bear because my friends in the anatomy club used to call me that? I hope it's not something hurtful or derogatory, dearest friend. Didn't John Bunting beat UM a year before he got fired at UNC, friend?

UNC and UM are the same program. The last decade has proven that. Prove me wrong on that one, close friend.

Advertisement

You're FOS.

Is FOS short for Fozzy Bear because my friends in the anatomy club used to call me that? I hope it's not something hurtful or derogatory, dearest friend. Didn't John Bunting beat UM a year before he got fired at UNC, friend?

UNC and UM are the same program. The last decade has proven that. Prove me wrong on that one, close friend.

I've already provided the material here in other threads within the past twelve months.

I'm not sure of your terminology. If you're saying we both suck, yep, that's right.

I'm saying Butch built up a team from a disaster here at UM, and as his recruits graduated, our program likewise tanked.

I'm saying Butch took a never-was at UNC, began recruiting at this never-was, and his last year had to play without many of his starters, due entirely to practices entrenched at UNC for years and years. Yet in spite of losing many of his starters, he still won a lot of games, and then sent enough NFL draftees that year to tie USC for having the most NFL players drafted.

UNC and UM are not the same program. UM has a much greater recruiting backyard.

One thing is certain. Butch, unimpeded, can build a National Championship Team like no other, and unimpeded, do so fast.

Best talent evaluator to ever do it.

I am partial to JJ. Dude did it in college and the NFL. I think Butch is right behind him though as he learned most of what he does from JJ.

Butch Davis was the recruiting coordinator and defensive line coach under JJ while he was here. That's a real big coincidence that while Butch was at Miami twice and UNC that all three instances the schools became college win and NFL draft machines.

Best talent evaluator to ever do it.

I am partial to JJ. Dude did it in college and the NFL. I think Butch is right behind him though as he learned most of what he does from JJ.

Butch Davis was the recruiting coordinator and defensive line coach under JJ while he was here. That's a real big coincidence that while Butch was at Miami twice and UNC that all three instances the schools became college win and NFL draft machines.

Butch said that early on, JJ would let Butch take off on Thursdays and for the rest of the week to recruit. Said he learned more about recruit evaluations from JJ and his own significant time on the road, than would otherwise be possible.

Then he said that recruiting was the thing he loved best about the job. Loves it.

Apparently. No one does it better.

You're FOS.

I've already provided the material here in other threads within the past twelve months.

I'm not sure of your terminology. If you're saying we both suck, yep, that's right.

I'm saying Butch built up a team from a disaster here at UM, and as his recruits graduated, our program likewise tanked.

I'm saying Butch took a never-was at UNC, began recruiting at this never-was, and his last year had to play without many of his starters, due entirely to practices entrenched at UNC for years and years. Yet in spite of losing many of his starters, he still won a lot of games, and then sent enough NFL draftees that year to tie USC for having the most NFL players drafted.

One thing is certain. Butch, unimpeded, can build a National Championship Team like no other, and unimpeded, do so fast.
There's no doubting Mr. Davis's recruiting acumen. He's proven himself to be an exceptional evaluator.

Unfortunately, during his great stretch of recruiting at UNC with all those 1st rounders he was never able to win the Coastal Division. He topped out at 8 or 9 wins every year despite building a roster with better talent than every team in the Coastal.

Now, if we are talking about racking up NFL draft picks and winning 8 or 9 games per season both Mr. Davis and Coach Golden have proven they can do that. Are you prepared to wait 5 years for Mr. Davis to build to his crescendo like he did at UM and at UNC and maybe compete for the Coastal title?

I keep hearing people making excuses for him during his last year at UNC when he got all those guys suspended, yet the same guys were crucifying Coach Golden immediately even while he was going through suspensions and ncaa drama.

Advertisement

You're FOS.

There's no doubting Mr. Davis's recruiting acumen. He's proven himself to be an exceptional evaluator.

Unfortunately, during his great stretch of recruiting at UNC with all those 1st rounders he was never able to win the Coastal Division. He topped out at 8 or 9 wins every year despite building a roster with better talent than every team in the Coastal.

Now, if we are talking about racking up NFL draft picks and winning 8 or 9 games per season both Mr. Davis and Coach Golden have proven they can do that. Are you prepared to wait 5 years for Mr. Davis to build to his crescendo like he did at UM and at UNC and maybe compete for the Coastal title?

I keep hearing people making excuses for him during his last year at UNC when he got all those guys suspended, yet the same guys were crucifying Coach Golden immediately even while he was going through suspensions and ncaa drama.

I don't understand folks who speak of what they know not. Really?

You are really ignorant of the subject matter, and you may want to ignore this thread. I don't know what your agenda is, who you are, what UM coaches you're related to, or you're really that damned ignorant.

I otherwise don't understand why you elect to remain ignorant of the facts, taken in context, in total. Why do you do that?

1. Butch did not get all those UNC players suspended, and there were like five separate investigations by the NCAA, and elements of UNC, and they all found that what occurred - preceded Butch Davis - and that he had zero complicity in each of the multiple investigations. Governor's investigation, UNC investigations, Secretary of State's investigation, NCAA investigations. All findings supported the fact that Butch was pretty much blindsided.

Chancellor Emeritus of UNC post-investigations wrote, "the ultimate outcome of the UNC process has been most unfair to Butch Davis."

So why would you resort to this lie? This misrepresentation? Are you that ignorant, or are you related to a coach here who's for damned certain going to be looking for a job this Winter?

2. In Butch's fourth year at UNC, 13 of his players were suspended - many were starters. He STILL went 8-5.

3. The team at UNC went 3-9 when Butch took over, and yes, it was harder to recruit for UNC. It took him four years, and had his players not been suspended, he'd likely have won ten games - and everyone in college football knew it.

4. Butch's first year at UNC, he reaped a top ten recruiting class. Between 2007 and 2008, he had the 6th best turnaround season in the country. After his second year at UNC, they'd won more games than in the five years before Butch got there.

Of course, Butch while at Miami recruited an amazing 28 first round picks in six years. Early on, had two first round picks at UNC.

4. In all six years at UM and four at UNC, Butch was recognized by the AFCA for outstanding graduation rates.

It's not someone's fault if they're mentally retarded.

But it IS someone's fault if they remain that way. On purpose.

That's why I disregard every post of yours, as you have zero credibility - and are compelled to outright fabrications to make a point.

You're FOS.

I don't understand folks who speak of what they know not. Really?

You are really ignorant of the subject matter, and you may want to ignore this thread. I don't know what your agenda is, who you are, what UM coaches you're related to, or you're really that damned ignorant.

I otherwise don't understand why you elect to remain ignorant of the facts, taken in context, in total. Why do you do that?

1. Butch did not get all those UNC players suspended, and there were like five separate investigations by the NCAA, and elements of UNC, and they all found that what occurred - preceded Butch Davis - and that he had zero complicity in each of the multiple investigations. Governor's investigation, UNC investigations, Secretary of State's investigation, NCAA investigations. All findings supported the fact that Butch was pretty much blindsided.

Chancellor Emeritus of UNC post-investigations wrote, "the ultimate outcome of the UNC process has been most unfair to Butch Davis."

So why would you resort to this lie? This misrepresentation? Are you that ignorant, or are you related to a coach here who's for damned certain going to be looking for a job this Winter?

2. In Butch's fourth year at UNC, 13 of his players were suspended - many were starters. He STILL went 8-5.

3. The team at UNC went 3-9 when Butch took over, and yes, it was harder to recruit for UNC. It took him four years, and had his players not been suspended, he'd likely have won ten games - and everyone in college football knew it.

4. Butch's first year at UNC, he reaped a top ten recruiting class. Between 2007 and 2008, he had the 6th best turnaround season in the country. After his second year at UNC, they'd won more games than in the five years before Butch got there.

Of course, Butch while at Miami recruited an amazing 28 first round picks in six years. Early on, had two first round picks at UNC.

4. In all six years at UM and four at UNC, Butch was recognized by the AFCA for outstanding graduation rates.

It's not someone's fault if they're mentally retarded.

But it IS someone's fault if they remain that way. On purpose.

That's why I disregard every post of yours, as you have zero credibility - and are compelled to outright fabrications to make a point.

You seem to be very emotional. In your fit of emotion, you claimed that you disregard all of my posts, yet you have responded to every one that I've made in this thread. How is that possible, potential friend (admittedly, it's going to be a struggle for me to convince you to be my friend)?

You did a good job in this thread explaining to me what I already agreed to--Mr. Davis is a phenomenal recruiter/evaluator. You know what else you did? You made a bunch of excuses for him not winning the Coastal despite building a team that had more talent than any other team in the Coastal. You conveniently skipped over that discussion, and, instead, focused on re-emphasizing points with which I agree and attacking me with horrible vitriolic comments that offended my sensibilities and cut me as deeply as words can. You even congratulated him for going 8-5.

You seem very accepting of excuses for Mr. Davis, but you hold Coach Golden to impossible standards. I appreciate that you are complex enough to assume that Mr. Davis would have won 10 games in the season where everyone else but him was responsible for a bunch of his players being suspended. You even went so far as to bolster your scientific data by stating that "everyone in college football knew it."

I also appreciate all that academic data you added to the post despite UNC being a total haven for academic abuse during Mr. Davis's tenure. Did you really pull the academic card in a UNC discussion? Good work, sir.

All you have proven is that you love the NFL draft. You worship Mr. Davis because he provides the NFL with boat loads of draft picks. He's never won anything despite being the best evaluator and draft pick supplier of all time. Again, what is your excuse for him never winning the pathetic Coastal? Or are you going to ignore that again and tell me about the academic success at UNC?

In closing, I've only been driven to tears a few times from posts on this board, but congratulations on making this the 25th time, meanie.

You made a bunch of excuses for him not winning the Coastal despite building a team that had more talent than any other team in the Coastal. You conveniently skipped over that discussion, and, instead, focused on re-emphasizing points with which I agree and attacking me with horrible vitriolic comments that offended my sensibilities and cut me as deeply as words can. You even congratulated him for going 8-5.

This post is only to make sure that none of the putty brains start toting this false flag. I'm not talking about you Franchise dear friend. ( and I use the word 'dear' in the most hetero of manners.)

In all fairness to Paul he inherited a program that only had one winning season in the 6 previous campaigns. That project was a complete rebuild from the ground up. I liken it to buying an old rusted 57 Chevy and having to meticulously restore each and every part in order to make it the hot rod it can be.

I agree it took Mr. Davis a few years to right the ship and as soon as he was on the cusp of greatness once again he was unwillingly fornicated upon by an incompetent administration with the systemic academic scandal that the young polock Mr.Krzyzewski was without a doubt a large part of yet never was sanctioned for. Instead they used Paul as a sacrifice/patsy because he was the easy target.

Mr. Davis has since been completely exonerated of any and all responsibility in the academic fraud that the great university at Chapel Hill engaged in. Said university even wrote MR. Davis a letter stating so.

It is unfortunate that both times Butch has assembled a dearth of talent he was *****'ed by incompetent administrations.

It is my hope that the meximelt will see the error of Miami's ways and bring the Prodigal's Son Home to The U where we will all prosper.

I can think of nothing more arousing (in a purely hetero fashion) than the ruddy ginger Butch Davis once again prowling the sidelines as the recruiting classes become things of legend and Miami once again hoists the greatest trophy in the land.

Advertisement
You made a bunch of excuses for him not winning the Coastal despite building a team that had more talent than any other team in the Coastal. You conveniently skipped over that discussion, and, instead, focused on re-emphasizing points with which I agree and attacking me with horrible vitriolic comments that offended my sensibilities and cut me as deeply as words can. You even congratulated him for going 8-5.

This post is only to make sure that none of the putty brains start toting this false flag. I'm not talking about you Franchise dear friend. ( and I use the word 'dear' in the most hetero of manners.)

In all fairness to Paul he inherited a program that only had one winning season in the 6 previous campaigns. That project was a complete rebuild from the ground up. I liken it to buying an old rusted 57 Chevy and having to meticulously restore each and every part in order to make it the hot rod it can be.

I agree it took Mr. Davis a few years to right the ship and as soon as he was on the cusp of greatness once again he was unwillingly fornicated upon by an incompetent administration with the systemic academic scandal that the young polock Mr.Krzyzewski was without a doubt a large part of yet never was sanctioned for. Instead they used Paul as a sacrifice/patsy because he was the easy target.

Mr. Davis has since been completely exonerated of any and all responsibility in the academic fraud that the great university at Chapel Hill engaged in. Said university even wrote MR. Davis a letter stating so.

It is unfortunate that both times Butch has assembled a dearth of talent he was *****'ed by incompetent administrations.

It is my hope that the meximelt will see the error of Miami's ways and bring the Prodigal's Son Home to The U where we will all prosper.

I can think of nothing more arousing (in a purely hetero fashion) than the ruddy ginger Butch Davis once again prowling the sidelines as the recruiting classes become things of legend and Miami once again hoists the greatest trophy in the land.

#Bring Back Butch
#Bring back 'Chise

I'm just here to remind everyone....

bdavis02.jpg

#BringBackButch

Advertisement
Franchise, I disregard the BS in your posts as you can't seem to make your point without an outright lie, misrepresentation, or fabrication. Don't take it personal, it's just my way of dealing with outright liars and other dishonest persons who continually exhibit a practice of deception and falsehoods.

It's a personality flaw of mine - I can't stand dishonest people.

The best lies are those that hold just a tiny grain of truth. Yes, he went 8-5, but your dishonesty is in no relating the conditions under which the 8-5 was thrust upon him.

Maybe you're just out of grade school and have no way of knowing many of these things. Maybe you can only read the raw numbers, but are completely incapable of discerning what you're reading, or you have a fractured personality which prevents basic analysis. Which just about anyone can compensate for by doing just a bit of reading.

Had you been a bit more informed on the teams in 2010, you'd realize that the conventional wisdom among analysts were as certain of UNC having ten wins, as they are convinced that FSU or Clemson will have ten wins this year. They may be wrong, but there's really no reasonable doubt with the talent and the trajectory their programs are on right now.

Same-Same with UNC in 2010. But he didn't get the chance with his whole team. If you think the talent wasn't there, a few months later, UNC tied USC with the most drafted into the NFL. Now I understand you believe that NFL draftees has nothing to do with talent - but most other folks somehow think there's a direct correlation. Funny how you're always ****ing against the wind, but I think I speak for everyone here - you're probably right and everyone else is wrong.

Then you just did it again with the dishonesty. ". . . despite UNC being a total haven for academic abuse during Mr. Davis's tenure."

Really? UNC already covered that. The State of North Carolina already covered that. The NCAA already covered that. Are you that dumb?

It wasn't under "Mr. Davis's" tenure. It was started in the nineties, and ran and ran, unknown to Butch, and proven to be so.

Oh. And if I hurt your feelings for calling you stupid, I apologize.

I thought you already knew.

UNC is better. You'll realize this when they hand our butts to us this season. Also,Butch beat us consistently when at UNC. You, sir, are full of it.

Franchise, I disregard the BS in your posts as you can't seem to make your point without an outright lie, misrepresentation, or fabrication. Don't take it personal, it's just my way of dealing with outright liars and other dishonest persons who continually exhibit a practice of deception and falsehoods.

It's a personality flaw of mine - I can't stand dishonest people.

The best lies are those that hold just a tiny grain of truth. Yes, he went 8-5, but your dishonesty is in no relating the conditions under which the 8-5 was thrust upon him.

Maybe you're just out of grade school and have no way of knowing many of these things. Maybe you can only read the raw numbers, but are completely incapable of discerning what you're reading, or you have a fractured personality which prevents basic analysis. Which just about anyone can compensate for by doing just a bit of reading.

Had you been a bit more informed on the teams in 2010, you'd realize that the conventional wisdom among analysts were as certain of UNC having ten wins, as they are convinced that FSU or Clemson will have ten wins this year. They may be wrong, but there's really no reasonable doubt with the talent and the trajectory their programs are on right now.

Same-Same with UNC in 2010. But he didn't get the chance with his whole team. If you think the talent wasn't there, a few months later, UNC tied USC with the most drafted into the NFL. Now I understand you believe that NFL draftees has nothing to do with talent - but most other folks somehow think there's a direct correlation. Funny how you're always ****ing against the wind, but I think I speak for everyone here - you're probably right and everyone else is wrong.

Then you just did it again with the dishonesty. ". . . despite UNC being a total haven for academic abuse during Mr. Davis's tenure."

Really? UNC already covered that. The State of North Carolina already covered that. The NCAA already covered that. Are you that dumb?

It wasn't under "Mr. Davis's" tenure. It was started in the nineties, and ran and ran, unknown to Butch, and proven to be so.

Oh. And if I hurt your feelings for calling you stupid, I apologize.

I thought you already knew.

I see you're still ignoring my posts, Archie.

I just hope to our dear God in heaven that you're not this emotional when you're doing your archery.

Advertisement
Back