O’s Eligibility Chart 8-20-2014

Ozone

Freshman
Premium
Fellow Canes -

Now that Fall Camp is in full swing I updated the eligibility chart.

Additions include the 2016 Class and new position player positions; plain OL and RB/WR.

The lone deletion was Nate Dortch.

Currently we stand at 79 scholarships. That number includes Nantambu-Akil Fentress and Garrett Kidd. I understand there is a quote out there where Fentress mentions that he considers himself a walk-on for this year. If that is in fact the case, the number could be 79 or even 78 if Kidd is also considered a walk-on this year. It appears the walk-ons that earned scholarships at the end of last season received those scholarships retroactively. I do not consider Raphael Akpejiori to be on a athletic scholarship until I hear otherwise.

Although the official roster in the past had Thurston Armbrister taking a redshirt in 2011, he is listed as a True Senior. The changed happened at the end of last season. If this changes again, I will update the chart accordingly.

For 2015 we currently stand at 88 scholarships. I expect us to have a full class again this year. Some players will go early to the NFL, some will be graduate / regular transfers, amongst a bevy of other possible scenarios. The numbers always work themselves out.

Since we know we have to account for at least 1 of the 9 scholarships per year I placed the maximum number of ships for the year to 84. I will adjust the scholarship reduction range (1-9) whenever solid information is available.

O’s Eligibility Chart 08202014.jpg

Advertisement
I would put Walton for 2016 at this point.

Also, I'm expecting King and Jones to be bolting sooner than later.

@mattyports: Golden said walk-on Nantambu Fentress had his scholarship renewed. Would not discuss others (Garrett Kidd earned one last year, for ex)

Advertisement
I really can see Gadbois, Olsen, Dmauri Jones, King, and Moore to all transfer following this yr.
Kidd better not have a scholarship, and Crow needs to get his pulled. Im sorry but he wont play and we need that scholarship.

Question, Tyler Grimley is on scholarship or a preferred walk on?

Advertisement
Still some dead weight on this roster that needs to be gone. Won't name names, but you all can guess.

Next two years we should have 82-84 guys on our roster but that probably won't happen with the heavy attrition trend recently

Advertisement
Next two years we should have 82-84 guys on our roster but that probably won't happen with the heavy attrition trend recently

It seems like walk-ons will take the scholarships of the suspended/expelled/transferred canes if the suspended/expelled/transferred canes were enrolled in the fall semester for the first day of classes or first game which ever was first.

It seems like walk-ons will take the scholarships of the suspended/expelled/transferred canes if the suspended/expelled/transferred canes were enrolled in the fall semester for the first day of classes or first game which ever was first.

Yeup the walkon players like kidd will probably get retroactive scholarships

Yeup the walkon players like kidd will probably get retroactive scholarships

good for them..they deserve it

Advertisement
How accurate is that eligibility chart has it been updated recently. I see Vogel getting one of those ships next year.

How accurate is that eligibility chart has it been updated recently. I see Vogel getting one of those ships next year.

last update was 8-20 and we just need to take off Hester & B sandland. Kidd May or not be a scholarship guy he will probably get a retroactive one at the end of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

last update was 8-20 and we just need to take off Hester & B sandland. Kidd May or not be a scholarship guy he will probably get a retroactive one at the end of the year.

Will Quan have three more years, will Kc McDermott going to be a medical RS?

Advertisement
Back