Nysier Brooks

Consigliere has a very valid question. Originally, I thought the reason for no waiver request was that Brooks needed "recovery time" from some surgery/injury. That made sense. Then, L plays him on the Italian "tour." Which made that rationale look silly.

It isn't. No one can question an irrational and illogical decision.

Advertisement
This board is the whiniest group of unappreciative fans I have ever seen.

I tried to bring some info and perspective... and was met with rounds of hyperventilating idiocy.

I’d suggest sharing insight with a board that can comprehend the physical difference between playing a few minutes in a few exhibition games and playing a full season.

I think the difference is the difference between being hurt and being injured. Most players say they can play hurt but being injured requires them to sit out. That is why team have an injury list for players who will not play in the game.

LOL. Why so serious? Joker voice. SMH.

Since my arrival, I have noticed there are two types of people on this board.

A. Those who accept everything they hear and never think.

and

B. Those who hear, think and respond with a question when inaccuracies occur in previous statements.

Some people who want to call me names are holding on to a college basketball world that no longer exist. The NCAA has established a pattern that they will grant most player request as long as it does not require the player getting paid. I have yet to figure out how asking a question of "did Miami apply for a transfer waiver" when most other schools who have transfer players applied for a waiver. I am not asking Miami to do anything illegal, I am asking if Miami did what is the "new normal". Players don't have to sit out for a year any longer as long as transfer waivers are more normal than ever. I have done all of the heavy lifting. I found the reason why Nysier Brooks should apply for the waiver (coaching change) and get approved by NCAA standards. At this point, someone just needs to ask the question, especially those with a source close to the program.

I find it funny and interesting that a logical question cause such a stir. I still wonder why the media and some fans are avoiding the elephant in the room. All someone has to do is ask and all the coaching staff has to do is answer the question....honesty.

LOL. I will move on once my question is answered. I will never apologize for asking a question.

If a question offends you then the problem is not with me, the issue is probably with those keeping information from you.

Advertisement
"Yes, I'm not playing this year, but I'm just trying to impact the team, giving them the best knowledge I know about winning. It may seem a little different with me sitting on the sideline, but I'm a person who has played the game for a while and I hope they can take my advice into consideration because I'm not trying to steer them in the wrong way," Brooks continued.

From the horse's mouth

Maybe he wanted to just take this year off to get better like Zach McCloud. Seems like he would have been a lot of help this year.

Advertisement
No disrespect to Nysier but essentially, the coaching staff is waiting on a guy to sit out to be what the coaches hope Rodney Miller will be this season. The coaches gave a scholarship to Nysier knowing Rodney is unproven and Deng Gak is recovering from an ACL injury. Nysier sounds like a good kid with good intentions. I am sure he will help with the development and bring leadership to the team. If this is the route the coaches really wanted to take then they should have used the other two available scholarships on grad transfers who could have actually played this season and helped the team on the court.

Roster management is considered a bad term by some people on this board but this is another example of the roster management issues with this coaching staff. Essentially, the coaches think it is acceptable to have one really good year every four years. That is a mid major philosophy and not a Power 5 school approach to a basketball season. Yes, I agree, Coach L is the best coach Miami has had but that is mostly due to the failure of the large majority of the coaches that were here before him.

No disrespect to Nysier but essentially, the coaching staff is waiting on a guy to sit out to be what the coaches hope Rodney Miller will be this season. The coaches gave a scholarship to Nysier knowing Rodney is unproven and Deng Gak is recovering from an ACL injury. Nysier sounds like a good kid with good intentions. I am sure he will help with the development and bring leadership to the team. If this is the route the coaches really wanted to take then they should have used the other two available scholarships on grad transfers who could have actually played this season and helped the team on the court.

Roster management is considered a bad term by some people on this board but this is another example of the roster management issues with this coaching staff. Essentially, the coaches think it is acceptable to have one really good year every four years. That is a mid major philosophy and not a Power 5 school approach to a basketball season. Yes, I agree, Coach L is the best coach Miami has had but that is mostly due to the failure of the large majority of the coaches that were here before him.
It's frustrating more than anything.

If this is the route the coaches really wanted to take then they should have used the other two available scholarships on grad transfers who could have actually played this season and helped the team on the court.

They should have done this regardless of Brooks. At the very least, bring in some fillers. Bring in another player who needs to sit out. Bring in someone.

Roster management is considered a bad term by some people on this board but this is another example of the roster management issues with this coaching staff.

Don't worry about the Potatoes on this board. These roster management issues have been there for along time and they were here before the FBI. I don't understand why it ruffles their tampons but...it doesn't matter.

Even if Brooks received a waiver, even if he was seriously injured, even if he was was Jesus Shuttlesworth...use the scholarships. At least use more of them.

They should have done this regardless of Brooks. At the very least, bring in some fillers. Bring in another player who needs to sit out. Bring in someone.

Don't worry about the Potatoes on this board. These roster management issues have been there for along time and they were here before the FBI. I don't understand why it ruffles their tampons but...it doesn't matter.

Even if Brooks received a waiver, even if he was seriously injured, even if he was was Jesus Shuttlesworth...use the scholarships. At least use more of them.

Thank you for your support as you are one of the people who fully understand my issue with roster management and using all 13 scholarships every year.

Advertisement

This is very interesting as he played at Kansas last season and now he is playing at Houston without sitting out. I guess sit out transfer rules don't apply to everyone, especially if you apply for a transfer waiver.

So officially, Miami never applied for a waiver for Nysier Brooks so the plan is for Coach L to have a good season next year. Coach L believes it takes 3 years to have one really good year. This will give him 3 really good years in the decade he has been at Miami.

I will give him credit, he has stuck to his mid major model, which most mid majors don't even follow any longer.

Da_Lucky_One wrote:

So officially, Miami never applied for a waiver for Nysier Brooks so the plan is for Coach L to have a good season next year. Coach L believes it takes 3 years to have one really good year. This will give him 3 really good years in the decade he has been at Miami.

I will give him credit, he has stuck to his mid major model, which most mid majors don't even follow any longer.
[/QUOTE]
I wonder if that is by choice or necessity? With a few welcomed exceptions, recruiting top HS talent has always been like pulling teeth with this program (forever, not just under Coach L).

Advertisement
Da_Lucky_One wrote:

I wonder if that is by choice or necessity? With a few welcomed exceptions, recruiting top HS talent has always been like pulling teeth with this program (forever, not just under Coach L).
[/QUOTE]

My opinion, by choice. If we are being honest, Coach L has been at Miami 9 seasons and Miami almost never has any in-state kids on the roster. Miami has limited their recruiting areas to DMV, Philadelphia and the Northeast. It has been probably 6 years since Coach L has used all 13 scholarships.

I have a saying, you cannot be a victim when you control the circumstances.

Advertisement
Back