Nyjalik Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Said for last 2 years I just didn’t see it. Injuries didn’t help. Still surprised as o thought he could be a situational pass rusher.

He had so much hype and is still young. Curious did he just quit or did he get pushed out? The DE room isn’t loaded.

Advertisement
Sucks to lose him. Best of luck to him moving forward. I will choose free will.

Advertisement
Surprised he’s leaving - I wonder what sparked this? Coming off injury did he expect to be a starter or was this a mutual parting of ways?

Chase Smith and Elijah Arroyo suffered torn ACLs in 2022 and they each disappeared almost completely in 2023, and are still wearing bulky knee braces in mid-2024. Bolts fly out of their knees whenever they make a cut. Citizen suffered "a setback" in his recovery. I wonder what that entailed. There are dozens of similar cases where a player is injured and misses 18 months with no valid reason attached. The UHellth surgeons might not be the problem but the recovery for these players is almost never swift. Hardin, Richards, Young, Wilder and others suffered neck trauma but that issue seems to have gone away.
I think that’s more to do with the hospital being good and making the players take the appropriate amount of time for recovery and not letting them being rushed back.

Hard to call him a bust since he could never stay healthy
I meant to put it in the portal thread my bad.

But for me personally, it’s more of an overarching theme with non-impact guys from that class despite the stars. It’s not really anyone’s fault in Kelly’s case cause like you said, he battled injuries.

Advertisement
Screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_7619.jpeg
    IMG_7619.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back