Nyjalik Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Oates did nothing but ride Hall’s coattails.
Easy man.. John Oates has killed men for less.. 👀
IMG_9377.gif

Oates did nothing but ride Hall’s coattails.

Although Oates's main role in the duo is being the guitarist, he also co-wrote many of the top 10 songs that they recorded, including: "Sara Smile" (referring to Hall's then-girlfriend, Sara Allen), "She's Gone", and "Out of Touch", as well as "You Make My Dreams", "I Can't Go for That (No Can Do)", "Maneater", and "Adult Education". He also sang lead vocals on several more singles in the Hot 100, such as "How Does It Feel to Be Back", "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" (a remake of the 1965 song performed by the Righteous Brothers), and "Possession Obsession".

Advertisement
U health is why we have the money to compete

Exactly! UGA is trying to get approval for there own medical hospital.
Lol Uhealth was built on money the football team made in the late 90s and 2000s that we didn’t put back into the football team. Had we put money into both, we woul have 10x the money we have now. Shalala put no money into athletics. No money for facilities or salaries for the staff. If it wasn’t for Covid money we would still be broke af.

Although Oates's main role in the duo is being the guitarist, he also co-wrote many of the top 10 songs that they recorded, including: "Sara Smile" (referring to Hall's then-girlfriend, Sara Allen), "She's Gone", and "Out of Touch", as well as "You Make My Dreams", "I Can't Go for That (No Can Do)", "Maneater", and "Adult Education". He also sang lead vocals on several more singles in the Hot 100, such as "How Does It Feel to Be Back", "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" (a remake of the 1965 song performed by the Righteous Brothers), and "Possession Obsession".
Rhythm acoustic is all I ever saw Oates play and it was Hall’s vocals that carried the “duo”. I like some of their catchy tunes but was never impressed with Oates.

Advertisement
Rhythm acoustic is all I ever saw Oates play and it was Hall’s vocals that carried the “duo”. I like some of their catchy tunes but was never impressed with Oates.
Hall and Oates was my mothers favorite musical group, so growing up, I had the displeasure of hearing them constantly until I was old enough to have my own stereo and began banging it out to the Misfits.........

Hall and Oates was my mothers favorite musical group, so growing up, I had the displeasure of hearing them constantly until I was old enough to have my own stereo and began banging it out to the Misfits.........
Hall has a show on AXS TV called Darryl’s House. . I watch occasionally when he has a guest worthy of my time. One of my favorites was with Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top.

Some of their songs have catchy tunes but their not something I want to hear incessantly.

Advertisement
A new low? This is CIS101.

Maybe you just don't like it here.. or life in general. The Mad Cane. Get some joy in your heart. Turn on some Hall & Oates this morning and tell me you can stay angry.. Just can't.
read themadcane quickly and thought it said themaneater .... almost explained his issue with diving in to Hall & Oates

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol Uhealth was built on money the football team made in the late 90s and 2000s that we didn’t put back into the football team. Had we put money into both, we woul have 10x the money we have now. Shalala put no money into athletics. No money for facilities or salaries for the staff. If it wasn’t for Covid money we would still be broke af.

This simply is not true.

First, the football team was not making a lot of money in the late 90s and 2000s. That's a fact. The very first time we had ANY stable Athletics income was when we joined the ACC. When we were in the Big East, it was feast or famine, due to the payout structure. Oh, and the University FUNDED the Athletic Department during those lean probationary times.

Second, Donna Shalala absolutely funded athletics. She pushed for the IPF. She got the arena built (FINALLY!). She pushed for Miami to join the ACC (and was sued for it). HOWEVER, she absolutely believed in hiring "up-and-comers" in a lot of roles, and YES, those people do not command higher salaries. But the facilities and budgets increased under Donna Shalala, they did NOT decrease. If you want to argue for increasing those budgets MORE, I would simply ask where the money would have come from. Because Shalala was absolutely NOT taking money OUT OF Athletics. If anything, UM occasionally covered Athletic deficits out of the UM general operating budget.

Third, the acquisition of UHealth (it was acquired, not built) came from UM operating funds as well.

As for the COVID money, I'm not going to argue, COVID revenue certainly helped. But Joe Echevarria was already turning things around on the operational side, even before COVID.

Don't even get me started on Garfunkel

This one I can agree with. Art didn't do jack-****, except to sing like an angel.

Paul was absolutely, positively doing all the heavy lifting. And Art's arrogance and sense of entitlement about the unequal contributions is what broke them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back