2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's the thing, let him decide what he wants. He needs really good people around him that care about what he wants and what's best from him. When he figures that out if he hasn't already, he'll be the best version of himself. If he really wants to be a track athlete vs football player that will show in his play. If he's half hearted about the field, it doesn't do him or whatever college he chooses any good. If we wants to play now and go academics later than more power to him. Just needs to make the right decision for self and not feel obligated to make one based on his elite physical prowess. Rob Smith said " you can make more money with your mind than your body" and that resonates with me always particularly when I see intelligent black athletes. You can do one or do both, don't feel the need to be pigeonholed. I'd love to have him in this class but for the right reasons. We sure as **** could use him.
You can tell by his highlights and his academics that he does not slack. He goes in in most facets of his life.

Advertisement
8F655D4D-BDE0-459D-ADD5-13682BDA6A99.jpeg

Yessssir……..🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿….Mario CRISTOBAL is amazing…..truly much respect, to the coaching staff as well amazing anything is possible ….WE definitely have a shot with Nicholas Harbor now especially because of the medical program at UM he wants to be in the medical field and UM has that it’s amazing that’s a plus as well in our fav along with the weather … quietly Nicholas harbor favorite team growing up is Miami Hurricanes because of Sean taylor, Santana moss ECT…redskins😃👍🏾 🧡💚🖐🏾⭐👍🏾💪🏿🙌🏿

Last edited:
The kid has never visited here

Me saying I don’t count Mario out is very much a glass more than half full stance

Man you guys are weird af sometimes so fragile about questioning Mario about anything that you invent things

not at all mate, it's the way nervous gents straddle the post on an anonymous blog.

Mario is gonna do him no matter what anyone here (including me) thinks or says and doesn't need a champion.

Kid is more Myron Rolle than Javon Kerse which is not a bad thing. I get the impression he plays sports because he’s physically able to but his heart lies in academics which is awesome. If I knew him personally, I’d steer him more towards a school where athletics is secondary to academics. We need more neurosurgeons than football players for the future. Maybe he finds a cure for CTE.
Nah...

He has physical gifts most brain mechanics would laugh at him for wasting in an operating room during the peak of his athleticism; he can spend his entire post-athletic life pursuing a medical degree.

He should allow his physical abilities to open doors and see the world before dedicating himself to such a selfish profession.

Advertisement
Nah...

He has physical gifts most brain mechanics would laugh at him for wasting in an operating room during the peak of his athleticism; he can spend his entire post-athletic life pursuing a medical degree.

He should allow his physical abilities to open doors and see the world before dedicating himself to such a selfish profession.
Maybe… whatever he chooses..

I know he wants to play WR but why not play both but he deff can be DK Metcalf idk if edge is his thing didn’t produce too well in Hs Ik he’s raw but that position need physicality and want to. If he thinks he’s more WR idk if he can play on the DL that’s 2 different mentals

Advertisement
While the majority of Miami fans are all over what’s going on with top recruit Cormani McClain and that’s understandable, he’s not the only remaining big-time recruit that’s unsigned.

Washington (D.C.) Archbishop Carroll elite edge defender Nyckoles Harbor has already received an offer from about every major college football program. From the likes of Alabama to Ohio State to Southern California to Texas to Miami, he’s probably over 50 offers in total. That has not made Harbor’s final college choice easy. Especially when he’s a world-class sprinter in addition to his gridiron talents.

2023 Reel Freak List featuring the top 1% of HSFB prospects with elite in-game athleticism.
Nyckoles Harbor EDGE/TE (6”5’, 225) has the fastest max speed on record for any athlete taller than 6-2, with a verified max speed of 22.1 mph #ReelAnalytics

At 6-foot-5 and 225 pounds, it’s incredible that he’s been competing with track athletes that sometimes weigh 50 pounds less than him, let alone winning some of those events.
At the Under Armour All-American Game media event, here’s what he had to say about his still ongoing recruitment, including what’s in the works with the Miami football program.

Let’s start from back in the summer, when Miami was one of the frontrunners for his services and then, suddenly, were not anymore.

“Some coaches just started pushing harder than them (Miami),” Harbor began. “You know, that just happens. I took other visits. You know, I think the visits…me taking visits to other places than Miami, kind of like, dropped them down.

As for Miami still being in the recruitment for Harbor, here’s what he had to say in his own words.

“They (Miami) have always been there from the start. We are going to try and get out there (to Miami for a visit). Hopefully we do, but if we can’t, we can’t. But if we do, we do.”

To confirm, Harbor was asked if he was still trying to take a visit to Miami before National Signing Day on Feb. 1?

“Yeah.”

Harbor already took official visits to South Carolina (Sep. 16), Michigan (Sep. 23), and Maryland (Dec. 22), and has lined up a trip to Oregon (Jan. 27). That has left him with one more visit to take. So, technically, yes he could still visit Miami as he still has another visit he can use.

“I already visited everybody else once for real. But, Miami is going to be another one.”

He’s already built relationships with the Miami staff, too.

“Coach Cristobal, coach Taylor, and I had a relationship with Ed Reed, but (he took the Bethune-Cookman job).”

If the Canes actually get Harbor on campus for a visit, anything is possible.

Advertisement
not at all mate, it's the way nervous gents straddle the post on an anonymous blog.

Mario is gonna do him no matter what anyone here (including me) thinks or says and doesn't need a champion.
I like how easily you judge someone else on a message board that you don’t know

“Nervous”?

I hope you don’t walk around real life like this. And this place isn’t anonymous, plenty of us here know eachother. It’s not a big deal.

While the majority of Miami fans are all over what’s going on with top recruit Cormani McClain and that’s understandable, he’s not the only remaining big-time recruit that’s unsigned.

Washington (D.C.) Archbishop Carroll elite edge defender Nyckoles Harbor has already received an offer from about every major college football program. From the likes of Alabama to Ohio State to Southern California to Texas to Miami, he’s probably over 50 offers in total. That has not made Harbor’s final college choice easy. Especially when he’s a world-class sprinter in addition to his gridiron talents.

2023 Reel Freak List featuring the top 1% of HSFB prospects with elite in-game athleticism.
Nyckoles Harbor EDGE/TE (6”5’, 225) has the fastest max speed on record for any athlete taller than 6-2, with a verified max speed of 22.1 mph #ReelAnalytics

At 6-foot-5 and 225 pounds, it’s incredible that he’s been competing with track athletes that sometimes weigh 50 pounds less than him, let alone winning some of those events.
At the Under Armour All-American Game media event, here’s what he had to say about his still ongoing recruitment, including what’s in the works with the Miami football program.

Let’s start from back in the summer, when Miami was one of the frontrunners for his services and then, suddenly, were not anymore.

“Some coaches just started pushing harder than them (Miami),” Harbor began. “You know, that just happens. I took other visits. You know, I think the visits…me taking visits to other places than Miami, kind of like, dropped them down.

As for Miami still being in the recruitment for Harbor, here’s what he had to say in his own words.

“They (Miami) have always been there from the start. We are going to try and get out there (to Miami for a visit). Hopefully we do, but if we can’t, we can’t. But if we do, we do.”

To confirm, Harbor was asked if he was still trying to take a visit to Miami before National Signing Day on Feb. 1?

“Yeah.”

Harbor already took official visits to South Carolina (Sep. 16), Michigan (Sep. 23), and Maryland (Dec. 22), and has lined up a trip to Oregon (Jan. 27). That has left him with one more visit to take. So, technically, yes he could still visit Miami as he still has another visit he can use.

“I already visited everybody else once for real. But, Miami is going to be another one.”

He’s already built relationships with the Miami staff, too.

“Coach Cristobal, coach Taylor, and I had a relationship with Ed Reed, but (he took the Bethune-Cookman job).”

If the Canes actually get Harbor on campus for a visit, anything is possible.

Doesn't sound like we have a shot with him.

Advertisement
Harbor has amazing measurables, but who would we sit so he could get on the field at TE?

Riley? No.
Arroyo? Absolutely NOT.
Skinner? No.
Carver.. maybe.. but I think Carver may be further ahead in his development already.

My points is, this kid seems like an uber-athletic kid, who happens to play football. He appears to be more interested in track, and I say that because he has all the measurements to be all-world rush OLB, but, because doesn't have the time to commit to learning the position. But, he's made time to train enough to hit PRs on the track.

Whether he plays TE, WR, LB, DE.. who would he play over here?

And I ask that hoping you all keep in mind that he plans to run track too at the next level. Can he commit to football, like he will need to?

14 Personnel, duh 🤣🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back