2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yeah nah! More people become neurosurgeons than nfl players lol. Any dweeb can do that hahahaha. I’m just joking but let the kid choose what he wants.. it’s not like he can’t be one after (and take private classes during) football lol
And that's the thing, let him decide what he wants. He needs really good people around him that care about what he wants and what's best from him. When he figures that out if he hasn't already, he'll be the best version of himself. If he really wants to be a track athlete vs football player that will show in his play. If he's half hearted about the field, it doesn't do him or whatever college he chooses any good. If we wants to play now and go academics later than more power to him. Just needs to make the right decision for self and not feel obligated to make one based on his elite physical prowess. Rob Smith said " you can make more money with your mind than your body" and that resonates with me always particularly when I see intelligent black athletes. You can do one or do both, don't feel the need to be pigeonholed. I'd love to have him in this class but for the right reasons. We sure as **** could use him.

Advertisement
Harbor has amazing measurables, but who would we sit so he could get on the field at TE?

Riley? No.
Arroyo? Absolutely NOT.
Skinner? No.
Carver.. maybe.. but I think Carver may be further ahead in his development already.

My points is, this kid seems like an uber-athletic kid, who happens to play football. He appears to be more interested in track, and I say that because he has all the measurements to be all-world rush OLB, but, because doesn't have the time to commit to learning the position. But, he's made time to train enough to hit PRs on the track.

Whether he plays TE, WR, LB, DE.. who would he play over here?

And I ask that hoping you all keep in mind that he plans to run track too at the next level. Can he commit to football, like he will need to?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Harbor is amazing measurables, but who would we sit so he could get on the field at TE?

Riley? No.
Arroyo? Absolutely NOT.
Skinner? No.
Carver.. maybe.. but I think Carver may be further ahead in his development already.

My points is, this kid seems like an uber-athletic kid, who happens to play football. He appeears to be more interested in track, and I say that because he has all the measurements to be all-world rush OLB, but, because doesn't have the time to commit to learning the position. But, he's made time to train enough to hit PRs on the track.

And I ask that hoping you all keep in mind that he plans to run track too at the next level. Can he commit to football, like he will need to?
Arroyo is coming off a significant knee injury would imagine hes not 100% next year. Carver is going to take awhile to be developed as well the difference is Harbor can take a pass the distance which is something we didn't have. None of it matter though unless he visits. But with as bad as our offense was with explosive plays think it would be a bad look to say nah to a player that could be explosive.

Harbor is amazing measurables, but who would we sit so he could get on the field at TE?

Riley? No.
Arroyo? Absolutely NOT.
Skinner? No.

My points is, this kid seems like an uber-athletic kid, who happens to play football. He appeears to be more interested in track, and I say that because he has all the measurements to be all-world rush OLB, but, because doesn't have the time to commit to learning the position. But, he's made time to train enough to hit PRs on the track.

You can always find a role for an athlete like him if he's willing to put in the work. Moreover, most quality kids are an injury away from seeing major minutes. We need players like this on roster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1672351144603.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back