2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I don't know know his ability to read offenses but if he really don't wanna gain weight for track. Try him at WR, if that don't work sell him on playing deep eraser safety.

Advertisement
I'll give you a prime example. Anquan Boldin coming out of high school, Bowden swore up and down they'd give him a shot at quarterback. And, they did. His first camp he got to run a little bit with the quarterbacks. He quickly realized he was completely out of his depth, even going against Chris Rix, and permanently moved to receiver without a fight, notwithstanding filling in that one ridiculous Sugar Bowl vs UGA in like '04. Coker, on the other hand, was adamant that he was going to be a receiver from day one. Never even gave him the option.

This all day.

You bring these types in as athletes. Give them a fair shot at their desired position. These guys hate failure and most will switch without complaint.

Advertisement
That's not true. If he comes to UM Ed Reed might become an important mentor to him.
the-joke-is-over-your-head-the-joke.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
DE or TE...Not WR imo

I don't see a DE. He's an exceptional, generational, talent with zero pass rush moves. I don't think he's going to beat a P5 OT with just his straight line speed. And, he's going to have to put on some size, to hold up against the run, which would be counter-productive to his track career.

Whatever position he decides on, he'll have to put in the time to learn the position, which he probably won't have cause he'll have to train for track every off-season.

I don't see a DE. He's an exceptional, generational, talent with zero pass rush moves. I don't think he's going to beat a P5 OT with just his straight line speed. And, he's going to have to put on some size, to hold up against the run, which would be counter-productive to his track career.

Whatever position he decides on, he'll have to put in the time to learn the position, which he probably won't have cause he'll have to train for track every off-season.

Agree. One of the classic positionless athletic freaks that are a bit of a crap shoot. You take the kid and then figure out the rest later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back