2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Miami won the ACC title for women. Miami track doesn't suck they just dont have as many as other teams to win NCAA. The track coach has coached USA Olympic teams. Track is an individual sport, if he comes here he will be as ok as anywhere else.

Ehhh, not trying to be a dyck, but our track is not up to par.

Using the ACC as a gage is not really the best as they were a no show at the Outdoor Nationals this yr in both women & men events. Also, track is an individual sport, but its based upon team success. Our Men’s team was ranked 13th to start the outdoor season & finished 50th. Our women’s squad started 23rd & finished 57th. We were no where to be found on the indoor circuit, nationally.

Ehhh, not trying to be a dyck, but our track is not up to par.

Using the ACC as a gage is not really the best as they were a no show at the Outdoor Nationals this yr in both women & men events. Also, track is an individual sport, but its based upon team success. Our Men’s team was ranked 13th to start the outdoor season & finished 50th. Our women’s squad started 23rd & finished 57th. We were no where to be found on the indoor circuit, nationally.
Like i said Miami doesn’t have the numbers or recruit the caliber of athletes to make them relevant team wise nationally. Thats not a coaching issue. You want a sport that relies on 5 star talent? Track

Like i said Miami doesn’t have the numbers or recruit the caliber of athletes to make them relevant team wise nationally. Thats not a coaching issue. You want a sport that relies on 5 star talent? Track

Wait a minute; u’re double talking right now. This argument have been used for **** near every program: it’s not the coaching, it’s not having the caliber of athletes. All I know right now, the T&F program is not up to par, so any kid who’s serious about T&F is not choosing Miami as its destination.

Advertisement
Wait a minute; u’re double talking right now. This argument have been used for **** near every program: it’s not the coaching, it’s not having the caliber of athletes. All I know right now, the T&F program is not up to par, so any kid who’s serious about T&F is not choosing Miami as its destination.
Track and football are not the same thing. I ran track in high school and college, man either fast or they not or whatever. Countless number of times freshman are the best track athletes. They even go pro from high school. Track is 100% recruiting. Miami is a private school and i don't know what level of schollies they give to track. Can you pay 50% of Miami tuition?

Track and football are not the same thing. I ran track in high school and college, man either fast or they not or whatever. Countless number of times freshman are the best track athletes. They even go pro from high school. Track is 100% recruiting. Miami is a private school and i don't know what level of schollies they give to track. Can you pay 50% of Miami tuition?

Yeah, I agree. It’s either u’re fast or not w/ track. And if u r fast, u can definitely improve w/ the proper coaching, nutrition, regimen etc. I, too, was a track guy in HS (100 & 200).

That’s an interesting question regarding the scholly aspect for Miami’s T&F; that I don’t know. But if it’s a partial, I can imagine that would deter some of the best for choosing a state school vs. Miami.

Yeah, I agree. It’s either u’re fast or not w/ track. And if u r fast, u can definitely improve w/ the proper coaching, nutrition, regimen etc. I, too, was a track guy in HS (100 & 200).

That’s an interesting question regarding the scholly aspect for Miami’s T&F; that I don’t know. But if it’s a partial, I can imagine that would deter some of the best for choosing a state school vs. Miami.
Precisely which is why im saying we struggle to recruit like SEC schools, they can offer a partial and govt pay the rest of the tuition. You don't have that luxury at Miami unless they pay the whole of it. So that's why our numbers dont add up to challenge for a national title. Im not certain which private schools are up there in track nationally. Would have to see their approach if there is one.

Precisely which is why im saying we struggle to recruit like SEC schools, they can offer a partial and govt pay the rest of the tuition. You don't have that luxury at Miami unless they pay the whole of it. So that's why our numbers dont add up to challenge for a national title. Im not certain which private schools are up there in track nationally. Would have to see their approach if there is one.

Here were the Finals Rankings (Top 25):
UF #1 in both men & women this yr (double Nat’l Champions)

Men (Private Schools):
Princeton # 7
Stanford # 8
USC #12
Baylor #18

Women (Private Schools):
Stanford #18
Duke #21

Advertisement
The men's squad is not good at all. There isn't a single men's T&F athlete you can point to that went here in the last long *** time as some example of why he should ply his trade here.

We had one that saw television time at this year's outdoors. In today's society, image is everything. We are literally a non-factor at the national level and beyond in the professional ranks.

There's also the competition factor. T&F athletes, when pushed, put up better times. He'd literally have nobody to push him from day one of setting foot on campus.

Money isn't an excuse either. That may have been true in the past, but with NIL, it's no longer true whatsoever.

He very well may love the campus. Mario and the rest of the satff, they could be his guys. If T&F factors in though, there's zero chance he'll be here in the end.

It’s always a beginning , when Howard Schnellenberger came to UM the program was not good at all but with the vision and a confident plan UM became a factor, track and field may not be but it can be or become to be that all it takes is that leap of faith that person to UM Making change building the program Track and Field…. Anything is possible … positivity 💪🏿👍🏾🖐🏾🧡💚🙌🏿👀

Last edited:
Better to get the last visit than first… Mario usually demands/pushes for them for good reason

This is big time piece if we can get him in the fold… I’m sure this is one of Mario’s personal recruits
Chess!

T&F is an individual sport. It doesn’t matter how good the team is cause HE is an Olympic type runner his **** self. I ain’t never heard no **** college team make the Olympics as a group so who cares!?

Clearly we are a contender in his recruitment and clearly Mario gets things done..cool on out and enjoy these battles folks.

Advertisement
Looks like Nah. Ablak's son goes to school w/him. He said on tonight's Maxed Out that they've got a track even this weekend otherwise he'd be at Legends.

****, sucks. Kid has an insane schedule. Hopefully he can make it on a fall OV!

Advertisement
I’m not a insider I’m just a friend of a friend of a friend ….
friend zone bip GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

Looks like Nah. Ablak's son goes to school w/him. He said on tonight's Maxed Out that they've got a track even this weekend otherwise he'd be at Legends.

I believe it but it's weird because usually these events are scheduled out so are you telling me he planned his visit and then a kid on the track team told him "Hey we have a meet that weekend"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back