Nyair Graham offered

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like this kids motor, speed and passion. Plays smart with good leverage, attacking the ball with the proper angles. He plays well in space and off the edge. He tackles with force. Diagnoses plays quickly and uses his hands well to shed blockers. He's not that big at only six feet tall. His best weight will be in the 215-220 lb range so he maintains his quickness, speed. He's a WLB in my opinion. I didn't see enough in that clip to suggest he can cover in man. I'm sure the staff wants to get him to paradise camp competing against SoFla athletes.

Last edited:
2a1093_dc74d1ff658c405087cd1b7059a48090~mv2.gif

Advertisement
Camden (NJ) High School Class of 2022 OLB Nyair Graham added a Miami Hurricanes scholarship offer

“I just got it,” Graham said. “It was my fifth offer. My coach texted me to call coach (Jonathan) Patke. I was talking to coach Patke, he was talking to me about my grades (3.5 GPA), said at the Pleasantville game when the shooting happened he was looking to offer me then [Patke was on hand evaluating that game]. But he’d been looking at my film, liked how I fly to the ball and am very aggressive. He said they’d like to get me to Miami as soon as possible, that I remind them of Tirek Austin-Cave, who is there (from Camden High). And they offered.”

Austin-Cave is a freshman who reported to Miami for the spring semester, and Graham says he’s in regular touch with the new Cane.

Including today after he added the Miami offer.

“(Austin-Cave) congratulated me on the offer, told me he loved me, that I’m up next,” Graham said. “He always made me better as a teammate. And he told me that Miami was the best fit for him, that they don’t sell dreams, that everything about it was different.”

Graham’s reaction to today’s offer?

“It was very unexpected,” Graham said. “I saw the coaches followed me on Twitter, so I thought they’d offer. but I was very excited.”

With the offer, Graham says he has a new frontrunner.

Previously it was Syracuse.

Now it’s the Canes.

“Miami’s shown a lot of interest in me,” Graham said. “That’s my top two, and I’d say Miami is in front.”

Why are the canes the frontrunner?

“I always used to watch Miami, like the atmosphere, it’s hot there, the palm trees, and my teammate goes there,” Graham said.

Advertisement
Pipelines into NY/NJ, Georgia, Louisiana, and Texas all sound great. A couple kids every cycle from each of those regions would mitigate some of the drama we've experienced in staying primarily in SoFla. Likens also seems determined to land kids from Cali & Arizona.

Pipelines into NY/NJ, Georgia, Louisiana, and Texas all sound great. A couple kids every cycle from each of those regions would mitigate some of the drama we've experienced in staying primarily in SoFla. Likens also seems determined to land kids from Cali & Arizona.

Its not about determined, its recruiting the areas you already know the in-roads.

Advertisement
I said the same thing the other day. We should make a concerted effort to land a few kids from Louisiana, Texas and California every year. Throw in a couple from the DMV/Jersey area as well and then land the right guys here in Florida/South Florida and you're cooking with gas!

Shidddd, let's keep this Camden High LB thang goin' then!!! First of all, the kid definitely has the requisite athleticism and murderous intent of a productive Cane LB. Seems like he's pretty close to TAC and they may have the same personality type. Early on, it looks like the same factors that reeled Tirek in for us are very attractive to Graham. My money is on this kid wearing Orange & Green in college. TAC was virtually in the bag after we offered and turned up the heat, and at this stage Graham's recruitment is looking eerily similar...

Advertisement
Back