Nunn Makes it Official

Advertisement
Nunn reminds me of Corn Elder coming out of HS. Looks like a smooth athlete and would be awesome if he turned out to be the DB Corn was.

I remember Ricardo Allen's recruitment. Pretty good family friend coached him in HS at Mainland and said Ricardo always wanted to go to Miami. Not sure we ever offered him and he went to Purdue and had a really good career there and is having a good career with the Falcons until he got hurt this year. The Nunn situation was something I was hoping wouldn't turn out like Ricardo Allen. Thankfully it hasn't with this news.

Ricardo was like 5'9 and the staff at the time didnt recruit corners under 6'0. Complete BS. I remember that kids recruitment. Glad he turned out to be a player

Ricardo was like 5'9 and the staff at the time didnt recruit corners under 6'0. Complete BS. I remember that kids recruitment. Glad he turned out to be a player

This. I am 99% sure we didn't offer him and I remember him wanting an offer. Smh.

That said, Nunn has good size, great speed, and came to Paradise Camp and showed his skills. Didn't sit on the sidelines and observe he competed and showed his worth. Then he preceded to also prove it so far his Sr year as it seems like from the updates he is really having a breakout year on both sides of the ball. This safety class is elite in my eyes IF we can add TS.

I am hoping that Ivey/Frieson/Blades take that "sophomore quantum leap" next year like Bandy clearly has because I am not completely blown away by this CB class. They are good players but there isn't the "alpha" guy out of Couch and Brownlee. Hope we add one more that is plug and play either from JUCO or grad transfer or maybe we get lucky and ADent listens to his mom, stays home and he falls into our lap. (not likely but still)

We instead recruited several stud CBs...

Keion Payne, Devonta Davis, and I believe captain of the all-**** up team Latwaan Anderson.

I am excited as **** to pick up Nunn!

Advertisement
I remember Ricardo Allen's recruitment. Pretty good family friend coached him in HS at Mainland and said Ricardo always wanted to go to Miami. Not sure we ever offered him and he went to Purdue and had a really good career there and is having a good career with the Falcons until he got hurt this year. The Nunn situation was something I was hoping wouldn't turn out like Ricardo Allen. Thankfully it hasn't with this news.
So mad about ricardo allen most people on scout didnt understand why he did not have an offer.

This. I am 99% sure we didn't offer him and I remember him wanting an offer. Smh.

That said, Nunn has good size, great speed, and came to Paradise Camp and showed his skills. Didn't sit on the sidelines and observe he competed and showed his worth. Then he preceded to also prove it so far his Sr year as it seems like from the updates he is really having a breakout year on both sides of the ball. This safety class is elite in my eyes IF we can add TS.

I am hoping that Ivey/Frieson/Blades take that "sophomore quantum leap" next year like Bandy clearly has because I am not completely blown away by this CB class. They are good players but there isn't the "alpha" guy out of Couch and Brownlee. Hope we add one more that is plug and play either from JUCO or grad transfer or maybe we get lucky and ADent listens to his mom, stays home and he falls into our lap. (not likely but still)
U sleeping on brownleee

I agree though Dent is a elite prospect that we cant get for some reason. If we add TS im good

Advertisement
Told yall...Richt and Banda got the Mom and family on board.. plus it doesnt hurt with Rique at all....TRUST ME

You've piqued my interest...

Robert-De-Niro-Smoking-In-Goodfellas.gif

Advertisement
S/O to Coach Banda for the flip.

Nunn is a beast, has good size & frame to grow at 6'0 175lbs, has good 4.4/4.5 speed, pretty good ball skills & can tackle really well. He fits perfect into that Redwine role in this Defense, kid gets to the ball & has good athletic ability.

Nunn & Keontra will add good depth to our Safety backfield next year & hopefully push Knowles to the bench permanently.

Welcome to The U!!! 🙌🏾

You said the redwine role like redwine was a beast. We just need the kid to be himself and play Miami football.

You said the redwine role like redwine was a beast. We just need the kid to be himself and play Miami football.
You misinterpreted what I said.

Redwine role refers to the position Red plays for us as the Deep High Safety, I wasn't comparing them as players.

Quan is the Rover & plays closer to the LOS, Red is the Deep Centerfielder has to provide coverage over top & Safety help on the weak side, that's what I meant by Redwine role.

Last edited:
Advertisement
what better place to go as a defensive player, Richt will go to sleep for the first half of the game and defense has to carry the team, great showcase for the NFL!

Love the commitment but not believing we will do anything consequential has dampened my enthusiasm and makes me feel kinda sorry for the kids.

Advertisement
Back