Nuggets 2.0

my man what month in the pregnancy are you in for Howell?. The amount of d*ckriding your doing u gotta be pregnant.

That mfer aint even Kenny Pickett quality...better than anything we had in 30 years????.. wtf he do other than handed the ball off that got u hot n bothered?. He passed for 200 yds and a td?.
In tears over the pregnancy bit. LMAO!

These dudes guzzle more opponent reproductive fluid than any groupies I've ever seen. Jimi Hendrix and Van Halen didn't have groupies this dedicated. These motherfckers must be at the UNC hotel the night before the game running down the halls knocking on doors hoping to inhale junk.

Advertisement
Kam Kinchens impressing is the least surprising news, kid has 2-3 year starter written all over him. Would love to see him get some opportunities early on in games this year and push Hall to finally make some plays
Kid sure passes the eye test.Really put together for a true freshman. good to hear he's really doing well as there were some here who were really down on him.

You do realize that you said Howell is better than anything we have seen for the last 30 years MackBrownMILLER974. We have won chips since that time.

That being said there has NOTHING he has done in the last 2 szns against us that has impressed me to the level of your thinking I care less what he is considered. I remember a time Brad Kayaa was considered a 1st rd qb as well.

Kenny Pickett and multiple UVA bums have lit us up more than he has ...and we have had qbs go 10/10 =-15/15 on completions at t times against us. What they did running the ball against us impressed me though.....
What QB have we had that is better then Howell? The last one was probably Testsaverde or Kelly. Howell is significantly better then Kaaya, more mobile, stronger arm and has significantly better Pocket presence. Dude has 74 Total TDs 14INTs and 7400 Total Yards in only 25 games while turning UNC from one of worst teams in college football to a Top 20 team. I follow the NFL draft like religion and Howell is a lock to be a Top 15 pick next year based off what he's already done

So a couple posters on here argue that UNC had better QB, RB, WR and OL than we did last season. That got some likes.

Did our O play against their O? No, it’s about our O vs their D and our D vs their O. Both our units were absolutely talented enough to face off against UNC’s players. The performance across coaches and players was inexcusable. It was not a talent issue,

For 2021, I don’t accept they’re more talented than us at any position save QB. Id take our RBs over theirs for sure. With Rambo and the young guys, I’ll withhold judgment at WR. With Donaldson back and Rivers emerging, I’ll also wait to see the OL compares. Finally, King could easily have more impact on the game than Howell given his elusiveness.

Anyone with bladder issues looking at UNC should be blaming coaches not talent.

Hadn’t been on here as much lately but I’m glad that we can’t have a thread about a spring scrimmage without you guys recycling the same 2020 UNC arguments over and over again. Nobody looks backward like UM fans.

It’ll be a hour before we kick off against Bama and mfs will still be arguing about the UNC game. “That game was an aberration!” “No it’s proof Manure sucks and we will never be good with him at the helm!!” “But UNC has a lot of talent!” “No they lost to some bad teams so that means they are horrible!!” And round and round we go.

Fun times.
If you don’t think Bama is watching that game thinking how easy it will be to break in a new QB having to run only 2 (maybe 3) different running plays all game and cruise to an easy win your delusional

UNC provided a gameplan on how to attack such an over aggressive Diaz defense.... Simpson thankfully should get us back to some of the basics with gap integrity and attacking the QB on the way while stopping the run

Advertisement
Gino Torretta was a 2x NC, won the Heisman, O’Brien, Unitas, Maxwell and Walter Camp Awards, Consensus AA, and is in the CFB Hall of Fame.

Ken Dorsey was a NC, first team AA, 2x Heisman finalist, 2x Archie Griffin Award, 2x NCAA QB of the year, 2x Harley Award, Maxwell Award.
I would take Howell Over Dorsey. Gino is debatable, I thought he played for us over 30 years ago

My god this thread went to ****. You guys moaning about unc. They bent us over. End of story. Great teams show up to play every game. Unc didn’t do that against fspoo and uva. We didn’t do that against Clemson and unc. And defensively against osu. Bakers gone so that’s good. But remember Diaz defense got boned by a freshman howell in his second game ever. So there’s that. And they recruited solid replacements for the guys they lost

You’re doing the stupid Manny hater red herring
thing now? Are you tasked with stirring **** to drum up clicks? I don’t hate your boy Manure. I hate his results as a coach. He seems like a really conscientious guy who likes my alma mater and is probably a lovely guy overall. I’d rather he succeed than fail because it’s what’s best for the program.

My commentary was a general statement regarding where we are as a program when you are apologizing to the coach waterboys for hoping to go 9-3 and losing to a basketball school as if that’s putting too much pressure on poor Manure in his 7th season at UM.

When we allow coaches to lower the bar to the point that we’re happy with not being blown out by the top teams and losing to an 8-5 basketball school it might be time to start raising that bar. It’s a slow decay in standards that is unacceptable.

In any other business, when you have better material than the competition you are expected to beat them. In football, the dopey Low T fans who are more concerned with the feelings of the $4M/year CEO than with holding them accountable for massive failures because they worship the executive (Manure), not the business (UM football).

It’s not expecting too much to own the ******* sorry *** Coastal and not have to hope for UNC to have an off day when we play that mighty juggernaut. Instead of praising a coach for a slight improvement over the horrible product that HE PUT ON THE FIELD, we should have a standard that remains solid and unwavering. Demand that the coaches meet it, not allow them to lower it to gutter level then celebrate them for still coming up short of what the actual standard should be.
<adds every emoji because that ******’ says it all #thelivinglegend>

I would take Howell Over Dorsey. Gino is debatable, I thought he played for us over 30 years ago
There are a lot of hot takes on players. The two guys I mentioned have multiple national titles. Dorsey was 38-2 as a starter. Torretta was one of the most decorated players in CFB history. Maybe Howell will become the Heisman goat, but to say it’s debatable you’d take him over Torretta means you’re betting on it pretty heavily. Torretta actually been there, done that.

Advertisement
parks and recreation reaction club GIF by hero0fwar

We **** the bed against UNC, they **** the bed against FSU.

We had some legit COVID drama and some guys with one foot out the door but there was no excuse thst kind of beat down. Their loss to that putrid FSU team was still worse.

Point is neither team was as bad as their worst performance. Continuing to point to either game as the current state of either team is just being disingenuous.
Factual statement

There are a lot of hot takes on players. The two guys I mentioned have multiple national titles. Dorsey was 38-2 as a starter. Torretta was one of the most decorated players in CFB history. Maybe Howell will become the Heisman goat, but to say it’s debatable you’d take him over Torretta means you’re betting on it pretty heavily. Torretta actually been there, done that.
Just because you win a natty doesn't mean you're a great QB. I didn't watch many Gino games, so I'm not going to speak on that but Dorsey won a natty because he had the best RBs in the country, he had the best WRs in the country, he had the best TEs in the country, he had the best OL in the country AND he had the best defense in the country lol. Dorsey was a solid college QB but we weren't winning because of Dorsey, let's be real.

Advertisement
So a couple posters on here argue that UNC had better QB, RB, WR and OL than we did last season. That got some likes.

Did our O play against their O? No, it’s about our O vs their D and our D vs their O. Both our units were absolutely talented enough to face off against UNC’s players. The performance across coaches and players was inexcusable. It was not a talent issue,

For 2021, I don’t accept they’re more talented than us at any position save QB. Id take our RBs over theirs for sure. With Rambo and the young guys, I’ll withhold judgment at WR. With Donaldson back and Rivers emerging, I’ll also wait to see the OL compares. Finally, King could easily have more impact on the game than Howell given his elusiveness.

Anyone with bladder issues looking at UNC should be blaming coaches not talent.
I mean the weapons they had last year have both RBs and WR going in the top 3 rounds I believe. We did not have that. And their QB will be a top 10 pick. Just saying

Kid sure passes the eye test.Really put together for a true freshman. good to hear he's really doing well as there were some here who were really down on him.
Knew with him being an early entree he would come ready to steal reps. Kid is HIGH HIGH IQ...similar to Jaquan Johnson....and kid really played centerfield for MNW....WASNT A 7 ON 7 LOOK GOOD IN SHORTS TYPE...

Kinchens gonna end up a 3 year starter type barring injuries

Advertisement
Chase Smith must be out there making plays. I also see Gil playing everything from Striker to CB to Safety. He's one of the best 11 for sure and if getting guys like Chase and JWill20 on the field means moving versatile guys like Gil around, CMD is going to do it
Carter I read is a striker now thankfully he’s no longer a still *** safety that targets every game

Just because you win a natty doesn't mean you're a great QB. I didn't watch many Gino games, so I'm not going to speak on that but Dorsey won a natty because he had the best RBs in the country, he had the best WRs in the country, he had the best TEs in the country, he had the best OL in the country AND he had the best defense in the country lol. Dorsey was a solid college QB but we weren't winning because of Dorsey, let's be real.
Once again, Gino Torretta was a 2x NC, won the Heisman Trophy, the Davey O’Brien Award, The Unitas Award, The Maxwell Award, and the Walter Camp Award. Consensus AA, and is in the CFB Hall of Fame. Basically as decorated as any player in CFB History to that point. If you don't know about Gino, maybe you should go by what people who did know about him thought.

1. UNC played well against us, while we played like utter crap. Both things can be true. Im not getting into detailed reasons as to why we played like crap, I think we have been over that.

2. That does not make UNC an uber-talented or overly good squad. In fact, I dont even get the discussion about who has more talent and who doesnt. At the end of the day, talent is nothing more than someones potential. That potential doesnt equal production and success on the field. Do we outrecruit most teams in the ACC? 100%. That doesnt win us any games tho. Winning football games is about getting the horsepower on the field. Its a combination of recruiting good players and coaching them up well. I am certain we have good players that just lacked good coaching.

UNC also managed to lose games vs Virginia and FSU, because they had sloppy periods in the game that ended up biting them. It happens.

3. I also dont see why UNC should be considered better this season compared to Miami. UNC is losing a lot of production on the offensive side of the ball. Our expectation and the universitys expectation is to win the Coastal and play in the ACC title game. That should be the expectation for every team we face, because "you play to win the game". So yes, we have to beat UNC, obviously. Theres no shame in saying that. And we should beat them, based on that expectation.

4. Can we now stop talking about this game? Its in the past, it happened, lets just move on from it...

Advertisement
Back