Nuggets 2.0

The comment was about talent. We have recruited more talent (on paper) than any of the teams you mention. If we have talent and keep losing, the problem must be with our coaching. If our real talent underperforms our paper talent, the alternative is bad evaluations, which is also on the coaches.
Stars next to your name mean nothing when it comes to talent... When I watched us play NC last year I watched a QB who was better then anything we had in probably 30 years.. RBs who make our LBs and Safeties look like JV Talent. WRs who easily torched our CBs and did whatever they wanted. And an OL who made our DLine look like FAMU. Really the only on paper talent that matters when it comes to recruiting are those Top 50 blue chip monsters that the elite programs land.

Advertisement
Stars next to your name mean nothing when it comes to talent... When I watched us play NC last year I watched a QB who was better then anything we had in probably 30 years.. RBs who make our LBs and Safeties look like JV Talent. WRs who easily torched our CBs and did whatever they wanted. And an OL who made our DLine look like FAMU. Really the only on paper talent that matters when it comes to recruiting are those Top 50 blue chip monsters that the elite programs land.
Did you watch the overwhelming UNC talent play FSU last year?

Exactly. People have selective memory. Miami made UNC look like a world beater more than UNC did.

Anyone who believes we do not have more talent than UNC is a moron. Where UNC arguably had on us is a better coaching staff. Brown may be over the hill but he hired strong coaches.

Advertisement
Lol. Here come all the High T guys setting a bar today that hasn’t been reached in ions as the standard to continue to whip Slip-n-Slide, regardless.

Like going 14-2, 13-3 or 12-3 in 2021 isn’t a huge step up when we’ve been mostly garbage for 18 years. Do you guys really think this is where we should reasonably be this year???

So winning a NY6 bowl game over a top 10 team, losing a close one to an undefeated Clemson in the ACCCG, playing a close game that could go either way against UNC at Chapel Hill, and losing to likely playoff-bound defending National Champion Bama soundly - by 17 points in game 1 - is a failure in 2021?

How about this one - what if we beat UNC by 1 point, win our NY6 bowl game against a top 10 team by 1 point, lose by 17 to Bama and lose to Clemson in the ACCCG in a close one (6 points like the gaytors against Bama last season) - will you be content with the progress for this year? How about the same results except Bama and Clemson both beat us by 17? You good with that.

I wanna see the Manny hater baseline for 2021. In fact, here’s a poll:

Let’s see the baselines for the Manny Defense Force as well.

Baseline is beat who you suppose to beat G5 and bottom tier ACC teams. Play smart, hard, and competitive against teams with equal or greater talent have a chance to win I don't wanna see us getting beat "soundly". We have enough talent to compete. I've seen less talented teams compete with top teams no excuses

UNC totally looked past FSU last year. But for the fact it took them so long to get it together they would have pulled that game out
LOL. You dudes have an excuse for everything. Now, UNC is some sort of super power that looks past programs that have kicked their *** way more often than not? How about that titan UVA? Did they look past them too? Or ND, who completely throttled them for 60 minutes?

Advertisement
So because they took a **** in one game means they didn't have really good backs, QB, and OL?

Trav and Mack, They were 8-4. It wasn't just sleepwalking through FSU. They lost to UVA, ND and TAMU. In three of those games, their Heisman QB and all-world WRs & RBs managed under 30 points. They looked thoroughly outclassed by ND and TAMU.

The last two games we played and lost to UNC was on the coaches and our glorious defensive scheme as much as the WR drops and terrible LB & CB play. We should beat them this year, we certainly shouldn't be humiliated by them like last year.

They are good, no one is contesting that. They aren't some juggernaut, nor are they any more talented than our guys. I personally think we're more talented than them, not just on paper, but in terms of the number of starters we're fielding that will go pro.

No but I watched them kick our teeth in. Granted we played our absolute worst but we had no one on our roster as good Howell, Carter, Williams,Brown and Newsome. They lost a lot of guys but still have Howell. That's not a game that should be chalked up as a definite win. I'm not saying we will lose but they are a good team and we will have to bring our A game.

Exactly. People have selective memory. Miami made UNC look like a world beater more than UNC did.

Anyone who believes we do not have more talent than UNC is a moron. Where UNC arguably had on us is a better coaching staff. Brown may be over the hill but he hired strong coaches.
A moron? Tf out of here, this narrative that just because were Miami and recruit South Florida guys mean we're more talented then anyone in the ACC outside of clemson is BS. Our LBs were FCS caliber last year. Our Safeties got beat and missed a ton of tackles. Our DT got manhandled at times in the run game. Our CBs got absolutely abused against any quality WRs. Our WRs outside of Harley couldn't get seperation to save Their life's. Harris is a decent RB but he's no game breaker. Chaney and Knighton Could be special but haven't proven anything. UNC has absolutely killed it in recruiting, now I'm a Moron for thinking UNC had more Talent then us?

Advertisement
We **** the bed against UNC, they **** the bed against FSU.

We had some legit COVID drama and some guys with one foot out the door but there was no excuse thst kind of beat down. Their loss to that putrid FSU team was still worse.

Point is neither team was as bad as their worst performance. Continuing to point to either game as the current state of either team is just being disingenuous.

Who’s job is it to recruit talent?

/oh, btw, our LBs were JV talent

A moron? Tf out of here, this narrative that just because were Miami and recruit South Florida guys mean we're more talented then anyone in the ACC outside of clemson is BS. Our LBs were FCS caliber last year. Our Safeties got beat and missed a ton of tackles. Our DT got manhandled at times in the run game. Our CBs got absolutely abused against any quality WRs. Our WRs outside of Harley couldn't get seperation to save Their life's. Harris is a decent RB but he's no game breaker. Chaney and Knighton Could be special but haven't proven anything. UNC has absolutely killed it in recruiting, now I'm a Moron for thinking UNC had more Talent then us?
Yes, a moron. Miami has out recruited UNC 3/4 last years. Miami has sent more players to the NFL. We have had more talent “than” UNC.

Advertisement
Wasn't he talking about last year?

grover said:
This. I doubt any reasonable fan will be calling for banners if Manny loses a couple hard-fought games. But UNC is not a more talented team than Miami. We should expect to beat those guys and all the other mediocre teams in the ACC not named Clemson.
Not what it looks like to me, from his text and context.

Based off what? Some pointless 247 recruiting rankings? I don't judge talent based off what I see from a high school recruiting site, I judge talent by how they perform on the field.
“Pointless” yet next post you’ll be crying bout how we have so few commits for ‘22.

Where do you look at prospects? 247
Who do you constantly cap for? Ivins and dudes from 247

Lithium isn’t just for batteries.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back