Nuggets 2.0

Advertisement
Let me be clear I’m one of the bigger Frierson guys on the board , I’ve posted multiple times he was arguably the best player on the defense last year. I was just expecting a big step this year and leadership. Showing up out of shape and overweight isn’t that.
Such a bad look especially in a bag year...

That’s the play I referred to. Off the trick and rambos big gainer. Ts plays aggressive and i imagine if was done on purpose. I’d much rather it happen in a scrimmage than a game , that’s why we have practices.
People who’ve never gone through something like spring ball don’t understand that the coaching staff pretty much sets up scenarios and run plays with reason behind it...

Like you alluded too with TS who is aggressive and making sure to run cute trick plays that way when film comes around they can drill it home that you need to be ready for that because they know your game can’t let yourself get beat

Advertisement
The only win for Miami is winning the game. Losing to Alabama in the opener is still losing.

Diaz, again, seemed to have a positive offseason. Excellent recruiting class and he revamped his defensive staff, despite many here on CIS thinking he wouldn’t fire ‘his guys’.

The progress I want to see is in the ‘culture’ Diaz talks about. It was only two games ago at home against UNC his team gave one of the worst performances in program history. Record-setting bad, when a win had significant meaning. His team, and in particular his defense, played like they could have cared less.

I want to see the team prepared, smart, physical, and fighting for 60 minutes.
Good post but he didn’t fire his guys. He took advantage of them leaving by hiring upgrades.

Love hearing about guys like Rambo, and Knighton showing out we're going to need those ballers to show out this year along with Harley and Chaney.

I have a few hot takes as well.

1.) Mallory has a monsters all acc year as featured guy all season. Turns into day 1 or two draft pick.

2.) Our o-line will play as good as it's been in over five years with guys like Zion, big Don, & Jalen having huge huge years.

3.) Both Harley and Rambo will have all conference years tons of big catches and preduction and remind people of the LSU wrs the year Joe Borrow was there.

4.) Will have the best group of DTs we've had in the El Manuel era with a legit 6 deep group with great mix of run stuffers and pass rushers.

5.) Secondary will be special with T Rob turning Bolden into 1st rounder being better in coverage along with having Stevenson being an excellent big cover corner reminding people of Pat Peterson with his style of play.
Don't forget the best Punter and Kicker in the nation!!!

what Position or positions are we portaling?
The three everyone has exhausted this board with, over the last seven months. I’ll let you check the boxes. Let’s see what the end of springs brings to us. The portal has a huge second wind coming. We’re going to lose some too fwiw. Brace yourself unnamed coach. That nasty South Florida taste might find its way back into your mouth. Good times 🙌

Advertisement
The three everyone has exhausted this board with, over the last seven months. I’ll let you check the boxes. Let’s see what the end of springs brings to us. The portal has a huge second wind coming. We’re going to lose some too fwiw. Brace yourself unnamed coach. That nasty South Florida taste might find its way back into your mouth. Good times 🙌
Lol you lost me with this one.

People have loved Ivey’s potential since he got here. Maybe all he needed was good coaching?
200.gif

There are still some pretty big names in the portal that we've sort of written off. Do you suspect we might be in the mix for one of those?

Advertisement
There are still some pretty big names in the portal that we've sort of written off. Do you suspect we might be in the mix for one of those?
Yes, but there’s some big fish bouncing after spring. Can’t talk to anyone until it’s official. We all wait together... We might have the same thing here. Kids want to play, be number one and get film for the NFL. Everyone has to do what’s best for their families.

Lol. Here come all the High T guys setting a bar today that hasn’t been reached in ions as the standard to continue to whip Slip-n-Slide, regardless.

Like going 14-2, 13-3 or 12-3 in 2021 isn’t a huge step up when we’ve been mostly garbage for 18 years. Do you guys really think this is where we should reasonably be this year???

So winning a NY6 bowl game over a top 10 team, losing a close one to an undefeated Clemson in the ACCCG, playing a close game that could go either way against UNC at Chapel Hill, and losing to likely playoff-bound defending National Champion Bama soundly - by 17 points in game 1 - is a failure in 2021?

How about this one - what if we beat UNC by 1 point, win our NY6 bowl game against a top 10 team by 1 point, lose by 17 to Bama and lose to Clemson in the ACCCG in a close one (6 points like the gaytors against Bama last season) - will you be content with the progress for this year? How about the same results except Bama and Clemson both beat us by 17? You good with that.

I wanna see the Manny hater baseline for 2021. In fact, here’s a poll:

Let’s see the baselines for the Manny Defense Force as well.
You’re doing the stupid Manny hater red herring
thing now? Are you tasked with stirring **** to drum up clicks? I don’t hate your boy Manure. I hate his results as a coach. He seems like a really conscientious guy who likes my alma mater and is probably a lovely guy overall. I’d rather he succeed than fail because it’s what’s best for the program.

My commentary was a general statement regarding where we are as a program when you are apologizing to the coach waterboys for hoping to go 9-3 and losing to a basketball school as if that’s putting too much pressure on poor Manure in his 7th season at UM.

When we allow coaches to lower the bar to the point that we’re happy with not being blown out by the top teams and losing to an 8-5 basketball school it might be time to start raising that bar. It’s a slow decay in standards that is unacceptable.

In any other business, when you have better material than the competition you are expected to beat them. In football, the dopey Low T fans who are more concerned with the feelings of the $4M/year CEO than with holding them accountable for massive failures because they worship the executive (Manure), not the business (UM football).

It’s not expecting too much to own the ******* sorry *** Coastal and not have to hope for UNC to have an off day when we play that mighty juggernaut. Instead of praising a coach for a slight improvement over the horrible product that HE PUT ON THE FIELD, we should have a standard that remains solid and unwavering. Demand that the coaches meet it, not allow them to lower it to gutter level then celebrate them for still coming up short of what the actual standard should be.

Last edited:
Most obvious is LB, after that a second DE transfer. For me the third is a toss up. I wouldn't object to another LB, OL, CB, DE. I think we're good at QB, RB, S, DT and TE.

Yes, but there’s some big fish bouncing after spring. Can’t talk to anyone until it’s official. We all wait together... We might have the same thing here. Kids want to play, be number one and get film for the NFL. Everyone has to do what’s best for their families.

Most worrisome would be at OL and CB. Manny needs to keep them home. I could see an RB leave that would hurt. But we're stacked there. I could see some backups at other spots, but a lot of those are guys we consider JAGs anyway.

Advertisement
It’s not expecting too much to own the ******* sorry *** Coastal and not have to hope for UNC to have an off day when we play that mighty juggernaut. Instead of praising a coach for a slight improvement over the horrible product that HE PUT ON THE FIELD, we should have a standard that remains solid and unwavering. Demand that the coaches meet it, not allow them to lower it to gutter level then celebrate them for still coming up short of what the actual standard should be.

This. I doubt any reasonable fan will be calling for banners if Manny loses a couple hard-fought games. But UNC is not a more talented team than Miami. We should expect to beat those guys and all the other mediocre teams in the ACC not named Clemson.

You’re doing the stupid Manny hater red herring
thing now? Are you tasked with stirring **** to drum up clicks? I don’t hate your boy Manure. I hate his results as a coach. He seems like a really conscientious guy who likes my alma mater and is probably a lovely guy overall. I’d rather he succeed than fail because it’s what’s best for the program.

My commentary was a general statement regarding where we are as a program when you are apologizing to the coach waterboys for hoping to go 9-3 and losing to a basketball school as if that’s putting too much pressure on poor Manure in his 7th season at UM.

When we allow coaches to lower the bar to the point that we’re happy with not being blown out by the top teams and losing to an 8-5 basketball school it might be time to start raising that bar. It’s a slow decay in standards that is unacceptable.

In any other business, when you have better material than the competition you are expected to beat them. In football, the dopey Low T fans who are more concerned with the feelings of the $4M/year CEO than with holding them accountable for massive failures because they worship the executive (Manure), not the business (UM football).

Been wondering this with a lot of folks lately...

I mean if that’s the case, cool, but there are times, even with limited spring info that some folks actually like to have semi-serious discussions

Last edited:
Well, could you be specific. Like I said, you’re making assumptions. McCloud will get playing time. Dre wasn’t “nicked” up, but I’m sure you know that. I’m also sure you’re aware of the lack of depth at the DE position. Obviously the portal will help that. I’m sure you know who we’re waiting on. Like I said, assumptions... Alabama isn’t tomorrow. Let’s let this play itself out. You don’t need a crystal ball to know springs hero’s don’t always become regular season stars.
The assumptions I am making are poster related, and that they are either conveniently ignoring the elements of theupdates (people being out or behind schedule for injury, covid or other reasons) to further their complaining or they are intentionally trolling.

I don’t have many assumptions related to the team, as I agree with you, there are both a lot of time between now and Alabama, and a lot that can happen roster wise, improvement wise, etc to shape the depth and players that will see the field in Atlanta and beyond.

My specific points about McCloud and WR *****ing...Johnson and Smith cannot displace them or get Spring reports if they are not available to do it. (Not because of a conspiracy)

This. I doubt any reasonable fan will be calling for banners if Manny loses a couple hard-fought games. But UNC is not a more talented team than Miami. We should expect to beat those guys and all the other mediocre teams in the ACC not named Clemson.
They're not? They had better backs, receivers, OL, LBs, and arguably QB.

Advertisement
Back