Nuggets 2.0

Advertisement
I’m not worried about the injuries in terms of severity, but they add to the discussion of players getting action so far....

People have been *****ing for 3 weeks about McCloud, missing that Johnson first saw action this week, Smith with an ankle, Payton, LBs, etc...
Lol do you have any idea how hard and far reaching your unfounded assumptions are. Get some rest please. You need to be ready for Alabama. We’re all counting on you.

Lol do you have any idea how hard and far reaching your unfounded assumptions are. Get some rest please. You need to be ready for Alabama. We’re all counting on you.
Countless threads here with people complaining about McCloud and others getting burn while ignoring that some players are nicked up...

I’ll have the tissues ready for everyone whose favorites don’t get as much playing time game 1 as they were hoping...

Countless threads here with people complaining about McCloud and others getting burn while ignoring that some players are nicked up...

I’ll have the tissues ready for everyone whose favorites don’t get as much playing time game 1 as they were hoping...
Well, could you be specific. Like I said, you’re making assumptions. McCloud will get playing time. Dre wasn’t “nicked” up, but I’m sure you know that. I’m also sure you’re aware of the lack of depth at the DE position. Obviously the portal will help that. I’m sure you know who we’re waiting on. Like I said, assumptions... Alabama isn’t tomorrow. Let’s let this play itself out. You don’t need a crystal ball to know springs hero’s don’t always become regular season stars.

Advertisement
Just more depth and speed outside. It’s obvious we needed speed. Carter moving in side made that happen. Safety, lb and striker all won with those moves.
Hopefully the purpose of K. Smith's move is to realistically compete for a starting role (more than depth) at Will. Otherwise, why move him with Gil's conditioning issue? He would be next man up at Striker.
Just hard to read the tea leaves. If Smith's been hurt and the TF is truly impressing at Striker, then I guess it frees up his move to WLB, hopefully as the favorite to take the position (is Huff practicing at STK. or WLB? Either way not sold as spring is the political season from a roster retention standpoint). I think a lot of us are suspicious of Manny et al. creating a role for Carter.

New coaches in the defensive backfield and Frierson shows out of shape..not a good look. You would think if he shapes up by fall camp things come on line, but with new coaches he'll have to prove himself. Put himself behind the eight ball apparently. Still, if the seniority code applies to the Popes, Wiggins, McClouds, Jennings, and Carter's of the roster...you'd think it would apply to a guy who actually performed. Come out of that doghouse young man!
That's the great thing about competition though. For whatever reason Frierson shows up out of shape but now he has to deal with Carter and Chase Smith. A few years ago we wouldn't have had any legit options but now if you snooze you lose.

That's the great thing about competition though. For whatever reason Frierson shows up out of shape but now he has to deal with Carter and Chase Smith. A few years ago we wouldn't have had any legit options but now if you snooze you lose.
Yeah..concerned about Carter trying to cover at Striker. Against the run or blitzing..ok.

Advertisement
Hopefully the purpose of K. Smith's move is to realistically compete for a starting role (more than depth) at Will. Otherwise, why move him with Gil's conditioning issue? He would be next man up at Striker.
Just hard to read the tea leaves. If Smith's been hurt and the TF is truly impressing at Striker, then I guess it frees up his move to WLB, hopefully as the favorite to take the position (is Huff practicing at STK. or WLB? Either way not sold as spring is the political season from a roster retention standpoint). I think a lot of us are suspicious of Manny et al. creating a role for Carter.

Yeah..concerned about Carter trying to cover at Striker. Against the run or blitzing..ok.
Carter may be at Striker now but I'm not too worried about that. Diaz isn't stupid. He knows Carter's strengths and weaknesses. The last time Diaz was DC in 2018 he used Carter really well and did I great job playing to his strengths. I would expect the same this time.

Well, could you be specific. Like I said, you’re making assumptions. McCloud will get playing time. Dre wasn’t “nicked” up, but I’m sure you know that. I’m also sure you’re aware of the lack of depth at the DE position. Obviously the portal will help that. I’m sure you know who we’re waiting on. Like I said, assumptions... Alabama isn’t tomorrow. Let’s let this play itself out. You don’t need a crystal ball to know springs hero’s don’t always become regular season stars.
what Position or positions are we portaling?

Advertisement
Not sure if any of this has been mentioned , I haven’t read any scrimmage updates, this is what I was told. I’ve been extremely busy.

K Smith hasn’t been playing much because of an ankle, he rolled it early in spring.

Carter in fact has been moved to striker , and as I’ve posted if that happens it means something is up with a striker. Well there was . Keontra is now a lb, weak side.

Safeties had another great day. They’ve been the most consistent group. Bolden has improved coverage.

The d looks bigger and extremely physical, minus the lb’s. It looks like that group is going smaller and faster. Manny wants more speed at the position. Which was obvious last year.

Ivey had a great day, didn’t allow anything ( sorry ) . TS got beat on the trick play , wasn’t tested after that, pretty much locked down everything.

Rambo had a big catch.

Ford has been a monster , easily his best spring.

Harrell had a rough day in coverage.

Tvd played well , doesn’t push the ball down field much , but takes what the defense gives him. He’s been very consistent since some early int’s early in camp. Garcia was steady , he did have a pick.

Don only played a couple of snaps , he was held out with a minor issue, only precautionary. Knighton look explosive as ****, he had a great day. Cam also had a couple long runs.

I was told “ this is a good team”. Sorry mopes , I guess we’ll see how good.
Every year it's a good team 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️😅

Advertisement
Maybe, but I remember having those same conversations in 98/99. There's enough talent to go around in South FL that we can withstand getting some guys cherry-picked. But we can't afford big misses. A lot of the struggles are self-inflicted. Coker was a figurehead and everything fell apart when he had to lead. Shannon refused to cultivate relationships with local coaches and guys didn't want to play for him. Golden had a better eye for talent but had a lot of the same bad traits as Randy and didn't know what to do with South FL athletes, wanted to make us into a Big X team. Richt had things going on the right direction then checked out for whatever reasons. And Manny is learning on the job. I want to see us have a puncher's chance from top down before I say for sure we'll never be fully back. If Butch could do it with sanctions, I'm not convinced we can't get there again being literally in the middle of the most talent-rich spot on Earth.

Every program is the right coach away from being back.

It just ain't enough good coaches to go around.

We could have ours if Manny grows a pair. Otherwise it's groundhog day.

Carter may be at Striker now but I'm not too worried about that. Diaz isn't stupid. He knows Carter's strengths and weaknesses. The last time Diaz was DC in 2018 he used Carter really well and did I great job playing to his strengths. I would expect the same this time.
As I said “ the striker battle it far from over”.

Homie, he's our best since Dorsey?

What you think? I'll never forgive Berlin for Tennessee 2003
BB was atrocious on that hot *** day. Dirty *** Refs didn't help either. The personal foul call on KW2 was as bad of a call as it gets. We were finally moving the ball and were getting ready to punch it in and boom. Fake 15 yard penalty. The rest is history.
The Vols literally beat us with their punter that day. Sad. One of the most frustrating afternoons I've ever had in the OB.

Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
Back