Nuggets 2.0

Advertisement
Good news about Keontra and Carter. Manny's recurring wet dream of 11 senior starters on defense is coming to fruition.

DE McCloud SR/5
DT Silvera SR/3
DT Ford SR/4
DE Johnson SR/4

LB Steed SR/4
LB Jennings SR/4
ST Carter SR/4

CB Blades SR/3
SS Hall SR/3
FS Bolden SR/4
CB Ivey SR/3
I heard BYU is his dream job

But wait, I thought Amari was one of the best Safeties we had? You mean to tell me that was just coach speak after all? No way, I don't believe it. He was so good that they moved him? How could they?!?

Thanks for the info. Encouraging on the DL. Coaching matters.
Once a again fellas Strker is just a hybrid Safety/Li...u know what **** it mane Go canes! XV-Nulla!!

The only win for Miami is winning the game. Losing to Alabama in the opener is still losing.

Diaz, again, seemed to have a positive offseason. Excellent recruiting class and he revamped his defensive staff, despite many here on CIS thinking he wouldn’t fire ‘his guys’.

The progress I want to see is in the ‘culture’ Diaz talks about. It was only two games ago at home against UNC his team gave one of the worst performances in program history. Record-setting bad, when a win had significant meaning. His team, and in particular his defense, played like they could have cared less.

I want to see the team prepared, smart, physical, and fighting for 60 minutes.
I think the point people are trying to make is if you can go toe to toe with a playoff type team and lose, it shows progress. So yeah, it might be losing, but some losses build character. Getting embarrassed, again, with an experienced team has no upside.

Take, for example, our 1997 loss to FSU. That was ugly. We were a bad team and it showed. Two years later, we went into Tallahassee and went toe to toe with them before they eventually beat us. Every FSU fan around me that day couldn't believe the progress we had made in two years. They knew we were coming back, and fast. THAT is the type of loss I am fine with while building.

Advertisement
Good nuggs.

tenor-19.gif

Beat Bama, probably not. But with them having gang of new starters, new qb, new OC, and, plus with us returning our best QB in two decades, a young bull at RB, returning OL, improved coaching at DL, more athletic backers.... etc... there isn't a better time for us ! Playing a close game with them would do wonders for us nationally.

That's why I've been glued to these spring reports. We need some players to really grow up between now and Sept 4th. Our DEs (cough**HARVEY**cough) have big shoes to fill. We need a LB that commands he be on the field in all situations. Gurvan needs to take the next step and show Bama what they missed out on front and center.
Why does everyone have chantz plugged in as a starter? Do cam mccloud and johnson not exist?

If you’re a UM football fan and sitting here apologizing for setting the bar so high that you’re OK with losing to UNC and getting smacked down by Baga and taking another L to Clemson, then that is actually the biggest indictment of Manure. He’s lowered the bar that far where our fans are apologizing for expecting 9-3 with only one blowout L. Yikes.
Lol. Here come all the High T guys setting a bar today that hasn’t been reached in ions as the standard to continue to whip Slip-n-Slide, regardless.

Like going 14-2, 13-3 or 12-3 in 2021 isn’t a huge step up when we’ve been mostly garbage for 18 years. Do you guys really think this is where we should reasonably be this year???

So winning a NY6 bowl game over a top 10 team, losing a close one to an undefeated Clemson in the ACCCG, playing a close game that could go either way against UNC at Chapel Hill, and losing to likely playoff-bound defending National Champion Bama soundly - by 17 points in game 1 - is a failure in 2021?

How about this one - what if we beat UNC by 1 point, win our NY6 bowl game against a top 10 team by 1 point, lose by 17 to Bama and lose to Clemson in the ACCCG in a close one (6 points like the gaytors against Bama last season) - will you be content with the progress for this year? How about the same results except Bama and Clemson both beat us by 17? You good with that.

I wanna see the Manny hater baseline for 2021. In fact, here’s a poll:

Let’s see the baselines for the Manny Defense Force as well.

Advertisement
I don't understand how so many of you view this K Smith move to LB as positive.

Gil was out of shape meaning KS should have moved into the starter role. Getting him on the field. INSTEAD we move Carter into the starting spot and ask KSmith to learn a new spot and have him behind on the depth chart. Why wasn't Carter the one moved to LB?

Another ******* decision designed to keep one of Mannys favourite Upperclassmen on the field.

*This better have been done just to light a fire under GIL's *** and he earns his starting spot back. Carter isn't half the playmaker Gil is.
**** i promised i'd be positive this spring.

This move means Gil is back starting by fall and carter is backing him up. KSmith steals a linebacker spot by the end of fall camp.

nice.

Advertisement
To me, making Bama fight for 4 qtrs is a Win for Miami. Going toe-to-toe with a playoff team says something.

The players bama rolls out won't be scrubs at all. But, they will be inexperienced and will need time before they start looking like 'Bama'. I wouldn't want to play that same team later in the season
Yeah but Saban and his fleet of analysts have all season to game plan for a season opener in which Sabans never lost at Bama

Some of you thinking we won’t be great this upcoming season are going to have to eat ****. I won’t be here to see it the way I’d most enjoy, because I’ll be busy living my best life. When it’s over, the season, I do believe you’ll have a great opportunity to reevaluate all of your poor life decisions. Let me be the first to congratulate you, if you found that the glass that you always believe is half empty, is actually full. It’s liberating. Good luck and I truly hope you learn from this. 🙌 We’re Back

Advertisement
Love how everyone glosses over the injuries and people not practicing... blinded by the tears
Nobody cares about minor-moderate injures during the spring. As of now, everybody (except for King) is projected to be full go by start of fall camp.

Nobody cares about minor-moderate injures during the spring. As of now, everybody (except for King) is projected to be full go by start of fall camp.
I’m not worried about the injuries in terms of severity, but they add to the discussion of players getting action so far....

People have been *****ing for 3 weeks about McCloud, missing that Johnson first saw action this week, Smith with an ankle, Payton, LBs, etc...

I’m not worried about the injuries in terms of severity, but they add to the discussion of players getting action so far....

People have been *****ing for 3 weeks about McCloud, missing that Johnson first saw action this week, Smith with an ankle, Payton, LBs, etc...
Fair point

Put me in the camp that just can’t wait to see Carter cover some slot receivers. And frierson had this thing made for him and he screwed it up. Now we are going to see Carter even more

Advertisement
Back