Nuggets 2.0

Advertisement
Putting keontra smith at wlb sounds like a great move to get more speed on the field. Hopefully gil gets motivated and comes back in the fall ready to up his game and keep his spot. Carter and chase will be hot on his *** if not.

whos the starters on the dline? I think we'll be deeper there. How's chantz doing? Is he up to start or is he in the mix to be in the two deep. I'd like to see harvey and deandre johnson with chantz,cam and McCloud in that order. At tackle I'm guessing ford and silvera with hunter and miller with Taylor.
Bold. Very bold

I knew he was a project and it would take him time to get his snaps up, but this would have been a good time to take a bigger step. He flashes some surprising ability for a guy his size.

I believe Stroud is/was the reason, he's not a technician like Simpson. I guess we'll see with our own eyes next week how he is doing and make our own judgment.

Advertisement
I forgot to mention Dre is just getting back to practicing hence why he hasn’t been mentioned. He’ll likely be behind for most of the spring.

I’m also sorry to say 53 is actually playing really well at de. And that’s coming from somebody who has no reason to gas him up.
Any updates on Al blades jr. last I heard they were bringing him in slowly but it’s been a few weeks

Any updates on Al blades jr. last I heard they were bringing him in slowly but it’s been a few weeks
It’s been a minute but last I heard with the issue he had there’s a time frame he needs before he can be fully cleared. But word was it’s not career ending and it sounded like he’d be back in fall. At least that’s the plan.

Couch took his spot last yr

I wanna see more of Clark this yr
Actually he was going to be back starting , he got sat in VT game then covid happened. If Blades is a full go we’ll have legit options for the first time ever under manny. We could actually have four corners capable of being on the field together at the same time.

Advertisement
I don’t expect beat Alabama. What I would like to see is the team and staff look prepared and not quit, even in a loss. Don’t lay down at the first sign of adversity and let Bama run up 50+ without fighting back.

Beat Bama, probably not. But with them having gang of new starters, new qb, new OC, and, plus with us returning our best QB in two decades, a young bull at RB, returning OL, improved coaching at DL, more athletic backers.... etc... there isn't a better time for us ! Playing a close game with them would do wonders for us nationally.

That's why I've been glued to these spring reports. We need some players to really grow up between now and Sept 4th. Our DEs (cough**HARVEY**cough) have big shoes to fill. We need a LB that commands he be on the field in all situations. Gurvan needs to take the next step and show Bama what they missed out on front and center.

There’s always someone so yeah... there are people rooting for losses.
We need to win our bowl game with no more than 2 losses - Bama and possibly UNC - if we don’t get to the ACCCG. If we get to that game then I can live with a Clemson loss. No blowouts this year though I think Bama beats us soundly.

To me, we can beat UNC. If our only 2 losses are to Bama and Clemson and we win the bowl game, I’d say anyone ripping the progress is not reasonable. With 3 losses - and no blowouts, I’m still ok though we need to do better this cycle in recruiting and I think we’ll know more after the June visits.
If you’re a UM football fan and sitting here apologizing for setting the bar so high that you’re OK with losing to UNC and getting smacked down by Baga and taking another L to Clemson, then that is actually the biggest indictment of Manure. He’s lowered the bar that far where our fans are apologizing for expecting 9-3 with only one blowout L. Yikes.

Beat Bama, probably not. But with them having gang of new starters, new qb, new OC, and, plus with us returning our best QB in two decades, a young bull at RB, returning OL, improved coaching at DL, more athletic backers.... etc... there isn't a better time for us ! Playing a close game with them would do wonders for us nationally.

That's why I've been glued to these spring reports. We need some players to really grow up between now and Sept 4th. Our DEs (cough**HARVEY**cough) have big shoes to fill. We need a LB that commands he be on the field in all situations. Gurvan needs to take the next step and show Bama what they missed out on front and center.
I’d be pleased if Miami made the Tide work four quarters to earn the victory. I want the game to be a fight. Not a game where Miami starts off talking trash but quits if and when momentum swings Bama‘s way.

You know Alabama is going to roll out new star players. Whomever they play at QB, WR, RB, or wherever else isn’t a scrub.

Last edited:
There’s always someone so yeah... there are people rooting for losses.
We need to win our bowl game with no more than 2 losses - Bama and possibly UNC - if we don’t get to the ACCCG. If we get to that game then I can live with a Clemson loss. No blowouts this year though I think Bama beats us soundly.

To me, we can beat UNC. If our only 2 losses are to Bama and Clemson and we win the bowl game, I’d say anyone ripping the progress is not reasonable. With 3 losses - and no blowouts, I’m still ok though we need to do better this cycle in recruiting and I think we’ll know more after the June visits.
Very realistic expectations. Very few teams go undefeated (15-0 @Go Canes!). Only a handful wind up with 1 or 2 losses. We need to see progress and I believe with the staff additions this year, it’s reasonable to expect to see progress.

Advertisement
I’d be pleased if Miami made the Tide work four quarters to earn the victory. I want the game to be a fight. Not a game where Miami starts off talking trash but quits if and when momentum swings Bama‘s way.

You know Alabama is going to roll out new star players. Whomever they play at QB, WR, RB, or wherever else isn’t a scrub.

To me, making Bama fight for 4 qtrs is a Win for Miami. Going toe-to-toe with a playoff team says something.

The players bama rolls out won't be scrubs at all. But, they will be inexperienced and will need time before they start looking like 'Bama'. I wouldn't want to play that same team later in the season

Just read all 9 pages of this thread. This is why I love CIS! I apologize for being off subject but I'm sitting here thinking about next year's(2022) Potential defence and how on paper could be our best in a lonngg time
DE- Chantz
DT-JHH
DT- LT
DE- Harvey
Backers- Brooks, TAC, Flagg Keontra, Huff
Striker- Chase Smith
Safetys- Avantae, James Willam's
Corners- be huge if TS stays, Couch, Clark, Dunson

On paper that's what a Miami D should look like again sorry I'm already excited an we haven't gotten through spring 21 lol Go Canes💚

Advertisement
I know Ivey isn’t a fan favorite.

But I think if you allow him to use his hands in this press man coverage like T Rob is for sure to play he can be a good ACC corner. Why we ever had him playing off man coverage is beyond me hi just simply doesn’t have the hips. Let him play bull ball at the line of scrimmage.

I know Ivey isn’t a fan favorite.

But I think if you allow him to use his hands in this press man coverage like T Rob is for sure to play he can be a good ACC corner. Why we ever had him playing off man coverage is beyond me hi just simply doesn’t have the hips. Let him play bull ball at the line of scrimmage.
All of our cbs should be putting their hands on the wr, not bailing out.

The only win for Miami is winning the game. Losing to Alabama in the opener is still losing.

Diaz, again, seemed to have a positive offseason. Excellent recruiting class and he revamped his defensive staff, despite many here on CIS thinking he wouldn’t fire ‘his guys’.

The progress I want to see is in the ‘culture’ Diaz talks about. It was only two games ago at home against UNC his team gave one of the worst performances in program history. Record-setting bad, when a win had significant meaning. His team, and in particular his defense, played like they could have cared less.

I want to see the team prepared, smart, physical, and fighting for 60 minutes.

Advertisement
Back