Nuggets 2.0

We will never have a team as good as our historically great teams, that's just unreasonable to think about. Too many big time programs have their hands in the South Florida recruiting pool.
Well let’s also not forget you can’t name any of the historically great teams without naming some great OOS players too

We need to get this fascination that we will nab EVERY stud player from south Florida we’ve ALWAYS missed on kids who went else where even during our dynasty...

Advertisement
Ford is about 35... he better be a monster amongst these 19 and 20 years old.
As was Willis his last year here. There’s a huge benefit to having a RS year when you’re a DT or OL. Especially for a guy like Ford that was more of a BBall player most of his life. Don’t expect him to be like Willis but would love to see him make an impact his last year.

I forgot to mention Dre is just getting back to practicing hence why he hasn’t been mentioned. He’ll likely be behind for most of the spring.

I’m also sorry to say 53 is actually playing really well at de. And that’s coming from somebody who has no reason to gas him up.
I’m not surprised he always reminded me of a Trent “toolbox” Harris type of DE

he should have always been in rotation at DE

I have liked what I’ve heard from spring all year. It’s really a chance for younger players to grow. Older guys to refine some areas of the game. Chances for position changes.

But, this a big but, fall camp can completely erase someone’s spring performance. Try to take spring with a grain of salt. The biggest takeaways should be how the freshman and sophomores look/perform.

Advertisement
I have liked what I’ve heard from spring all year. It’s really a chance for younger players to grow. Older guys to refine some areas of the game. Chances for position changes.

But, this a big but, fall camp can completely erase someone’s spring performance. Try to take spring with a grain of salt. The biggest takeaways should be how the freshman and sophomores look/perform.
Yup will put a fire on some folks....

example being Striker with Gil... he must have thought his job was secure and was Cadillacing till summer... but now he’s got Carter taking his reps and a young stud frosh whose hungry... plus don’t count out Keontra

Not 15-0 good but good enough to have a 2-3 loss max season with a bowl win and for me it’s progress.

11-2 or 10-3 with a bowl in year 3 should shut up the critics, but I know that it won't. If Miami wins 10, I will bet you money out of my pocket that at least one dummy will post that Diaz clearly underachieved with the talent and a better coach Saban would have gone 15-0 and won a championship with the same roster.

That said, Diaz HAS to have a good year in 2021 because the 2022 schedule makes the 2021 schedule look like a cakewalk. If he doesn't get double digit wins in 2021 and then has a 7 win or less season in 2022, he's finished.

We are all aware of Dabos record in year 4 and how he turned it around afterwards, but he had the benefit of not coming from a failed regime and had some goodwill banked. Blake James mismanagement of the hiring process (zero interviews and basically giving the job to Diaz uncontested) means Diaz has been on the fan hot seat from day 1 and has no margin for error. He HAS to demonstrate massive progress this year to have any chance of surviving year 4 if things go sideways.

Advertisement
11-2 or 10-3 with a bowl in year 3 should shut up the critics, but I know that it won't. If Miami wins 10, I will bet you money out of my pocket that at least one dummy will post that Diaz clearly underachieved with the talent and a better coach Saban would have gone 15-0 and won a championship with the same roster.

That said, Diaz HAS to have a good year in 2021 because the 2022 schedule makes the 2021 schedule look like a cakewalk. If he doesn't get double digit wins in 2021 and then has a 7 win or less season in 2022, he's finished.

We are all aware of Dabos record in year 4 and how he turned it around afterwards, but he had the benefit of not coming from a failed regime and had some goodwill banked. Blake James mismanagement of the hiring process (zero interviews and basically giving the job to Diaz uncontested) means Diaz has been on the fan hot seat from day 1 and has no margin for error. He HAS to demonstrate massive progress this year to have any chance of surviving year 4 if things go sideways.
It's not always just about the wins and losses. I've seen 9-3 teams look like they are turning the corner, and I've seen 10-2 teams look like they should be 6-6. I want to see improvement. My biggest gripe with Manny so far is that our team plays complacent every other game. We'll look like we're improving, then 62-26 happens. Countless games where we just come out lifeless and flat, looking like we forgot how to play the game. Like clockwork, it's usually after we hear the words, "Best week of practice this year."

I might be alright with 9-3, depending on how we look. If we get mauled in three losses, and scrape by 9 scrubs, I won't be impressed. If we play Alabama tight, destroy several teams on our schedule, and lose a couple other close games, it won't be the end of the world. Just improve.

Yeah me too, we'll see though im hoping Simpson can bring out the beast I thought he'd be coming out of high school
I knew he was a project and it would take him time to get his snaps up, but this would have been a good time to take a bigger step. He flashes some surprising ability for a guy his size.

Not sure if any of this has been mentioned , I haven’t read any scrimmage updates, this is what I was told. I’ve been extremely busy.

K Smith hasn’t been playing much because of an ankle, he rolled it early in spring.

Carter in fact has been moved to striker , and as I’ve posted if that happens it means something is up with a striker. Well there was . Keontra is now a lb, weak side.

Safeties had another great day. They’ve been the most consistent group. Bolden has improved coverage.

The d looks bigger and extremely physical, minus the lb’s. It looks like that group is going smaller and faster. Manny wants more speed at the position. Which was obvious last year.

Ivey had a great day, didn’t allow anything ( sorry ) . TS got beat on the trick play , wasn’t tested after that, pretty much locked down everything.

Rambo had a big catch.

Ford has been a monster , easily his best spring.

Harrell had a rough day in coverage.

Tvd played well , doesn’t push the ball down field much , but takes what the defense gives him. He’s been very consistent since some early int’s early in camp. Garcia was steady , he did have a pick.

Don only played a couple of snaps , he was held out with a minor issue, only precautionary. Knighton look explosive as ****, he had a great day. Cam also had a couple long runs.

I was told “ this is a good team”. Sorry mopes , I guess we’ll see how good.

The most controversial thread on CIS is back!

Thanks, Cribby!

Advertisement

There’s always someone so yeah... there are people rooting for losses.
We need to win our bowl game with no more than 2 losses - Bama and possibly UNC - if we don’t get to the ACCCG. If we get to that game then I can live with a Clemson loss. No blowouts this year though I think Bama beats us soundly.

To me, we can beat UNC. If our only 2 losses are to Bama and Clemson and we win the bowl game, I’d say anyone ripping the progress is not reasonable. With 3 losses - and no blowouts, I’m still ok though we need to do better this cycle in recruiting and I think we’ll know more after the June visits.

It's not always just about the wins and losses. I've seen 9-3 teams look like they are turning the corner, and I've seen 10-2 teams look like they should be 6-6. I want to see improvement. My biggest gripe with Manny so far is that our team plays complacent every other game. We'll look like we're improving, then 62-26 happens. Countless games where we just come out lifeless and flat, looking like we forgot how to play the game. Like clockwork, it's usually after we hear the words, "Best week of practice this year."

I might be alright with 9-3, depending on how we look. If we get mauled in three losses, and scrape by 9 scrubs, I won't be impressed. If we play Alabama tight, destroy several teams on our schedule, and lose a couple other close games, it won't be the end of the world. Just improve.
Loss CAN"T be to f$poo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and no I don't think poo will beat us.

Bolden... This is not really a "hot take" but I think at the least, he will have a all-acc type of season. Last yr I think he was just mentally burnt out(and also physically not 100% healthy) due to the fact that there just wasn't that urgency from **** near 90% of the team AND coaches. I know for a fact Trob will hold his players accountable and not allow bs and let it slide. Not saying he has more power than Manny and will overstep him but it will definitely be a different approach than Rumph and Banda. I promise you not one soul at the DB position feared those guys.
Respect for your coaches has a lot to do with how much they’ve accomplished and TRob can throw a lot more accolades on the table than Rumph and Bandy times 3...

The kids know that whatever TRob is telling them they can bank it has and will work for them cause he can show it with past players..

Though Rumph and Bandy have had some success getting guys to the league their accomplishments are nowhere near what TRobs are and they can know 100% if they do what TRob tells them they will have every chance to play not only at the college level but also at the next level..

Advertisement
Respect for your coaches has a lot to do with how much they’ve accomplished and TRob can throw a lot more accolades on the table than Rumph and Bandy times 3...

The kids know that whatever TRob is telling them they can bank it has and will work for them cause he can show it with past players..

Though Rumph and Bandy have had some success getting guys to the league their accomplishments are nowhere near what TRobs are and they can know 100% if they do what TRob tells them they will have every chance to play not only at the college level but also at the next level..
All facts

Loss CAN"T be to f$poo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and no I don't think poo will beat us.
I have to say, a loss to FSU would be a disaster. I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't worried abut that game. I've seen it so many times. Team A dismantles Team B, then the next year Team A looks like they are just going through the motions because they won so easily the year before. Manny needs to have them ready, and I don't mean "best week of practice since Jesus" kind of ready.

Putting keontra smith at wlb sounds like a great move to get more speed on the field. Hopefully gil gets motivated and comes back in the fall ready to up his game and keep his spot. Carter and chase will be hot on his *** if not.

whos the starters on the dline? I think we'll be deeper there. How's chantz doing? Is he up to start or is he in the mix to be in the two deep. I'd like to see harvey and deandre johnson with chantz,cam and McCloud in that order. At tackle I'm guessing ford and silvera with hunter and miller with Taylor.

Advertisement
Back