Nuggets 2.0

Advertisement
Cribby, any idea how much Shoop has to say in these position battles and the D as a whole? Does he get to coach these kids in these practices? I've no idea on what these analyst can and can't do.

Thanks,
LokiCane
Shoop’s sole responsibility is monitoring the CIS coaching board and reporting back. So I’d say heavily.

Let me be clear I’m one of the bigger Frierson guys on the board , I’ve posted multiple times he was arguably the best player on the defense last year. I was just expecting a big step this year and leadership. Showing up out of shape and overweight isn’t that.
Same, and **** in a bag year for him too.

Advertisement
LCL,the problem is it looks like all the weight he's put on is in his belly.Inexcusable for a guy going into his 4 th yr here.
He found Donaldson's fridge.

Ok no more weight jokes. Frierson better whip himself back into shape, Chase definitely will pass him up and those Frierson transfer rumors will pop back up. I'm still high on him.

Chase isn’t going anywhere. My hot take or shocker prediction would be him getting a lot of burn and maybe taking the starting job late in the season. As of today my money is on Carter to start at striker. Maybe Frierson gets his stuff together but until then Carter is my bet.
If we could find Chase Smith all over sfla and be savage with evals we would be back in no time.

Advertisement
I’ll be honest, I haven’t really put a lot of stock into the QB talk this Spring, it’s good they’re getting the reps & doing well but once King is back & ready to go he runs the show, as he should.

King is still the best QB we’ve had here in a decade & fully healthy has what it takes to lead us to an ACC title.

But I’m glad TVD looks to be progressing & playing well enough to start in an emergency situation, this Spring is valuable for him if he has to play at all during the regular season due to King being hurt, I’m really looking forward to seeing how he looks next weekend in the Spring game & if he gets any 2nd half snaps in games where we have a big lead, hopefully we get to see him play 2nd half vs teams like App St, GTech, FSU, Duke etc, particularly App St because they’re a good G5 school & it would be good to see him vs live bullets against a team with an actual Defense & not just a FCS school like Central Connecticut lol.
I still have my reservations on how far King can actually lead us. While he certainly has some unique abilities, he does have holes in his game that can be exploited.

If you told me going into last season that King would have 23 TD passes and 4 rushing TDs, I would have thought you were crazy. I'm trying hard to chalk it up to COVID, but other teams had to deal with that as well.

At times it felt like Lashlee was trying too hard to put a square peg in a round hole. I expect far better from him this year. Said it last year before the season started and I'll say it again now. If King doesn't break the UM record for TDs, the season will be a failure. We need to see consistent potency, not just beating the fool out of FSU and UL, then hitting walls every other game.

Advertisement
We will never have a team as good as our historically great teams, that's just unreasonable to think about. Too many big time programs have their hands in the South Florida recruiting pool.
Respectfully disagree.

It can be done. They manage it in Tuscy... why not back in Coral Gables??

Last edited:
I’ll be honest, I haven’t really put a lot of stock into the QB talk this Spring, it’s good they’re getting the reps & doing well but once King is back & ready to go he runs the show, as he should.

King is still the best QB we’ve had here in a decade & fully healthy has what it takes to lead us to an ACC title.

But I’m glad TVD looks to be progressing & playing well enough to start in an emergency situation, this Spring is valuable for him if he has to play at all during the regular season due to King being hurt, I’m really looking forward to seeing how he looks next weekend in the Spring game & if he gets any 2nd half snaps in games where we have a big lead, hopefully we get to see him play 2nd half vs teams like App St, GTech, FSU, Duke etc, particularly App St because they’re a good G5 school & it would be good to see him vs live bullets against a team with an actual Defense & not just a FCS school like Central Connecticut lol.

We just need QB2 to be good enough that we can beat the bad/average teams on the schedule if King can't go. King is the guy that gives the U an opportunity to have a really good season

Just my view, my biggest concern is the interior Oline, the other spots, I think we can make it work, patch stuff together. But the two guards and Gaynor are huge. To me Gaynor is not that strong(In my view, he's not as effective as even Alex Gall in his final season at Miami) and Im hoping that Donaldson and Rivers can be the people movers that were sorely missing last year, as there were to many wasted downs as Lashlee went to his inside-read.

Get this shored up, and it improves the offense by 33 percent, and helps keep the defense off the field

Anything on who starting WR's and main guys in rotation would be aside from Harley? I want to see Smith's speed but havent seen his name mentioned in either scrimmage...Thanks in advance

Advertisement
Not sure if any of this has been mentioned , I haven’t read any scrimmage updates, this is what I was told. I’ve been extremely busy.

K Smith hasn’t been playing much because of an ankle, he rolled it early in spring.

Carter in fact has been moved to striker , and as I’ve posted if that happens it means something is up with a striker. Well there was . Keontra is now a lb, weak side.

Safeties had another great day. They’ve been the most consistent group. Bolden has improved coverage.

The d looks bigger and extremely physical, minus the lb’s. It looks like that group is going smaller and faster. Manny wants more speed at the position. Which was obvious last year.

Ivey had a great day, didn’t allow anything ( sorry ) . TS got beat on the trick play , wasn’t tested after that, pretty much locked down everything.

Rambo had a big catch.

Ford has been a monster , easily his best spring.

Harrell had a rough day in coverage.

Tvd played well , doesn’t push the ball down field much , but takes what the defense gives him. He’s been very consistent since some early int’s early in camp. Garcia was steady , he did have a pick.

Don only played a couple of snaps , he was held out with a minor issue, only precautionary. Knighton look explosive as ****, he had a great day. Cam also had a couple long runs.

I was told “ this is a good team”. Sorry mopes , I guess we’ll see how good.

I figured when I saw that Don didn’t have a single carry, that he might be slightly nicked up. Apparently that’s correct. Hope it’s nothing more.

I still have my reservations on how far King can actually lead us. While he certainly has some unique abilities, he does have holes in his game that can be exploited.

If you told me going into last season that King would have 23 TD passes and 4 rushing TDs, I would have thought you were crazy. I'm trying hard to chalk it up to COVID, but other teams had to deal with that as well.

At times it felt like Lashlee was trying too hard to put a square peg in a round hole. I expect far better from him this year. Said it last year before the season started and I'll say it again now. If King doesn't break the UM record for TDs, the season will be a failure. We need to see consistent potency, not just beating the fool out of FSU and UL, then hitting walls every other game.
😂

Advertisement
Back